Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is the Islamic State Beating Al-Qaida?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,727 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Spiegel said:

Within just a few years, the Islamic State has grown to become the most feared jihadist group in the Middle East. In an interview, Brookings Institution fellow Charles Lister describes IS' rise in Iraq and Syria and what can be done to stop it.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,269 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Well the good news is that they are a complex organization with a diverse amount of interests, that in spite of common sense and generalized humanity, is still willing to publicly behead a western hostage because....as is always the case...that is what wins wars. Right?

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,985 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

I'm afraid ISIS is going to be hard to stop.  They have the money to back anything they want to do and lack the morals to stop them from even the unthinkable.

#4    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Alien Abducter

• 4,433 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostAshotep, on 25 August 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

I'm afraid ISIS is going to be hard to stop.  They have the money to back anything they want to do and lack the morals to stop them from even the unthinkable.
I disagree with that.  I think they are following their morals to the letter as expressed in their dogma.  In fact that is where they get their strength.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users