Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rocket powered Submarine

china submarine rocket

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,927 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:19 AM

http://www.theregist...onic_submarine/

China reportedly wants to enter the world of supersonic transport – underwater.

Rather than working up its own successor-to-Concorde project, the South China Morning Post says scientists at Harbin Institute of Technology's Complex Flow and Heat Transfer Lab are working on developing a technique called supercavitation, first pursued by the Soviet military during the Cold War.

I can see a couple problems with this idea. One being large animals in the water. Sharks, dolphins, orca, whales... If a rocket assisted underwater vehicle hit a large animal, it is over....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,581 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 27 August 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

http://www.theregist...onic_submarine/

I can see a couple problems with this idea. One being large animals in the water. Sharks, dolphins, orca, whales... If a rocket assisted underwater vehicle hit a large animal, it is over....
True - and the name of the survival game in subs is stealth.  No boat could move faster than the offensive weaponry used to attack it.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

Also tagged with china, submarine, rocket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users