Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Neanderthals co-existed with us for millennia

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Humans and Neanderthals are now believed to have lived alongside one another for as long as 5,000 years.

A new study involving the most comprehensive ever dating of Neanderthal tools and bones has revealed that, far from disappearing upon the arrival of modern humans, Neanderthals lived alongside our ancestors for thousands of years.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...s-for-millennia

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

victims of racism, in all probability. just to show how much we have advanced spiritually. and we're wondering why ETs don't come down and say hi.

#3    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Long Toothed Among Silver Tongues

• 2,586 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

It always saddens me to learn that our species can not pull together to rapidly annihilate some of our near relatives in the evolutionary Game of Thrones.

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,360 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

I thought this was a common assumption, since bones of both species have been found in the same layers in Europe.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Neanderthals just turned into modern humans through interbreeding, I know this because when I looked at my late grandfather, I could see he looked very much like Neanderthal. Or you can also look at Ron Perlman- he is definitely a Neanderthal.

Posted Image

#6    Atuke

Atuke

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

• N 41' 26' 24.74"
    W 123' 42' 05.34"

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

We should bring them back. Europeans basically exterminated them like the Native Americans so now we have the capabilities to bring these humans back and live peacefully on the planet. In fact it's our obligation to do so.

#7    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Psychic Spy

• 1,127 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

View PostAshyne, on 21 August 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

Neanderthals just turned into modern humans through interbreeding, I know this because when I looked at my late grandfather, I could see he looked very much like Neanderthal. Or you can also look at Ron Perlman- he is definitely a Neanderthal.

On average everybody except Africans has 2% - 4% neanderthal dna in them. I've got quite a few gingers where I live in England so I think it might be 20% here lmao.

Edited by RabidMongoose, 21 August 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,142 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 21 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

I thought this was a common assumption, since bones of both species have been found in the same layers in Europe.

I thought that was the case too, how did we manage to out compete with them or interbreed if we did not live alongside them?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#9    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,525 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

This is my take the Neanderthals men were known by bones surrounding the caves to have left their women and children out of the caves to freeze .The homo sapien was a little smarter in order for their species to survive took care of their women and their off springs :)

#10    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,142 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

View PostAshyne, on 21 August 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

Just look at Danny Trejo!!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#11    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 4,000 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 August 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

Just look at Danny Trejo!!
Love that guy; all round nice dude, and awesome character actor.

https://youtu.be/GdT...nJxWiv6xeA4eaAJ   Word Jazz Ken Nordine

#12    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• 1,813 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 22 August 2014 - 12:59 AM, said:

This is my take the Neanderthals men were known by bones surrounding the caves to have left their women and children out of the caves to freeze .The homo sapien was a little smarter in order for their species to survive took care of their women and their off springs :)

I think thats a crock ;)

#13    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,726 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

This is Russian boxingman called "Nikolai Valuev". It is said that he is one of the greatest specimens of Neanderthal genes.

Posted Image

Edited by Ashyne, 22 August 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

#14    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 3,027 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostAshyne, on 22 August 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

This is Russian boxingman called "Nikolai Valuev". It is said that he is one of the greatest specimens of Neanderthal genes.

Posted Image

Shaving foam and a sharp axe??...what a sissy.
I use tabasco and a dull ice-skate.

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#15    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,797 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Humans and Neanderthals co-existed?

Posted Image

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users