Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Long Island Orbs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

This story is about two interesting and perhaps related UFO sighting incidents on Long Island.
The first sighting was at about 10 p.m. in North Babylon, NY located in Suffolk County.

Harvey, a local resident, was walking up his drive way that evening and per chance glanced up and observed three red orbs. He tells us that for more than fifteen minutes he observed these objects several different times.

“They hovered, pulsated, moved slowly up and down and left to right. They eventually faded out at different times.”

Harvey says that this is the third time this year that he’s observed these objects. He says that these objects have been previously observed by him on April 20th and July 4th  this year.

When asked if the orbs could be Chinese lanterns, Harvey simply replied, “I think not.”

She decided to run into the house to grab her camera, when she returned moments later they were gone. She says she walked around the house and scanned the sky looking for them but they were nowhere to be found.

This is why I wouldn't bother trying for a pic. You don't want to take your eyes off of what's up there, you never know what you may miss. It was dark anyway.

http://www.syracusen...ng-island-orbs/

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,254 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Problem today is there is so much up there (man made and meteor showers) that with out videos, its difficult to even discuss what they could have seen.
My husband witnessed some weird lights a couple of weeks back, he saw the lights going in various directions, it turned out he witnessed part of the the perseid meteor shower.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,398 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Ii saw Chinese Lanterns being launched from someone yard once.They followed each other up in the sky.They caught a wind and looked like they warped into space as they swirled in unison and winked out on by one.

I am glad I knew from the start that they were Candles tied to Ballons.

Posted Image
Three lectures...View and share.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for correcting the all caps thread title. It bugs me too.

View Postdavros of skaro, on 22 August 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

Ii saw Chinese Lanterns being launched from someone yard once.They followed each other up in the sky.They caught a wind and looked like they warped into space as they swirled in unison and winked out on by one.

I am glad I knew from the start that they were Candles tied to Ballons.

At the very least, you now have that to draw upon if you see something in the future.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

Around 1953 I lived in West Babylon and, looking up one very clear night, noticed two small teardrop-shaped lights trailing a larger (but not large) teardrop-shaped light in a 'V' formation. I watched them move slowly across the sky and eventually decided it was a tanker refueling a pair of smaller aircraft - I could hear jet engines in the distance. It wasn't until years later, when I was in the Air Force and involved in in-flight refueling that I realized bright lights were not used, and that the engines I'd heard were probably at Republic Aviation, which had its main plant a few miles away.

It was probably something mundane, but to this day I have no idea what I saw.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock, 22 August 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 22 August 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

two small teardrop-shaped lights trailing a larger (but not large) teardrop-shaped light in a 'V' formation.

It was probably something mundane, but to this day I have no idea what I saw.

Is it safe to say you knew what you saw, you just don't know what it was?

#7    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,398 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 22 August 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Thanks for correcting the all caps thread title. It bugs me too.

At the very least, you now have that to draw upon if you see something in the future.

Keep your eyes peeled.There're out there.That's if they let you see them?

Posted Image
Three lectures...View and share.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

#8    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 22 August 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Sixty years later, I'm remembering remembering what I saw when I was maybe eleven, so no guarantees on accuracy. But the lights were sharp if (I think) very small, not moving very rapidly, and the observation went on for a few minutes. But I don't think I'd care to swear to any of the details, even on a short stack of very thin Bibles.

#9    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,064 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

nm

Edited by JesseCuster, 23 August 2014 - 11:26 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#10    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,064 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 22 August 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

"I know what I saw, I just don't know what I saw" ?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users