Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Philadephia Beating.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

A few weeks back, we had a case out of Chicago, where a white man allegedly slapped a black smoker and called her 'Rosa Parks'.

That guy gets charged with a hate crime.

Now we have this:

http://www.foxnews.c...ia-park-ranger/

http://www.cnn.com/v...date&intl=false

Black teen allegedly beats the snot out of this black Park Ranger, his buddies tape it, vile racial slurs used, but no Hate Crime charge?

Surely, that's just an error, right?

#2    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

No error. Learn your place buddy. ;)

#3    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Barbaric animals...

#4    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

this is modern youth, future of america.  god help america.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,200 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postsupervike, on 20 August 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

A few weeks back, we had a case out of Chicago, where a white man allegedly slapped a black smoker and called her 'Rosa Parks'.

That guy gets charged with a hate crime.

Now we have this:

http://www.foxnews.c...ia-park-ranger/

http://www.cnn.com/v...date&intl=false

Black teen allegedly beats the snot out of this black Park Ranger, his buddies tape it, vile racial slurs used, but no Hate Crime charge?

Surely, that's just an error, right?
Remember, only whitey can he racist.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#6    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

How can 2 people of the same race use racial slurs? They aren't so much as slurs anymore at that point than insults.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,233 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:17 AM

But Not a hate crime?
Poor dude gets beaten but he isn't "hated" and so his assaulter gets punished less.  The criminal justice system says at least the violence wasn't racist.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Kill Whitey!!!

Mike

#9    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• Closed
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

That's a federal crime so I'm sure the Park Ranger has the last laugh.  A lengthy prison term with no parole.

#10    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

View Postandy4, on 20 August 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

How can 2 people of the same race use racial slurs? They aren't so much as slurs anymore at that point than insults.

I think you are seeing the ridiculousness of the Hate Crime legislation.

Sometimes, in a fight, name calling is just that...Insults.  A verbal punch.  REGARDLESS of the color of the person uttering it.

#11    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

The shattering of America....

Animals are going to be animals and if we don't corral them, then it is our fault.

Look man....I am not a racist....but I feel I am becoming one.  I see lots and lots of hate and unfair restrictions against 'the white man" but I don't see it being equally applied to all...that is racisim.

Sickens me.  Everyone talks about race equality...sex equality and then they want to step on someone else to get there...here is a hint...stepping on the head of someone else to gain your goals is not equality...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#12    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 21 August 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

The shattering of America....

Animals are going to be animals and if we don't corral them, then it is our fault.

Look man....I am not a racist....but I feel I am becoming one.  I see lots and lots of hate and unfair restrictions against 'the white man" but I don't see it being equally applied to all...that is racisim.

Sickens me.  Everyone talks about race equality...sex equality and then they want to step on someone else to get there...here is a hint...stepping on the head of someone else to gain your goals is not equality...

I can not agree with this more.  Well said.

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

The left talk about race equality until something happens they don't like. Out comes the race card and the divisive tactics and comments. Those who voted by color and heart thought it would get better when we elected a black president. It's only gotten worse, it's all intentional and it's all by design.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#14    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

Equality is not what is wanted. Oh sure maybe at the beginning. Maybe in the 50's equality was a real goal of the minority population, and I can't blame them one bit. Everyone should have the same rights across the board, but equality has nothing to do with a lot of the minority populations today. They are simply repeating what they have heard. It is not just the black population, soon it will be the mexicans, and already the gay/lesbian population. They scream equality, but as was said before, to gain this so called equality for them means to bring down others. To infringe on others rights, and to diminish those. Equality is a word, plain and simple, and does not even come close to describing what is going on in this country. Equality is not attainable, because you give an inch and a mile is taken. After that mile, well, another is wanted. I just know what I see. I know it is not that way everywhere, and I know a lot of minorities, and I use that term loosely, are just as confused as I am.

Mike

#15    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,214 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

With equality also comes responsiblity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users