Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When the Dead Come a Knocking...

Donnie  Darko

As some of you may or may not know, I have suffered on and off with some serious bouts of "sleep paralysis," over the past couple of years. I am someone who does believe in the supernatural and unexplained, but I think I'm pretty level headed in the sense that I don't believe every story I read or hear about.

Anyhow, so I think it was about 2 years ago in 2012 when I first encountered what looked to me like a burned victim with black eyes and teeth sharp as knives. Prior to that I had been feeling a pressure on my lower back when in bed, as if someone had climbed on top of me and attacked. The very first time it happened to me, I assumed it was one of my roommates playing a prank. I woke up angry because they had been smothering my face in the pillow and so I went around the house to see who was hiding or whatnot. To my surprise, the house was empty except for a girl who was on the phone with her boyfriend. She popped her head out of her room and asked me if I was alright. She looked puzzled, but not nearly as much as I did when I realized the implications. So fast forward to a day in which I had woken up around 7am and then decided that I still had a few more hours to rest before I had to get ready for work. I went to the restroom real quick and then after washing my hands I spilled myself onto the bed and rolled over facing upwards to the ceiling. The restroom and the room are connected right to each other by a door so I left the door slightly open where I could see some of the mirror. I began to fade into sleep but was stopped by the flatscreen TV on the dresser suddenly moving on its own. It wasn't moving continuously, but rather a quick shake as if something or SOMEONE had bumped it. I looked up and felt my instincts put me on alert. I felt as though I wasn't alone. I couldn't tell you exactly what it feels like except for maybe that some kind of innate alert system took over me as if trying to tell me, "danger!" Even though those animal like instincts were telling me to get up, to do what? I have no idea...I ignored it, let my head fall back and proceeded to pass out into a deep sleep. Looking back, I should have listened to my inner voice.

I woke up maybe an hour and a half later, but I couldn't move. My head and face were facing to the left and as I tried to get myself up, I couldn't. There was a big hand holding my head down, not letting me get up, something was grabbing my body and pressing it down furiously on the bed. In a panic, I tried hard to tilt my head but it was like a worm trying to wiggle itself off a giant hook...I couldn't. And then again, instincts were telling me to pray. A million thoughts might have gone through my mind at that point making it hard to focus on any one prayer, but I remembered enough.." Our father, who art in Heaven..." As I prayed the hand slid off my head fast. And then i turned to the right side of me and that's when I saw it. A giant/or just BIG in stature being with bulging black eyes glared at me, shaking its head while foaming at the mouth with its dozens of teeth. The teeth. They were pointy, they looked like miniature butcher knives wired together. "If he bites me, I'm dead," I thought. And then ...it was over.

I awoke from the paralyzed state and rushed off the bed and out of the house. I'm going to rush through these next parts. Since then, I have become more spiritually aware you could say. I pray more, I am...aware that whether we choose to believe or not, we're not alone. When we die, it isn't lights out and then we cease to exist. This experience among others have led to believe this. Where I'll go I don't know...but this creature/being that I thought I prayed away, I think it's back.

In recent weeks one of my roommates (I'll call him A) has gone off the deep end. He was working in the oil fields, making pretty good money and getting mad wasted on his time off. I suppose it can be hard for someone to control themselves when they're making alot of money compared to before. He went downhill quick, drinking, smoking and then smoking something else called K2. I'm not 100% sure what it is, from what I've heard it's incense, but crushed and smoked or something. I don't know exactly. He started doing that and he goes off on these weird, creepy rants...his eyes bulging from his head, speaking gibberish and foaming at the mouth. Well a few days ago as I fell asleep, I started feeling a similar pressure on my body like paralysis. I remember fighting it off, telling it, "Stop...Stop...you can't...I'm praying...I'm protected...leave me alone!!" It rolled its eyes at me and gave me a glance as if telling me he'd deal with me later. Maybe it's alot to gather from an expression, but given the supernatural circumstances I think it's a safe bet.

The next day which was two days ago. One of the other roommates who lives upstairs (let's call him B ), was telling me that he had a horrific nightmare about a bald shadow person, laying on him from behind, whispering the words, "Yes or No, Yes or No, Yes or No?!" He brushed it off as a bad dream until later that day, he saw roommate A sitting at the bottom of the stairs while on K2, repeating, "yes or no...yes or no..." B told me that scared him and he wondered if the house is haunted.

I haven;t yet told him about my own experience. I don't really want to because I feel as though this would just worsen the situation, making us all scared...

I don't know what to make of all this. I guess the reason I posted this, is because I feel like getting it out....and asking for advice from people of faith. Have you ever encountered these kinds of entities? If so, how do you make them go away? Any advice from spiritual

perspectives would be appreciated greatly. Thanks for hearing me out.

Edited by Donnie Darko

*snip*

The only brush I've had with a darkness of this sort - while not as frightening as what you've described - was bad enough I was losing sleep over it and my wife also was troubled and she is a VERY scientifically minded person. We were renovating our home - we'd recently moved in - and began to sense a darkness, a chill...fear anytime we passed the open door of a bedroom under renovation. It got so bad we kept the door closed. There were no noises or apparitions, nothing like that - just a foreboding of something evil in that space. I finally got angry about being afraid of a room in my own house and decided that since the bible tells me that the blood of Christ was shed to save us from ALL evil - we have but to claim his protection - I would do just that! I got some Olive oil ( symbol of the Holy Spirit) and I prayed in faith over it that God would dispel this darkness. I then took it and dabbed some on my finger and made the sign of a cross on all the windows and doors of the room. I have never since been troubled by that room. Sleep in it from time to time with no trouble at all. Those with faith will say God removed the evil, those without faith will laugh - either way, I was delivered of a nameless fear. And it was by exercising faith. Good luck to you - and God bless you. Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Removed redundant quote
  • Like 2

Wow that has noever happen to me

Never

The only brush I've had with a darkness of this sort - while not as frightening as what you've described - was bad enough I was losing sleep over it and my wife also was troubled and she is a VERY scientifically minded person. We were renovating our home - we'd recently moved in - and began to sense a darkness, a chill...fear anytime we passed the open door of a bedroom under renovation. It got so bad we kept the door closed. There were no noises or apparitions, nothing like that - just a foreboding of something evil in that space. I finally got angry about being afraid of a room in my own house and decided that since the bible tells me that the blood of Christ was shed to save us from ALL evil - we have but to claim his protection - I would do just that! I got some Olive oil ( symbol of the Holy Spirit) and I prayed in faith over it that God would dispel this darkness. I then took it and dabbed some on my finger and made the sign of a cross on all the windows and doors of the room. I have never since been troubled by that room. Sleep in it from time to time with no trouble at all. Those with faith will say God removed the evil, those without faith will laugh - either way, I was delivered of a nameless fear. And it was by exercising faith. Good luck to you - and God bless you.

That is incredible. Thank you for sharing this with me. I know we all have our own battles, but I will keep the Olive Oil method in mind. What you said about claiming His protection...I do it and it DOES WORK. I guess at times I get overwhelmed and or spiritually lazy and then these things come out of the wood work or something. Perhaps this is selfish of me, but I wonder at times, why do they come after me and not after others? I mean, I'm sure they do, maybe just in different ways....I don't really mean that, I just wonder sometimes.

That is very helpful and I appreciate your advice and assurance. God Bless You! :)

The only brush I've had with a darkness of this sort - while not as frightening as what you've described - was bad enough I was losing sleep over it and my wife also was troubled and she is a VERY scientifically minded person. We were renovating our home - we'd recently moved in - and began to sense a darkness, a chill...fear anytime we passed the open door of a bedroom under renovation. It got so bad we kept the door closed. There were no noises or apparitions, nothing like that - just a foreboding of something evil in that space. I finally got angry about being afraid of a room in my own house and decided that since the bible tells me that the blood of Christ was shed to save us from ALL evil - we have but to claim his protection - I would do just that! I got some Olive oil ( symbol of the Holy Spirit) and I prayed in faith over it that God would dispel this darkness. I then took it and dabbed some on my finger and made the sign of a cross on all the windows and doors of the room. I have never since been troubled by that room. Sleep in it from time to time with no trouble at all. Those with faith will say God removed the evil, those without faith will laugh - either way, I was delivered of a nameless fear. And it was by exercising faith. Good luck to you - and God bless you.

I'm not sure if I've posted this in any other thread so if I did, sorry, but my experiences with negative forces began to take full force when I was going through my divorce 15 years ago when I had extremely bad luck. I would walk under trees and branches would fall on or near me, my car got stolen on my birthday, couldn't get a girl to even look at me (again I think had to do with all the negativity that I was projecting), money and keys would disappear all the time and at the height of it all, I ran into a weirdo at a local 7-11 that tried to get me to come to a party at 3 am who I shook hands with at the end introducing himself as Diablo.

I would often be awakened from my sleep feeling hot breath by my ear or hear something whispered into my ear or I would feel someone sit on the edge of the bed and then feel that someone was staring at me. When I looked, of course, no one was there. I think one of the worst occurrances though had to be one time that I woke up and saw a trail of stuff on my carpet. I looked closer and what was weird about it was that they were spaced out like footprints and the stuff was maggots (gross!). I never figured out why they were there and the trail led from my bed to the bathroom. All this went on for like about 2 years then I asked my grandma what to do about it then she gave me a rosary which I put at my bedside and ever since then the nightly interruptions slowly stopped but the bad luck went on until I changed the negativity that I was feeling.

I do believe in positive and negative forces whether they are demons or stuff... I don't know. I know that if you are a negative person, you will attract negative people and forces to you like a moth to a light. Hope it can work for you also...

• Like 1

Welcome, Dauvis.

Donnie Darko,

Whether or not "A is inadvertently poisoning you and B",

it is clear that he is giving both of you cause to feel apprehensive.

Consequently, stress is probably linked to your and his nightmares.

While you might consider changing your living arrangements,

know that what you experienced is common with sleep paralysis, e.g.

What is sleep paralysis, and is it rare?

—Mark Fischetti, Lenox, Mass., editor of Scientific American Earth 3.0

Psychologist Christopher French of Goldsmiths College in London explains:

ATTACKS BY demons, ghostly visitations and alien abductions: some people

are certain they have experienced such paranormal events. In reality, many of

these victims probably had an episode of sleep paralysis [...]

The reason sleep paralysis may explain tales of ghosts and aliens is the

strong sense of a presence, usually harmful, that victims commonly feel

during an attack. They also report unusual kinesthetic sensations, such

as feelings of being dragged out of bed, vibrating, flying or falling. These

episodes can sometimes lead to full-blown out-of-body experiences. Sleep

paralysis may be frightening, but it is never dangerous, and thankfully,

episodes usually last only a few seconds.

http://www.scientifi...leep-paralysis/

Peace be with you.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1