Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

The Drunken Monkey Rampage!

drunk monkey

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,903 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

"The British Newspaper Archive is a treasure trove of outlandish tales from the Victorian press. Author Jeremy Clay tells the story of a monkey that went on a drunken rampage.
The place was a mess. Shards of broken glass were strewn across the counter and the floor. Bottles were broken. Mirrors were smashed. Chairs were scattered. Tables were upended.
If there was one small consolation for the newly-toothless owner of Reilly's Hotel, as he swept up the debris in the wrecked bar, it was this - the instigator of the brawl had been captured and led away. He was in a cell now. Or a cage. One of the two.
It all began, as these things so often do, with a drink. One drink, which led to another, then more besides. Each one, generously given by a genial customer. Each one eagerly slurped by the monkey chained to the bar.
But after four cocktails the Coney Island jackanapes started to mislay its manners. It demanded yet more booze. When its benefactor refused, it seized a whisky bottle and knocked him senseless to the floor."
Full article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...onitor-28888684

Remind you of anyone?  I know a few.  (lol)

Have a great weekend, pilgrims!

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,122 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

:lol: yeh I read that too!!  Did you see the others? I liked 'the lawyer who shot himself proving his case' :lol:

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Morning_Bird

Morning_Bird

• 3,130 posts

• "What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

LOL! Thanks for posting! Have a great weekend, too! :)

Also tagged with drunk, monkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users