Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should I write an Essay on Racism really is?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

I plan on writing an long essay, basically an speech about how racism has evolved over the years, how the world has warped the view of racism and how they are going against the wishes of Martin Luther King who had an dream that all men should be equal. This essay or speech is something I will post in the newspapers and I will try to gain national attention in attempt to set the record straight. Racism can happen to any race regardless if they are African American, Native American, Caucasian, Asian, Native Hawaiian, Arab, or Latino decent. There are many degrading terms for each and every race, some of the most known terms are related to black minorities because it is the most reported and most in-depth taught in schools across America. We can never escape racism unless everyone understand that racism is an unfair judgement upon another person based upon their skin color.

Media's don't help when they are biased in their reporting and police are biased in classification of hate crimes. Group of black individuals assault an single unarmed white individual, leaving him or her nearly dead all due to the skin of their color is racism. Same goes for white group of individuals who attack an single unarmed black individual and beats him or her to nearly dead due to the skin of their color. The difference between these two, the group of black individuals are not charged with hate crime while the white individuals are charge with hate crime, now is this fair or is it biased? No it isn't. Sames goes with the mainstream media, they report daily on the news of an black individual gunned down by an white cop due to color of skin, but if an black cop does the same it isn't even reported in the mainstream media. It is time for this to change. Martin Luther king wanted everyone to be equal, not to have one group consistent play victim undermining his effort for equality.

The Civil Leaders of today are an disgrace of Martin Luther King's dream and vision. I am willing to go on live T.V. in front of millions of views to get my words out, to change the current status quote where everyone is equal in justice and racism is truly understood compared to today's generation believing that all whites are keeping the other minorities down. This assumption and attitude is taught by parents as well as liberal medias today, which leads to tensions between races and ignites race wars. I have a few individuals that I will lay into, letting them understand they are not solving the issue but throwing gasoline onto fire in hopes of putting out the fire. I hope I can put this message out on live T.V. in hopes to get many to understand, this isn't helping or even getting rid of racism, but is making it worse when whites start to resent being labeled racist for multiple reasons that doesn't have nothing to due with racism.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,753 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

I'm sure your intent is noble.  I wouldn't do such a thing simply because these days there is no real upside to it, unfortunately.  I think the best approach is just to live your convictions and answer when asked what those are.  Unfortunately in these days when one stands up in public over such an issue they usually just get vilified - maybe even prosecuted, if you aren't careful.  The hate is STRONG out there man.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Go for it.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#4    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,597 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

View Postand then, on 27 August 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

I'm sure your intent is noble.  I wouldn't do such a thing simply because these days there is no real upside to it, unfortunately.  I think the best approach is just to live your convictions and answer when asked what those are.  Unfortunately in these days when one stands up in public over such an issue they usually just get vilified - maybe even prosecuted, if you aren't careful.  The hate is STRONG out there man.

Something must be done... racism is being flipped somehow, where all white individuals are considered the aggressors regardless if the situation. Even if there is racist crime, all whites end up paying for the actions of an single individual or group of individuals who are truly racist. I can't even walk down the street hardly anymore without being sneered at by other races and told I am the root cause of all their problems. Something must change. People need to understand what racism truly is, labeling shouldn't be used for all sorts of reasons that are not associated with real acts of racism. Other races should understand this is individuals committing this act, not all white individuals who live in the united states. Enough is enough...

Edited by Uncle Sam, 27 August 2014 - 11:35 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#5    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,648 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'd be interested in reading your essay.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#6    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,208 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

I'm afraid that if you are a white male, no one will care.

#7    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

View Postsupervike, on 27 August 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm afraid that if you are a white male, no one will care.

Oh yeah, they will care. They will care enough to call him a racist for even questioning the standard definition of the term in society today. Believe me, I'm as sick of it as any individual on the planet, especially living in the deep south.

Mike

#8    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,208 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 27 August 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

Oh yeah, they will care. They will care enough to call him a racist for even questioning the standard definition of the term in society today. Believe me, I'm as sick of it as any individual on the planet, especially living in the deep south.

Mike

Well, that's what I mean.  It will immediatly be dismissed as a racial diatribe.  No one will take it seriously.

#9    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 3,194 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 27 August 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Something must be done... racism is being flipped somehow, where all white individuals are considered the aggressors regardless if the situation. Even if there is racist crime, all whites end up paying for the actions of an single individual or group of individuals who are truly racist. I can't even walk down the street hardly anymore without being sneered at by other races and told I am the root cause of all their problems. Something must change. People need to understand what racism truly is, labeling shouldn't be used for all sorts of reasons that are not associated with real acts of racism. Other races should understand this is individuals committing this act, not all white individuals who live in the united states. Enough is enough...

I agree with you Uncle. There is racism towards the white man. But this is new to us. We are forgeting the racism from us towards all others. Blacks Jews Hindus Muslims Indians Natives u name it. Especialy towards the Blacks.
They had to live all their life with discrimination and racism. Not a good feeling. Now we know how it is when someone because of a few, starts trashing a whole skincolor nationalty or religion.

#10    andy4

andy4

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

Racism is defined by the individual and their personal experiences, as well as upbringing and family views. Then it is next defined by groups of people and finally, by society, regardless of individual views. Not saying one voice or a few speaking the truth don't matter, but it all depends on how society views it.

The media is also a massive influence. Without the mass media, the shooting of that young man in Missouri and the like have some crying racism and those views reach millions of people and can shape their views as well.

Love your brother as yourself, because you know what? He IS yourself, literally.- Bill Hicks

Dream argument

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I don't think it would do any good. Racists will always find a way to use skin color as a tool.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#12    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,001 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

View Postodas, on 27 August 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

But this is new to us.

It's not new to the Irish. We weren't even considered as valuable as black slaves in the 19th century.
We were given the most dangerous jobs because it didn't matter if we lived or died. The difference is we don't dwell on it, teach our children to harbor ill feelings or use it as an excuse not to succeed.

Edited by Michelle, 27 August 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#13    CuriousRey

CuriousRey

Jedi Master

• 1,099 posts

• "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostMichelle, on 27 August 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

It's not new to the Irish. We weren't even considered as valuable as black slaves in the 19th century.
We were given the most dangerous jobs because it didn't matter if we lived or died. The difference is we don't dwell on it, teach our children to harbor ill feelings or use it as an excuse not to succeed.

Very well said, I myself would be what most people would call "white" however I am actually hispanic. I've been called various racial slurs based on my ethnicity even though I don't look hispanic, I've also
been called a "cracker" or other deragatory terms directed towards caucasians. I really don't even feel like race plays that much of a factor anymore, the ignorant masses will find something other than
skin color to hate each other. I wish people would start basing their feelings towards others on their actions rather than stereotypes.

#14    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,128 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

The thing is most people already feel exactly as you do, and those that don't won't listen to it.  I'm in agreement with 'and then', don't preach it, live it.  I am very impressed with the passion you feel for this subject.  You are not alone.

edit to add:  

My very first brush with racism was when I was 7 or 8 years old, so around 1971 or 72.  Where I grew up there was maybe 2 or 3 black students in any given rich white school I attended.  Since black people weren't around much racism was not as big a factor in our culture as it seems to be in other more integrated places, and certainly was not an element in the house I was raised in.  It was at my first day of a summer day camp and and lo and behold there is a fat little black kid.   I was fascinated and went over to say hi.  The kids response was "Don't talk to me you white honky!"  Out of my depth never encountering such immediate hostility I was temporarily taken aback but managed to call him a black honky in retaliation.  Fortunately I had my first kiss a couple of months after that with a cute little classmate named Michelle who was black and spent time playing at her house, freeing me of my fear of black people.  I guess my point is that the little black kid was the only black kid in the whole camp so he was probably lashing out in fear himself being surrounded by a bunch of white kids.  As I remember he got left alone too.  Too bad.

Edited by OverSword, 28 August 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,777 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

(White) Racism is NOT treating any minority group at 150% what you would treat your white neighbor.

Edited by DieChecker, 29 August 2014 - 06:59 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users