Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A voice woke me up

Amex05

So, normally I would not imagin to even type my situation and asking for opinions about supernatural related since I am somewhat of a believer of science and can we skip the; you are imagining aspects (I hope I was).

The situation - today at 8:30ish AM, I was woken up by a voice that repeated a statement twice, somewhat vivid but I think it said "change your car", why I said vivid was I was in a state of shock, disbelief and even trying to hear what the statement was, c'mon I was WTF. The voice, I do not reocgnise the voice, but it was rather a male prob under 25 I think and it was not a scream etc but rather a soft voice e.g. conversational standard volume.

I also need to mention, I have audio speakers aorrounding my room which isn't very big either, generally play 2 audio files on it; (1) a forest rain and (2) wind breeze - all these help me sleep (cancles out the sound, since I live near a main road).

Now, I am not sure what to think or act about the situation. I did some look into google prior to coming here, I don't know anyone who has passed away or done anything bad (I do believe in karma lol).

I think I am not going to use my audio files to help me sleep and see if I am woken up again, I plan to inspect the files later.

It's 8.52am now, so I pretty much wrote this up as the details are still fresh in my mind. Also, can skip the I am telling a BS, as I mention, this is no joke and even if you think I am telling a BS, let's assume I am telling the truth for the sake of it and let me hear your opinion and work with me on this.

Ok, now, even though I have had varying degrees of experiences, kind of like yours, I want to shoot a couple of mundane ideas. You already thoight of maybe your cd's or maybe the device they are played on. That was one thought I had while reading your post. Another could be that in between sleep and waking experience, that I have had a couple of times. Another is, and I dont know if you live on a ground floor or have neighbors with walls seperating you, but could it be someone close by? I would hears voices, come to find out it is from outside or the neighbor next door.i am sure you can probably tell. I just wanted to shoot that out to you.

If not, maybe you could try to record EVP's.

I live on the ground, a house. Strangly the voice seem to originate from open middle closet. I found a tip about putting a bowl of water abd rock salt in the room..this so strange and new to me.

Are you religious at all?

Voice of God?

Well, I'm assuming you have a lot of struggle to get some decent sleep. Don't worry, it happens the same to me and instead of using speakers around my bedroom I use headphones and binaural beats. Anyway, I experienced (not so frequently) that sometimes I "wake up" in a semi-concious state, but I'm not fully awake and sometimes the sounds mix with thoughts and I hear really creepy stuff. I don't know if this happened to you since you're not describing what happened after . In my case, I always think that what happen (at that moment) is happening but apparently it only happens in my mind.

Btw, are you planning on changing your car? Do you own a car?

• Like 1

Perhaps an open beliver, I mean you can't believe in both? I do own a car, what happened after was I have been searching the net for similiar experiences. In terms of what I have been doing or my sorrounding environment, nothing happened pretty much.

my room wad dark at the time since I have roller shutters, opened my lamp light immediately after tho. This is some scary stuff.

Any suggestion on what to do from this point on ?

I would have asked the lottery numbers...

• Like 2

Dw, like many others I would of been naahh this post is full of shiet, but once it happens and you experience it, you may be here writting the same thing I am right now lol.

I would take Mr. Bene's advice. Also the thought, just to see, check your car. Maybe someone is telling you something about it, that might be life altering.

I found a tip about putting a bowl of water abd rock salt in the room

Just curious, what would that do?

*It's probably obvious to me, but it's very early in the morning, and I wake slowly*

I absolutely believe you and had similar experiences last year that I posted about here.

The first event I was sleeping not dreaming when I suddenly heard a distinct whistling/flute hybrid sound. It sounded like an instrument to me. This was the first time I ever woke up to a "fake" noise. It was really weird but I didn't think much of it.

A few months later same situation, out of the blue Im sleeping not dreaming and I hear "wake up" in a soft womans voice. she sounded younger probably around 20-35, I woke up and nothing out of the ordinary happened that day.

That was the first time I ever woke up to a voice.

I found my old thread if you want to take a look. I posted all the weird sleeping events I've had in the past couple years.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=242181&hl=

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257778&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Even though the alarm clock changing time and the vibrating walls event don't make any sense I posted about them anyways.

I was hesitant to even post about the vibrating walls episode because people might start to think in making this up because how many weird events can happen to 1 person right?

Edited by NocturnalWatcher

This sounds kind of like what I experienced upon waking up several times only it wasn't a voice, it was noise. I have the link to there so you can check it out, there were some good suggestions.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265120&st=0&p=5138066entry5138066

A few suggestions:

1) It was 8:30 a.m. - a good percentage of the world is up and active at that point in the morning. Perhaps you just heard someone outside.

2) You said you have speakers. Could they have picked up an errant signal from somewhere?

3) You were simply dreaming - your experience isn't really that unusual.

• Like 1

Do you have any history of worries about your car, i.e accidents, financial woes beyond the norm, subconscious fixation with car crashes etc, it is just intriguing the context was so specific, surely indicates a projection from the sleep state of mind or a literal transmission from some other being somehow like a fragment of conversation.

I also need to mention, I have audio speakers aorrounding my room which isn't very big either..

In that case it's possible one of them picked up something from a radio show in a freak occurrence.

I will definitely check out the threads. I live in a house, the sorrounding houses are not near like a joint house. I initially thought it could of picked up a radio signal, but the voice didn't originate from any of the speaker locations in my room.

My car is fairly stable, their is something that needs fixing that I have been putting a side, it does make sense if this relates to this, but the voice felt so real and even if I hullucinated (better or I hope I did), to it to manifest to a reality state..is quite wow. I can aay that I wasn't dreaming since the time I woke up, I didnt sleep until I established this thread.

I really really really hope this won't occur again or nothing negative will come of it. I am not even sure to investigate this voice any further or ignore it. Opinions?

The situation - today at 8:30ish AM, I was woken up by a voice that repeated a statement twice, somewhat vivid but I think it said "change your car"..

The fact that you were asleep or half asleep probably explains it because our brains are not properly awake then, so I wouldn't worry about it.. :)

PS- meanwhile you could just drive extra careful to put your mind at rest

Edited by Dropship

• 3 weeks later...

You r requesting others to believe you OK, now u focus. Whatever it is , but Mr. Amex , if it is what 80% of the world population believe (in some way) it is and in this case you believing too then it is I think most important matter for you in present. Give me some thoughtful answers then I think I can give you some short but effective suggestion. Q1 : what is your age ? Q2 : you have stated that you are a man of science but actually you r not confirm bout that . So in past was there any kind of belief or faith kind of thing you had bout paranormal or beyond the reach of science? NOW the most IMPORTANT Q3 You believe in karma . If anything happens to your life which you cannot define by karma and ask why it happened , whom will you ask spiritual world or science

• 2 weeks later...

I hear voices sometimes JUST as I'm dozing off. More often than not it's my name. Other times it's been single words like "no". I think it's just your mind hovering in between sleep and awake perhaps??

So what did you do after you posted this? Did you change your car? I think it was a warning