Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO sighted over Houston during rain storm

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

A circular object with a ring of lights was observed by multiple witnesses across the city this week.

Social media was buzzing on the night of August 11th when several people managed to snap photographs of what appeared to be an oval-shaped craft in the sky over Houston during stormy weather.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ring-rain-storm

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Wow, those are some fascinating pictures.  Multiple witnesses, multiple pictures taken at different angles.  I really don't know what to think about these.

#3    Astra.

Astra.

Xanadu

• 3,810 posts

• We are in the cosmos - and the cosmos are in us.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Interesting article and pictures.

I guess time will eventually tell if it's a hoax of sorts, some kind of strange natural phenomenon, or remains one of those unexplained mysteries.

Posted Image

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image

So here are some pics...

RC quadcopter is the first thought, and yes they can make them look like discs

Edited by seeder, 16 August 2014 - 04:22 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5    b0wn

b0wn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

That would have to be the biggest RC I've ever seen.

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

This one even has similar lights...do watch till the end

Edited by seeder, 16 August 2014 - 04:34 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

View Postb0wn, on 16 August 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

That would have to be the biggest RC I've ever seen.

How can you tell how big it is?

#8    b0wn

b0wn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

View Postseeder, on 16 August 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

How can you tell how big it is?

Use the FREEWAY SIGN as a reference point. :)

#9    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

I find this intriguing to the max

*Ninja turtles

#10    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,170 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Its Real, its Real, a Wookie told me.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#11    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

View Postb0wn, on 16 August 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Use the FREEWAY SIGN as a reference point. :)

I prefer to use the window of the house

#12    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Huh, yeah not sure what that could be but it's definitely really cool. Great pictures.

A skeptical believer.

#13    Atuke

Atuke

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

• N 41' 26' 24.74"
    W 123' 42' 05.34"

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

20 years ago it would've been epic and believable. It's hard to judge since there isn't a video of it. A table sized drone from a hobby store can be fixed with inexpensive LCD lights and flown silently over the populous. The pics over the freeway could have been photoshopped and clouds added for distortion and perspective. Hate to be dismissive. Well done though

#14    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

I live in Houston and saw the lightning show but missed this "UFO". The street lights along I-10 look like this "UFO". I even posted one as a "UFO" on UM a couple years ago.
I don't know anything about photo shopping or if that is what this is...I'm heading out I'll get a pic of one and post it.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#15    TheMustardLady

TheMustardLady

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 6,127 posts

• The temp poster of Stubbly_Dooright who wants to solve everything with mustard! :D

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

I've watched the video, Seeder, and always wondered how those things flew. We sell something similar at work.

Whether those pics are real or not, I just watched a Weather Channel special on paranormal phenomena during weather situations. Apparently, there have been sightings when there was tornadoes and strong thunderstorms. They say, that it is probably because the crafts are trying to charge their ship up with energy. And that is why they are sighted numerously during bad weather. Just a thought.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
Don't walk in front of me; I was not born to follow. Don't walk behind me; We were all born to lead. Don't walk without me; I might need you tomorrow. Walk right beside me, Be the real friend I need.  (Celtic Woman)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users