Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why only heaven?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005
    Have a SUPER SPARKLEY DAY

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Sorry if this has been asked recently but I haven't been around for a while....

I see stories on the news or online all the time about people who claim to have died visited heaven and come back to let everyone know how wondreful it is etc...

Why doesn't it happen the other way? why is it that there aren't people who die and say oh no i need to change my life I was in hell  and it is really like .....

This is my random thought of the morning :D

Commit random acts of kindness

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

#2    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

• S*** happens, again and again.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

i recently watched a few shows on youtube of persons claiming to have been sent to hell. i dont remember the name but a search on NDE Hell may get you results. :innocent:

I created the Sound of Madness.

Wrote the book on pain.

Somehow I'm still here,

To explain,

When you gonna wake up and fight... for yourself?

#3    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

I'll have to do that when I get home....I find it intersting that if these ppl exist that they aren't shown on the news and front page of magazines...proof of 'the bad place' i would think would be used by people....

#4    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,886 posts

• A belief should be freely chosen or not chosen, not demanded or ordered nor come should it come at the end of a fist or rifle.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

First off I think people tend to cherry-pick only those "experiences" that they want to see or that dove-tail with what they believe while discarding the huge amounts of so-called "experiences" where the person reports nothing.

Also, since the U.S, for example, is so inundated with religion -particularly christianity- then naturally those who are indoctrinated will usually see things pertaining to said religion. Same would happen with a hindu or buddhist. (one of our late family friends was a hindu and reported seeing, while in the hospital, a image of someone related to the hindu belief system)

Of course people also want to hear about angels, fluffy clouds and seeing family again. No one wants to hear that the person seen or heard nothing or that, because of their own troubles, seen troubling stuff instead.

All in all NDE's can probably be compared to hallucinations or racing of thoughts one might see when having a high fever. All trauma induced really.

#5    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

I agree with you Ryu!! But because of everything you said is why I find it odd that one...some people who believe they are going 'down' don't get those images, and if they do why...some religious people aren't jumping on it as a tool to convert non-believers or cement the concept that you must be good etc

#6    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,151 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Umm!!! How many people are going to admit that they had a foretaste of hell?  I mean what might it say about their life? (or at least their belief about their life) Why would anyone think they were going to hell? (Only because they had a really guilty conscience.)  eg "Ah I had a vision I was in hell. I really had better stop raping and killing young women/ beating my wife /stealing from my employer." Actually many people have dreams about hell in one form or another. It is a symbolic creation of our subconscious which is  responding to a variety of stressors and circumstances in a person's life. .

Edited by Mr Walker, 17 August 2014 - 02:58 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#7    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:03 AM

Luke 16

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

#8    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

Luke 16

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

#9    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,424 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

Back in my freshman year of uni I knew a guy who claimed to have seen hell during a drug overdose.

Of course we were also watching the movie Constantine, and it just so happens the hell he saw exactly matched that version of hell.

Convenient how that works.

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,067 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

There are copious reports of people who have died and claimed to have seen hell - just look up NDE, visions of hell.

Here you go, this is just one link:

http://www.theforbid...ons_of_hell.htm

Note: presenting the link does not mean I believe the accounts, just that they exist.

Edited by libstaK, 17 August 2014 - 03:09 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    gatekeeper32

gatekeeper32

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:32 AM

It happens.  People do report seeing hell.  But remember when it comes to any media what is going to sell and keep people interest?  Everything is nice and fluffy or oh guess what there is a possibility that hell is real and you can be there?

#12    aka CAT

aka CAT

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

• That, with God, all things are possible
    doesn't make everything equally probable.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

My NDE had to do with neither my cultural nor religious background,
though I have tried to make sense of it in light of the latter.  As I was
made to "lie down in green pastures," it is to the like I regularly drift
upon falling asleep or, apparently, when unconscious.  It is there I
go to be replenished and thus was I then as the hitherto seemingly
solitary scape came alive with community.

That community, however, can to a Christian only conceivably exist
on "a new earth."

Edited by aka CAT, 17 August 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#13    Border Collie

Border Collie

Just testing

• 1,136 posts

• Schrodinger's dog

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

Probably because there is no such place as hell. Outside of Old Harry's Game.

#14    Red Moon

Red Moon

Angry werewolf girl

• 2,081 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

Bacca not all experiences of NDE's are the same.

Being tough is the new square.

#15    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostRose-Red Howler, on 19 August 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

Bacca not all experiences of NDE's are the same.

I never said they were, did I?

I was asking a curiosity question because i have seen an abundance of heaven going NDEs on the tv lately sorry if i implied that all of them were identical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users