Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vlad the impalers tomb believed found

Simbi Laveau

Not only that, they plan to exhume him.

If this has already been posted, I didn't find it in a search.

Xxoo

~~~~~~~~~~~

You read that headline right. Researchers believe they have found the grave of Vlad Tepes III, better known as Vlad the Impaler, aka the guy who was probably a real vampire if there ever was one. And, of course, they plan on popping that baby open.

No one would even write this as a horror movie because it's too predictable. Let's see, you discover the grave of a man considered by many to be a true vampire, and what do you decide to do?

Bury it in cement? Light it on fire? Encase it in carbonite?

Oh no, they want to open it up, which will undoubtedly release some kind of vampiric apocalypse on the Earth.

Read more: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/76893/draculas-grave-has-been-found-and-researchers-plan-open-it-bad-plan

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Taun

• Simbi Laveau

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vlad was considered many things (mostly bad)... but to the best of my recollection he was never considered a vampire until Bram Stoker wrote "Dracula"...

Stoker wrote the book in 1897... Vlad died in 1476 (or 1477 according to some)...

Exhuming his remains should pose no supernatural problems...

I just read an interesting item in a wiki article on Vlad (yes, I know - it's wiki...)

Genealogy

In October 2011, Prince Charles publicly claimed that he is a descendant of Vlad the Impaler. The claim accompanied his announcement of a pledge to help conserve the forested areas of Transylvania. Radu Florescu documented on page 193 of his book, Dracula: Prince of Many Faces that the Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand I granted Ladislas Dracula and his brother John recognition as Dracula's direct descendants. Based on their documentation, the Emperor granted them letters patent (a patent of nobility) on January 20, 1535, in which their descent is described and also specific mention is made in the patent of "the ancient insignia of Ladislas's family" as being the same as that of the Báthory family—a gules (red) sword covering three wolf teeth.

So is the British Royal Family descended from Vlad III?...

Edited by Taun