Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

The Dyatlov Pass Incident

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: USDA</strong>
Image credit: USDA
Alexander Popoff: Fifty-five years of research into the case of the Dyatlov Pass incident — nine young ski hikers died on the Dead Mountain in Russia under bizarre circumstances — still does not offer a conclusive resolution to this long-standing mystery. The facts of this story are so puzzling and contradictory that as yet no theory can make them cohere into a realistic picture of those gruesome events. The Soviet investigators determined that an “insurmountable force of nature” caused the death of the ski hikers.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Perceptivum

Perceptivum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I recently watched a program which blamed this tragedy on the Yeti.  This explanation seems more plausible. :tu:

"Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth". - Ghandi

"A conspiracy is a truth awaiting revelation." - Me

#3    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Very sad and very believable.

#4    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,424 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

View Posttaniwha, on 18 August 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

Very sad and very believable.

Very sad and very unbelievable as presented here. This has been discussed is detail numerous times here on UM.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#5    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Not this topic again... :/

Everything is easily explainable except for what scared them out of the tent, and it wasn;t an avalanche.

#6    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,751 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 August 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Everything is easily explainable except for what scared them out of the tent, and it wasn;t an avalanche.

No, the article suggests they were killed by lightening strike.  St elmos fire scared them out of their wits.

#7    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Doubtful. ^
Lightening or no lightening, they would have returned to their tent if the only other option is freezing to death.

Personally I think there might have been someone(s) else on the mountain, or some un recorded military exercise going on, or some other natural phenomenon (more extreme then lightening) that was simply missed/hidden during the "investigation".

#8    taniwha

taniwha

• 1,751 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 August 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Doubtful. ^
Lightening or no lightening, they would have returned to their tent if the only other option is freezing to death.

Personally I think there might have been someone(s) else on the mountain, or some un recorded military exercise going on, or some other natural phenomenon (more extreme then lightening) that was simply missed/hidden during the "investigation".

I think the theory is the lightening killed them.  The chances of returning to the tent in a state of death is nil.  What on earth do you mean by some natural phenomenon more extreme than lightening yet that can be simply missed?

#9    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,106 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostPerceptivum, on 18 August 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

I recently watched a program which blamed this tragedy on the Yeti.  This explanation seems more plausible. :tu:

It does sound a little more plausible until you realize that military search and recovery personnel stated firmly that there were no tracks of any kind, animal tracks, human footprints, ski tracks, vehicle tracks, nothing.

I've participated three other time in this topic thread, and it still amazes me to this day.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#10    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,106 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 August 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Well, I don't know if yo can explain off the fact that two victims had signs of  internal injuries that were consistent with being in a car crash at 50 mph, with NO external injuries/bruising - or the woman with her tongue ripped out, or the jaundice skin etc etc and several other points, but, you are right, an avalanche did not scare them out of the tent because there simply was no avalanche

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#11    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,106 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 August 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Doubtful. ^

that's riiiiight.

looks like what ever was near or about the tent was considered a more sure death than facing the elements half naked

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 19 August 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#12    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

I think the theory is the lightening killed them.
'

looks like what ever was near or about the tent was considered a more sure death than facing the elements half naked

It looks like Earl and I actually agree with something :unsure2: :w00t:

THey didn't die right away. They froze to death and/or ran and got injured and froze to death. One of them made a fire... some of them made it the better part of a mile. If the lightening killed them, they wouldn't be so spread out, or had time to make a fire.

Coming from someone who spends a lot of time in the cold (of Canada, no less, lol) and enjoys it, I personally know how easy it is for things to go wrong. It does not take a lot of clothing (just proper clothing) to stay warm in the minus 30s, 40s, etc, etc... it'd have to be one hell of a scare to force me from the tent half naked.

Heck, maybe they were forced out at gun point or something... :unsure2:

#13    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,106 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 August 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

'

It looks like Earl and I actually agree with something :unsure2: :w00t:

THey didn't die right away. They froze to death and/or ran and got injured and froze to death. One of them made a fire... some of them made it the better part of a mile. If the lightening killed them, they wouldn't be so spread out, or had time to make a fire.

Coming from someone who spends a lot of time in the cold (of Canada, no less, lol) and enjoys it, I personally know how easy it is for things to go wrong. It does not take a lot of clothing (just proper clothing) to stay warm in the minus 30s, 40s, etc, etc... it'd have to be one hell of a scare to force me from the tent half naked.

Heck, maybe they were forced out at gun point or something... :unsure2:

Well I am glad someone in here that is not from South America and truly realizes what it is  like in minus 30. Yeah, they - as I recall *tried* to light a fire with wet wood and failed. they did NOT run back to the tent.

that is a *big* tell.

They believe that the people were blinded because there was dry wood close to where they found the wet wood, and because the investigators say they were groping on the ground to find wood, as if they could not see.

Let's do the math:

investigators say there was a significant amount of radiation at the scene, much more than what could have been deposited there by the mantle in the gas lantern, as some seem to think was the source.

The victims skin was orange, suggesting their livers were shut down and jaundice ensued.

The victims appeared to be blinded.

there were no tracks at all of any kind around the tent.

Add it up:

Something akin to a hovering craft, like a helicopter of some kind, blasted these people with radiation.
That's all I can think of. But there is much more to try to explain than just those items.

Oh, and - again, "no tracks' -----> nobody there to force them out of the tent at gunpoint.

"Enigma" comes to mind.

#14    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

Oh, and - again, "no tracks' -----> nobody there to force them out of the tent at gunpoint.

Except that the "investigators" didn't find the tent until several days (if not a week or two) after they died. I know it snowed between the time they died and the time they found the bodies. Enough snow to cover up any tracks.

The radiation angle is something that has always interested me. A soviet military experiment coverup? Or an experiment that went wrong?

#15    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,106 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

"I found the original forensic medical files of the dead tourists and when I began reading about the heavy blunt injuries, broken ribs, and skull fractures, the missing eyes and tongue, the specific burns, it struck me: They were hit by lightning."

There are many ways to bat this around, some blow the theory right out of the water.

Firstly, "lightning" does not account for the high radiation levels at the scene and on the clothing of the victims.

It also does not explain the jaundice that the people apparently had.

Lightning does not strike in temps as cold as minus 30 C

What can I say? you don't have to look very hard or very long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users