Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Moses spoke Egyptian language or Hebrew langu

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1    Roy Perry

Roy Perry

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

God first, Atheist second, and Jesus Christ Last
Moses spoke Egyptian language or Hebrew language.
08-16-2014
The of the Jews from Egypt was in 1446BC and Moses was 8o years old then (Ex 7:7). This would mean Moses was born 1526BC.

Ex 1:2 And there went a man of the house of Levi, and took to wife a daughter of Levi.
2 And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months.
3 And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink.
4 And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him.
5 And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.
6 And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.
7 Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?

The daughter of Pharaoh called Moses her son which gave Moses sonship rights otherwise she was his mother and no Hebrew dog could say anything about it.Yes the Hebrews were dogs and the Egyptians were gods so moses was higher grade of person than some Hebrew dog. Otherwise Moses did go the school of Hebrews but his mother daughter of Pharaoh Egyptian that save his life. Thank you with love of truth and an holy kiss of truth unto you from Roy.

#2    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

He spoke both.

#3    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• 1,302 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Probably Aramaic and Latin too...  on a side note... I bet he picked his nose...
no one lives that long in the desert without having to clean house... :innocent:

Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain. ~ Ihab Hassan
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Just because you thought it, or felt it deeply, doesn't make it real, true or important.  Don't believe everything you think... ~ Creighton Larson
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#4    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,555 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostquiXilver, on 17 August 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Probably Aramaic and Latin too...  on a side note... I bet he picked his nose...
no one lives that long in the desert without having to clean house... :innocent:

Nice seinfeld reference

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#5    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• 1,302 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

even a broken clock is right twice a day... :tu:

Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain. ~ Ihab Hassan
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Just because you thought it, or felt it deeply, doesn't make it real, true or important.  Don't believe everything you think... ~ Creighton Larson
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#6    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Gnomish Sorcery League Professor

• 2,323 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:59 AM

Ramesses II (Middle Egyptian: *Riʻmīsisu,[citation needed] transliterated as "Rameses" (/ˈræməsiːz/)[5] or "Ramses" (/ˈræmsiːz/ or /ˈræmziːz/);[6] born c. 1303 BC; died July or August 1213 BC; reigned 1279–1213 BC), also known as Ramesses the Great

Old Latin (also called Early Latin or Archaic Latin) refers to the period of Latin texts before the age of Classical Latin, extending from textual fragments that probably originated in the Roman monarchy to the written language of the late Roman republic about 75 BC. Almost all the writing of its earlier phases is inscriptional.

Cleopatra VII Philopator (Greek: Κλεοπάτρα Φιλοπάτωρ; Late 69 BC[1] – August 12, 30 BC), known to history as Cleopatra, was the last active pharaoh of Ancient Egypt, only shortly survived by her son, Caesarion as pharaoh. The name Cleopatra is derived from the Greek name Κλεοπατρα (Kleopatra) which meant "glory of the father" in the feminine form, derived from κλεος (kleos) "glory" combined with πατρος (patros) "of the father" (the masculine form would be Kleopatros Κλεοπατρος).[2][3]

The Roman Kingdom (Latin: Regnum Romanum) was the period of the ancient Roman civilization characterized by a monarchical form of government of the city of Rome and its territories.
Little is certain about the history of the kingdom, as nearly no written records from that time survive, and the histories about it that were written during the Republic and Empire are largely based on legends. However, the history of the Roman Kingdom began with the city's founding, traditionally dated to 753 BC with settlements around the Palatine Hill along the river Tiber in Central Italy, and ended with the overthrow of the kings and the establishment of the Republic in about 509 BC.

R. ii kinda died long before Latin had a chance to go and develope.

And the forty years Moses was lost in the desert.....well, it rained for 40 days and 40 nights....Jesus went into the desert for 40 days, hence we have lint....Alibaba and how many thieves....40 just meant *a lot*

Edited by bubblykiss, 17 August 2014 - 05:01 AM.

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#7    Magnanimus

Magnanimus

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

What's likely is that the historical Moses and Hebrews of Exodus spoke a language comparable to Yiddish, only substituting Ancient Egyptian for German and Ancient Canaanite for Hebrew.  After the Exodus, they gradually shifted back to a Canaanite dialect, but Egyptian influence in Canaan was strong enough until the Bronze Age Collapse that they still would have kept both, sort of like the interplay between English and Spanish in the Southwest US.

There are still relics in Hebrew of the Egyptian language, and Moses' name is actually the most prominent one.  In Exodus, they link the name Moses (or Moshe in Hebrew) to the word mashah which means to draw out, as Moses was drawn out of the NIle by Pharaoh's Daughter and as Moses would draw his People out of Egypt.  It is similarly linked with the word that forms the root of Christ and Isaiah's names, in this case moshia, meaning savior or deliverer.

Both of these folk etymologies are incorrect as Moses is actually a particle of an Egyptian name.  In an Egyptian name, it means "born of---" or "servant of---" as it is coupled with the name of a deity.  Thutmosis, for example, the son of Thoth, or Moses' traditional nemesis, Rameses, the son of Ra.  Moses is markedly missing the name of an Egyptian god in his name.  This is because the name of the Lord God of Israel is not meant to be spoken, is ineffable.  This makes Moses' name to mean "Servant of the Unnameable God".

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,582 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

a little known fact is that he actually spoke Esperanto ;) Mister Faraono forliberigos Mian popolon liberaj!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,559 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostquiXilver, on 17 August 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

even a broken clock is right twice a day... :tu:

My sentiment exactly.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

He would have spoken both and perhaps other tribal names.  He was after all a warrior prince.  That is how he was able to kill the task later with his bear hands.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#11    029b10

029b10

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostRoy Perry, on 17 August 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

Otherwise Moses did go the school of Hebrews but his mother daughter of Pharaoh Egyptian that save his life. Thank you with love of truth and an holy kiss of truth unto you from Roy.

Hebrew school?  Hebrew school was the Mommas and the Poppas.

So where do you think Moses learn to write the written word of the Hebrew language?  Think Paul taught them?  Plus, how long do you think they made it out in the desert with all that livestock and gold they where hauling and no water?

The Egyptians couldn't do anything but make hieroglyphics, totally different concept that written word.

Posted Image

Upon the Circuits of My Creator

shall I return to the Garden of Lights

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

I don't think they had a so called school.  Being a son of royalty he would have had tutors teaching him the different languages and war.  The slaves would have spoken Egyptian and their own languages.  So those dealing with these slaves would need to know the slave language, for self defense if nothing else.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#13    Khamical X

Khamical X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 220 posts

• To be labelled a SAVAGE is a powerful/divine title if you overstood it's true meaning.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

I have read lots of intel on biblical history. One thing that we have to note is NOT taking the scriptures literal. Most of the bible is pure allegory and symbology, Moses was actually Pharaoh Akhenaten who spoke Metu-Ngr. The so called Hebrew that is presented before us is actually Yiddish and should not be confused with traditional Canaanite.

#14    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,336 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

There is no real reason to assume the actual existence of Moses, much less what language he spoke.

Prior to speculating on the tongue Moses spoke, why not speculate on whether he ever existed?

It's simultaneously sad and humorous that the OP nails down to the year the date of Moses' birth wiothout even establishing he lived.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#15    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:06 AM

You mean the Hebrew calender is wrong.  It starts with moses and the exidous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users