Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

A couple were running out of patience with a neighbourhood squirrel who had been stealing from their bird feeder, so they came up with an ingenious and wildlife friendly solution.

By covering the pole the squirrel used to reach the bird feeder with Vaseline, not only did Robert and Nancy Krampf protect their bird food from the little scoundrel, they also snapped hilarious footage of a squirrel sliding down the pole, and then apparently having an existential crisis.

http://metro.co.uk/2...seline-4842238/

• Like 3

I heard of a Squirrel wiping his Paws is the Dirt after a Greased Pole fail.

• Like 1

On each failed attempt he turns away from the pole and seem to access his "memory-module" with that blank stare - and thinking real hard, like; "-What the hell,...... I did this yesterday, whats wrong now? Do I jump to short, or what?? Is it even the same pole?......think dammit, thiiiiiink........oh God, I'm so hungry"

• Like 2

Cooking oil spray works good too. The birds throw enough food out of the feeder the squirrels don't even try to get up there any more. I used to shoot them with the super soaker out the window. That was fun for about a week but it didn't keep them away for very long.

Size of that garden, could they not put a squirrel plate down for him...somewhere? But I guess he will not starve, pretty good at finding food that lot, will probably start eating her house soon.