Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Maliki To Step Down

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,674 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Maliki, Prime Minister of Iraq has just announced he will step down to a new Prime Minister. What will this mean for Iraq and ISIS? New leadership, any chance of turning it around or is ISIS spread way to much... maybe the new PM can figure out or has a new gameplan?

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,439 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

Whoever would want to take over from him? Or will ol' Bagdadi just save a lot of everyone's time and put himself forward and be done with it?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,188 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

It was implied that the US might more forcefully intervene on behalf of Iraq if Maliki were gone.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,674 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

Maliki was part of the issue that ISIS started. Maliki didn't want any Sunni's or Kurds into his government. It upset everyone.  this new Prime Minister Al-Abadi has a new take on how the country will try to be ran, (so i've hard). Also heard that U.S will work with Abadi  to help establish peace or more organization..

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,108 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

I really hope the new PM actually is a visionary and can see the potential his people have if they have a strong leader to follow

Orrrr he will just be one of the usual SOB in the region

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,188 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 15 August 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:

I really hope the new PM actually is a visionary and can see the potential his people have if they have a strong leader to follow

Orrrr he will just be one of the usual SOB in the region
I think they have named a Kurd.  He is bound to be better than Maliki.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,729 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

I think Haidar al-Abadi is a Shiite.  It would be nice if he were Kurd, they seem to be the only ones really fighting ISIS.

Hopefully this man will run a more inclusive government.  Lack of such is partly why ISIS was able to take over so easily.  That and Iraq's military sucked.

http://www.firstpost...pm-1660123.html

Edited by Ashotep, 16 August 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

View PostAshotep, on 16 August 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

I think Haidar al-Abadi is a Shiite.  It would be nice if he were Kurd, they seem to be the only ones really fighting ISIS.

Hopefully this man will run a more inclusive government.  Lack of such is partly why ISIS was able to take over so easily.  That and Iraq's military sucked.

http://www.firstpost...pm-1660123.html
Thanks for the correction Ashotep.  I'm not sure where I read he was a Kurd but apparently I misunderstood.  Now it makes more sense that Iran would be supportive of him.  I wondered why they would have embraced a Kurd.  They have no love lost between them.

#9    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,938 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostLucidElement, on 15 August 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

Also heard that U.S will work with Abadi  to help establish peace or more organization..

Thats a comforting thought.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

View Postacidhead, on 16 August 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

Thats a comforting thought.
As opposed to what alternative?  Nice snarky little comment, but not very practical or humane really.  America SCREWED UP on Iraq.  Now our fine friends around the globe can stand back and point the finger and FOREVER tell us how evil we are.  Until, of course, they need us again.

#11    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,245 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

I think acid head makes a good point. The US has no real interest in helping Iraq, only to run Iraq.

The proof is in the pudding, do you think that American involvement in taking out Saddam helped the Iraq people?

The biggest no-brainer I ever asked lol

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,335 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Dr. Haider al-Malidi is an Engineer who learned his craft in England.  If only the US had engineers running for highest offices instead of lawyers.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,188 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 19 August 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

I think acid head makes a good point. The US has no real interest in helping Iraq, only to run Iraq.

The proof is in the pudding, do you think that American involvement in taking out Saddam helped the Iraq people?

The biggest no-brainer I ever asked lol
I'm not sure how a western mindset could have really understood the potential chaos that would be unleashed by removing the "lid" from such a contained evil.  Now that we do understand, we have tired of trying to re-contain it.  Problem is that we now have no real choice.  We will either destroy IT or it will destroy US.  This danger isn't about numbers any longer, Earl... it's about a flashpoint of ideologies that is primed for a massive explosion.  Nothing less than a modern version of the Crusades - and Jerusalem is at the heart of it all again.  Only the Grail this time for the west is oil - not religion.  But for the Muslims it is still about religion.  That does not bode well at all for us in the west.

#14    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,938 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

Don't know how any western mindset could have understood the potential chaos by invading Iraq in 2003?

Ron Paul predicted the ensuing chaos!

WATCH THE FOLOWING VIDEO:

Ron Paul discusses the Iraq War and his litmus test for war.

Ron Paul on C-SPAN: Feb. 6, 2003

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,188 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

View Postacidhead, on 22 August 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Don't know how any western mindset could have understood the potential chaos by invading Iraq in 2003?

Ron Paul predicted the ensuing chaos!

WATCH THE FOLOWING VIDEO:

Ron Paul discusses the Iraq War and his litmus test for war.

Ron Paul on C-SPAN: Feb. 6, 2003

Hardly... I'll admit that he was more prescient than those making the policies at the time, but not even he understood just how tangled it all was PRIOR to the troops going in.    The current conflict is about a fringe of violent observers of Islam.  Anyone who believes otherwise is, imo, deluding themselves.  One can sit back and take shots at the leadership, vilifying them for decisions made but the current reality is pretty darned grim and "I told you so" really doesn't matter, you know?   When these animals begin to filter back to their respective countries we are going to start to see mayhem at home.  And the ones who I feel badly for are those Muslims who are genuinely peaceful.  They are going to catch hell in small (and not so small) towns all over this country the next time we have a 9-11 style event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users