Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

'Pig Perfume' Stops Dogs From Behaving Badly

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    some new guy

some new guy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Spritzing dogs with a “pig perfume” helps prevent them from barking incessantly, jumping frantically on house guests and from engaging in other unwanted behaviors, according to new research.

The eau de oink, aka “Boar Mate” or “Stop That,” was formulated by Texas Tech scientist John McGlone, who was looking for a way to curb his Cairn terrier Toto’s non-stop barking. One spritz of the pig perfume seemed to do the trick in an instant without harming his dog.

http://news.discover...adly-140825.htm

BEST - Ron

#2    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

Will this work on my girlfriend?

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#3    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 25 August 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Will this work on my girlfriend?

"helps prevent them from barking incessantly, jumping frantically on house guests and from engaging in other unwanted behaviors"....

I think you might both want to see a counselor if your girlfriend behaves like that!!  Or at least get her to see a psychiatrist. :unsure2:

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#4    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,288 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

I have always wanted a magical potion that would destroy thousands of years of selective evolutionary breeding in canines and cruelly defuse their innate and inbreed desire to protect me and my home.

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,779 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

I wonder how many criminals would stop their criminal career if we showered them in Eau de Pig evety time they did something against the law... oh wait... there is supposed to be no cruel and unusual punishment for criminals.... to the contrary of dogs...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,028 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Nothing about this sounds cruel. Having rescued dozens of dogs, from people who are too inconsiderate, lazy or down right ignorant to properly train them, if it works I think it's great. An adequately trained dog is always welcome with the humans and doesn't have to be confined away, therefor not getting the attention they deserve. They don't disrupt the whole neighborhood or visitors, are a pleasure to take on road trips and vacations which, by the way, they love because they get lots of praise and attention from everyone they come in contact with.

How would you feel if everyone was constantly telling you to get away, get down or shut up...not to mention the hostility they are so in tune to. It doesn't take away from rewarding them when they bark at the appropriate times. Heck, even big, scary looking 100 pound dogs can go where a lot of dogs usually aren't allowed if they are well trained. You wouldn't believe the places I've taken mine. :w00t:

Edited by Michelle, 25 August 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#7    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,288 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostMichelle, on 25 August 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

You wouldn't believe the places I've taken mine. :w00t:

Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria.....

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#8    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,028 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

View Postbubblykiss, on 25 August 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria. Please say the Mines of Moria.....

Not if they're claustrophobic! pffft...

#9    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 25 August 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

I wonder how many criminals would stop their criminal career if we showered them in Eau de Pig evety time they did something against the law... oh wait... there is supposed to be no cruel and unusual punishment for criminals.... to the contrary of dogs...

I think if I were criminal I might carry this stuff, if its as good as they claim.  Sprtiz the family dog , then go about your business.

Altho if I were a criminal I'd probably prefer not to deal w/ a family w/ a dog who could cause a problem....still tho

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#10    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,262 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostScheming B, on 25 August 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Altho if I were a criminal I'd probably prefer not to deal w/ a family w/ a dog who could cause a problem....still tho

And this is why I keep dogs and have a Ruger 10/22.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#11    FizzPuff

FizzPuff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

I know a few dogs who could use that stuff. They bark at nothing. Or they do bark at something and we don't care cause it's annoying.How much is it?!

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,336 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

Shame they can not find something to spray on the owners who can not be bothered to train their dogs properly.
I suppose used only when absolutely necessary, in ref to Michelle`s point, it could be good, but hope this will not be the new way to keep the dogs under control all the time by some owners as opposed to taking them out for a walk and giving them proper training.

Edited by freetoroam, 26 August 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#13    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,165 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

I have a friend with an un-neutered dog that is overly willful, barks too much, and if he likes you want's to hump you.  It's a 95 lb pit bull and is a very intimidating dog.  He's less of a dog and more like a force of nature.  He could really use this but my friend babies him so much I just know he's going to get offended when I send him this article.

#14    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,099 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

When they develop a pheromone-based cologne that makes girls irresistable to me, I will be impressed, and first in line...

:w00t:

#15    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

I wonder what would happen if you sprayed this stuff on a Muslim.

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users