Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we all Extraterrestrials?

mister

You guys ever watch the movie Surrogates?

In the past years robotics has been making big advancements. From what I've read, soon we will be able to feel like we are the robot; by seeing through the eyes of the robot, remote controlling the robot with the movements of our body, being able to physically feel whatever the robot touches, smell and hear the robots environment, etc.

And then it hit me. What if we've already invented such a robot? What if we are using it right now? Could our real bodies be somewhere in Zeta Reticuli, making us all Extraterrestrials?

At first I thought, nah, evolution refutes that. But then I read about evolutionary robotics, and self replicating machines.

Then we would be occasionally stepping out of robots. And robots won't catch cold. We wouldn't like to feel sore throat and running nose. At least not me ;-)

Self replicating machines is a really cool subject but as far as your theory it sounds a bit silly. If we/machines could replicate why wouldn't we make simple hand tools do the same? Take for instance when my uncle broke out his fleshlight at Christmas and grandma busted the whole ordeal up with a baseball bat. My uncle's fleshlight and his extremities never recovered. Wait, that's a bad example.

What was I saying again...

• Like 3

If we are simulations, the programmers may be looking through our eyes.

Thanks for the links, mister.

Self replicating machines is a really cool subject but as far as your theory it sounds a bit silly. If we/machines could replicate why wouldn't we make simple hand tools do the same? Take for instance when my uncle broke out his fleshlight at Christmas and grandma busted the whole ordeal up with a baseball bat. My uncle's fleshlight and his extremities never recovered. Wait, that's a bad example.

What was I saying again...

At first I thought I read this wrong, then I realized that no.... I read it right lol..

I'd much prefer the Matrix simulator type sci-fi than the surrogate type theory.