Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Autistic brains have extra synapses in them.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,108 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

New study. It actually makes complete sense to me. ASD is often described as over stimulation( in some theories). This study kind of matches that line of thinking

"Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) affects about 1 in 68 children born in the United States. In an effort to find out why, a group of researchers led by David Sulzer at Columbia University Medical Center examined the synapses in the brains of children with autism. They discovered that during childhood, children with autism do not undergo regular synaptic pruning, resulting in having an excess."
Read more at http://www.iflscienc...V43sH5x5Quuv.99

Posted Image

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#2    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,460 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

That stands to reason.  people w/ ADD generally have more active synapses also, So, if we go by that line of thinking the same actions that give ADD sufferer's a hard time focusing, could make Autistics feel overstimulated if its located in different parts of the brain, or in different patterns.

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#3    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,691 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

Wow. That actually makes good amount of sense. Will have to read more on it.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users