Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

3D printing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,377 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

http://3dprintingindustry.com/

This is the first steps to the star trek replicators.  Although they could replicate a fully functioning gun and at the moment we can only do the parts.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

That 5 string bass is beautiful....but I still don't see a cup of Earle Grey printed yet.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#3    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

The actual benefit from this technology is medical, we hope to print body replacement parts one day.

LINK - 3D printed organs come a step closer

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Their trying to teach/program one to do a fifty course dinner.  They already have them make spaghetti.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#5    RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 27 August 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

The actual benefit from this technology is medical, we hope to print body replacement parts one day.

LINK - 3D printed organs come a step closer

Imagine a computer chip which prints its own circuits. No more need for upgrades as the chip can patch itself. Infact computer programs could print the exact chips they want to allow them to perform at their most efficient.

WIth no employees involved a car production no longer needs to be outsourced to China. The car can be printed here. Military equipment like tanks and aircraft could print repair themselves.

The end to the worlds food crises could come if we simply go on the internet, select the food we want, print and voila! Its tea time.

#6    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,377 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Sounds easy.  But the medium has to come from somewhere.  With current tech you could print the parts of a car but someone still has to put it together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users