Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ukraine's Forces Engage Russian Armoured Conv

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,620 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Ukraine's forces say they engaged a Russian armoured convoy that crossed on to Ukrainian soil "and part of it no longer exists".
Officials in Kiev said they tracked the convoy and then attacked it.

Nothing more then what's posted is in the link at the time of posting this...as it's breaking news...but this is an interesting development.

http://news.sky.com/...armoured-convoy

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#2    CuriousRey

CuriousRey

Jedi Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

• "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

and it begins.

#3    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,920 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Why are so many of the Russian Aid Convey trucks virtually empty? Source (BBC): http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-28802849

So now we have to try to guess... have troops and weapons been offloaded prior to the reporters being granted access? Why do so many of the 200+ 40 tonne truck have just a few boxes in them? It makes no sense.... It makes sense if just 4 or 5 were fully laden with humanitarian aid, just sufficient to be dispersed amongst all of the other trucks once the other "assets" had been removed...

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Reminds me of the X Files movie when Sculder Mulder are looking for those white tanker trucks, is this a decoy or something?

#5    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 15 August 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

[/font][/color]
Nothing more then what's posted is in the link at the time of posting this...as it's breaking news...but this is an interesting development.
http://news.sky.com/...armoured-convoy

Russian TV says no incursion happened, no military vehicles were destroyed and that they don't know what the Ukranian Government is going on about. Remarks on their TV sites ask for evidence (photos or videos) of Russian armoured vehicles inside Ukraine (not inside Russia) and of wreckage.

#6    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,669 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 15 August 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Why are so many of the Russian Aid Convey trucks virtually empty? Source (BBC): http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-28802849

So now we have to try to guess... have troops and weapons been offloaded prior to the reporters being granted access? Why do so many of the 200+ 40 tonne truck have just a few boxes in them? It makes no sense.... It makes sense if just 4 or 5 were fully laden with humanitarian aid, just sufficient to be dispersed amongst all of the other trucks once the other "assets" had been removed...

As in any aid convoy, done on military planning and scale through a potential conflict zone, i cannot remember recommended figure but a percentage of the convoy will be empty. this is done in case a number of vehicles break down on route, they simply move the load and continue leaving the stricken lorry behind awaiting recovery. to the casual observer these empty lorries look suspicious and conspiracy theories are born, but obviously we need to see exactly how many of these lorries are empty to make a informed judgement.

I thought the deal for the convoy involved having International red cross members on board guaranteeing no military equipment is being moved.

just watched a video and there are a large number of trucks which in the main are empty? strange. let the conspiracy theories begin, i wonder if Vlad the mad was planning on crossing the border unannounced, the Ukrainian forces then open up. blowing a few lorries up and giving Putin the green light to send in the Armoured convoy waiting on the sidelines. interesting very interesting. If that was the case why allow the empty lorries to be film by the world media. whats Putin up to.

Maybe the lorries where being sent in to Ukraine to extract Russian troops out of Ukraine. you know the ones which are not there. that would explain why the trucks are nearly empty, plus as the trucks leave Ukraine they'd have a safe passage? being dressed up as a aid convoy. otherwise they'd have to fight their way out. - Donesk the Pro-Russian strong hold is said to be surrounded by Ukrainian forces. their self proclaimed leader only the other day gave up his post. most probably sensing the game is up. - Trucks drive in load troops get out, it makes sense why Russian Armour is in the area for if things go pear shaped.

Edited by stevewinn, 15 August 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#7    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,669 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

RAF Typhoons policing NATO Airspace over Baltic's

Picture taken by second RAF Typhoon - shows one RAF Typhoon and two Russian Sukhoi Su27 ‘Flanker’ fighters. Second picture shows a close up of Russian Su27, Third Picture shows Russian Beriev A50 ‘Mainstay’ early warning aircraft. with RAF Typhoon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,942 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

In the news I saw (BBC), a reporter filmed 'one' empty truck... he then went to another truck and asked for it to be opened, and it had goods in there. So whats the truth? A single empty truck? Blown out of all proportion? Or does anyone have vids/links to confirm that more than one was empty?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,404 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

View Postseeder, on 16 August 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

In the news I saw (BBC), a reporter filmed 'one' empty truck... he then went to another truck and asked for it to be opened, and it had goods in there. So whats the truth? A single empty truck? Blown out of all proportion? Or does anyone have vids/links to confirm that more than one was empty?

I guess that one empty truck is already enough to question what was on it when they left Moscow. And all we have is party driven information, what is factual or not is something we will not know for quite a while. Now, if we go to precedents, In new Ossetia Putin pulled a similar one.... and it is demonstrated that arms got to the "Rebels' as humanitarian aid.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,942 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Now found the vid... he 'says' there are empty trucks, but only finds/films the one... plus let me quote stevewinn:  "As in any aid convoy, done on military planning and scale through a potential conflict zone, i cannot remember recommended figure but a percentage of the convoy will be empty. this is done in case a number of vehicles break down on route"

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Psychic Spy

• 1,328 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 16 August 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Third Picture shows Russian Beriev A50 ‘Mainstay’ early warning aircraft. with RAF Typhoon.
Posted Image

That is an Antonov An-26, a light turboprop transport. This picture is a Beriev A-50, a completely different plane:
Posted Image

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,404 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostNoteverythingisaconspiracy, on 16 August 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

That is an Antonov An-26, a light turboprop transport. This picture is a Beriev A-50, a completely different plane:
Posted Image

yeh, yeh... who wanted to know that exactly when it comes to flag waving.... :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#13    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Psychic Spy

• 1,328 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 August 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

yeh, yeh... who wanted to know that exactly when it comes to flag waving.... :devil:

Well I just like facts and I am quite interested in the aircrafts of the former Soviet Union. :tu:

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

#14    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

most of the cargo is missing thats the point

#15    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,238 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

This report contradicts the Russians
http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-28817347

"I'd like to give you some good news," he says. "At present, moving towards the corridor [a link across the border into Russia established by the rebels] are... 150 items of military hardware, 30 of which are tanks and the rest are infantry fighting vehicles and armoured personnel carriers.""

Edited by Yes_Man, 16 August 2014 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users