Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Birdís Eye View Mound

mars

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    Zip Monster

Zip Monster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

A Bird/Eye shaped mound has been discovered in a MRO HiRISE CTX image by independent Mars researcher Gary Leggiere in the Acidalia Planitia area of Mars.

Posted Image

Note the stark isolation of the formation.

Here is a link to the CTX image: viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/ctx/B19_016974_2190_XN_39N020W#start

Zip Monster

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'm more interested in the thigh bone and clay pots.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,170 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

Has anyone noticed that there hasn't been any cave entrance discovery's yet. there must be some around somewhere.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

Maybe varying layers of rock are wearing at different rates?

It does look like a stylized eye.

I'm going to put the clubhouse right on the pupal and build the golf course down and to the left in that lowland. The area down and slightly right will be used for weddings and receptions. It will all look quite nice once it gets built in 2035.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    Zip Monster

Zip Monster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Here is a close-up view of the Bird's Eye Mound with an analytical drawing.

Posted Image
On closer inspection the "eye-shaped" formation takes on the form of a left facing bird, seen in profile.

Note the head includes a decorative oblong eye, a parted beak and long flowing crest. The main area of the mound conforms to the shape of the bird's body, which includes a folded wing, while a short set of tail feathers extend off the mound towards the right side. The body also has what appears to be a pair of "legs" attached to the bottom of the formation, but its feet are missing.

Zip Monster

Edited by Zip Monster, 25 August 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#6    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,193 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

It's like the badlands guardian in Alberta.
http://albertalocati...dicine-hat.html
http://hudsonvalleyg...ndian-head.html

#7    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

No its a view to a Kill ! or sumptin like that ! Send in our best to investigate ! :alien:

Attached Thumbnails

• 403405_444159815598935_1267545400_n.jpg

This is a Work in Progress!

#8    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:11 AM

So, why is this interesting?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#9    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

Looks a bit like Sir Branson`s Space Port in New Mexico ! :alien:
LEt -er-Rip Y`alll !

This is a Work in Progress!

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

I'd actually call that a Fanciful Drawing. Most of those lines are pareidolia.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Are we to assume from this that the Martians worshipped a giant eye or bird?

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostZip Monster, on 25 August 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

A Bird/Eye shaped mound has been discovered in a MRO HiRISE CTX image by independent Mars researcher Gary Leggiere in the Acidalia Planitia area of Mars.

Posted Image

Note the stark isolation of the formation.

Here is a link to the CTX image: viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetview/inst/ctx/B19_016974_2190_XN_39N020W#start

Zip Monster

I'm more interested in the clear evidence of the area being hit by a giant space shotgun.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    Zip Monster

Zip Monster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Here is a close-up of the "broken legs" which also looks like a enterance way to the interior of the formation.

Posted Image

Zip Monster

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,579 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Is that you rdunk? Looking for bird man?

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 25 August 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Has anyone noticed that there hasn't been any cave entrance discovery's yet. there must be some around somewhere.

Here you go!

http://www.space.com...bes-photos.html

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users