Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Acre-sized UFO


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,882 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Close encounter with acre-sized UFO leaves three Missouri witnesses baffled

Three Joplin, MO, UFO witnesses are speaking out on the July 8, 2014, sighting where the object was originally reported as “bigger than a house,” according to Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) Missouri Assistant State Director Margie Kay and STAR Team Investigator Larry Jordan.
Kay and Jordan examined sites on July 13 where three credible witnesses saw a UFO and had strange experiences.
From Kay’s report issued today:

http://www.openminds...s-baffled/29494
  • "The article contains information about UFOs 'n stuff.  The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such."
  • "Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Sweetpumper does not represent, warrant, undertake or guarantee ... that the information in the newsletter is correct, accurate, complete or non-misleading."
  • "Sweetpumper will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage."
  • "If a section of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other sections of this disclaimer continue in effect."


"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#2    dr no

dr no

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The North of England

  • Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

There has to be more than 3 witnesses to an object of that size and that low surely? I guess none of them had a phone on them to take a photo either?


#3    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

    Far Traveler

  • Member
  • 3,684 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Tennessee, Just over the hill from Oak Ridge.

  • "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

UFO reports without corroborating evidence of any kind are like cotton candy; sweet and without substance.


#4    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Even with evidence it really doesn't matter these days.

Any picture is considered fake.

Any video footage is considered Cgi

Any alleged implant can't be proven to be of an et origin

Any experience is considered mental illness

Any sightings are considered misidentification.


Nothing short of aliens landing on the front lawn will change most skeptics minds.


#5    MrBene

MrBene

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio Gallegos, Argentina

  • A regular guy

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 15 August 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Even with evidence it really doesn't matter these days.

Any picture is considered fake.

Any video footage is considered Cgi

Any alleged implant can't be proven to be of an et origin

Any experience is considered mental illness

Any sightings are considered misidentification.


Nothing short of aliens landing on the front lawn will change most skeptics minds.

I feel your hatred. Now, what do you consider to be "fully believeble evidence" that's being dismissed by meanie skeptics?

Because photos and videos are usually taken to labs, actually anybody can do it at home if you know what are you doing (To spot something fake).
About implants, I haven't see any implant so far that has been labeled as "ET origin" by scientists. I bet most scientist could be really interested in something that has such origin.
Experience is just that, words. You need some sort of "backup" otherwise it's just like that fairy tale about the little boy and the wolves and sightings are the big grey area where any kind of misinterpretation can happen.

So, I ask you again, what do you consider "undeniable" evidence of ET presence/visitation on Earth?


#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,882 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

View Postdr no, on 15 August 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

I guess none of them had a phone on them to take a photo either?

That's not what immediately crosses your mind when you encounter something like that. Any photo would simply be dismissed anyway.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#7    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

View Postdr no, on 15 August 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

There has to be more than 3 witnesses to an object of that size and that low surely? I guess none of them had a phone on them to take a photo either?
It'd just be out of focus anyway.

A skeptical believer.

#8    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,882 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostBlueBomber, on 15 August 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

It'd just be out of focus anyway.

See? No photo and it's been dismissed. There's no need to bother taking them anymore.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#9    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostMrBene, on 15 August 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:



I feel your hatred. Now, what do you consider to be "fully believeble evidence" that's being dismissed by meanie skeptics?

Because photos and videos are usually taken to labs, actually anybody can do it at home if you know what are you doing (To spot something fake).
About implants, I haven't see any implant so far that has been labeled as "ET origin" by scientists. I bet most scientist could be really interested in something that has such origin.
Experience is just that, words. You need some sort of "backup" otherwise it's just like that fairy tale about the little boy and the wolves and sightings are the big grey area where any kind of misinterpretation can happen.

So, I ask you again, what do you consider "undeniable" evidence of ET presence/visitation on Earth?

There is no single case or piece of evidence that can prove the existence without a shadow of a doubt.

I don't see how you could without actually showing people a live alien.

It's more like a collection of all the evidence combined.

There just comes a point when you've heard and seen so much that you can no longer dismiss it.

A lot of the information is subjective.

For example some people might see the photos of structures on the moon as evidence and others might see rocks.



#10    MrBene

MrBene

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio Gallegos, Argentina

  • A regular guy

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Ok, collection.

So, let's say you can have a collection of 10 things that prove in some sort of way, the presence and visitation of ETs. What would it include?


#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,882 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

9 bodies and a wrecked ship.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#12    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

The collection would also be subjective to the person studying it. My top 10 cases might be completely different than another person's.

What would my personal compelling collection of cases be? I would have to think about that I'm not sure exactly what I would include.


#13    CuriousRey

CuriousRey

    Jedi Master

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 15 August 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

That's not what immediately crosses your mind when you encounter something like that. Any photo would simply be dismissed anyway.

I disagree, if a clear photo is taken of a UFO that is supposedly flying low enough to tell that it is bigger than a house I would personally be impressed.


#14    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,882 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostCuriousRey, on 15 August 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

I disagree, if a clear photo is taken of a UFO that is supposedly flying low enough to tell that it is bigger than a house I would personally be impressed.

We'll have to find one first.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#15    CuriousRey

CuriousRey

    Jedi Master

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2014
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 15 August 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

We'll have to find one first.

Indeed we will, it's a shame however that none of the three individuals involved in this sighting were unable to snap a single shot of the UFO as it appeared to me from the article that there was plenty of time to do so.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users