Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What do you fear the most in life?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

• The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe the truth is the truth What then is the source of absolute truth?

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Many people would say that death is the ultimate fear, but giving some thought about the matter leads me to think differently.

What do you think is your ultimate fear, the very worst thing that could happen to you, somewhere in the future?

I will bounce off the topic with that thought, because I do not want to direct the thread in any specific way and would like to leave the topic open ended because coming in with my thought.

My quote, "The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe even in total ignorance the truth is the truth!  What is absolute Truth?  What is the source of absolute truth  What is the source of life
Let the unknown become known.
We must know what we do not know (And admit it)
Regards Alan

#2    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

being the only human on Earth or the living thing

#3    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Fudge

• 6,687 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Being alone the rest of my life

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish... Soldiers don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder... Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.  You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,172 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Thinking about an ultimate fear is a negative way to use your brain. Most of what everyone fears never happens anyway.

But having said that, I'd feel absolutely terrified if I was swimming in the sea and saw a big fin rise up in front of me... ever since I saw JAWS Ive never been comfy in the sea...

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,288 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

That the world's strategic supply of delicious chihuahuas will dry up

or

That a ravenous swarm of Chihuahuas will consume me on my way to my car in a ink black parking lot

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#6    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

• The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe the truth is the truth What then is the source of absolute truth?

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 August 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Thinking about an ultimate fear is a negative way to use your brain. Most of what everyone fears never happens anyway.

But having said that, I'd feel absolutely terrified if I was swimming in the sea and saw a big fin rise up in front of me... ever since I saw JAWS Ive never been comfy in the sea...

OH!! Come on you can do better than that, if someone held a gun to your head would you still stick to your above statements.?

View Postbubblykiss, on 27 August 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

That the world's strategic supply of delicious chihuahuas will dry up

or

That a ravenous swarm of Chihuahuas will consume me on my way to my car in a ink black parking lot

I did not start this thread to read silly nonsense!

My quote, "The truth is the truth remains the truth no matter what we believe or do not believe even in total ignorance the truth is the truth!  What is absolute Truth?  What is the source of absolute truth  What is the source of life
Regards Alan

#7    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Getting old and ending up in a nursing home.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing, 27 August 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#8    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 27 August 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Being alone the rest of my life

That could be one thing to fear, but it is highly unlikely to happen to you or anyone else for that matter.

Regards Alan

#9    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostSheWomanCatTypeThing, on 27 August 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Getting old.

No that is something you should never fear, I am old at 70+ but these are the best years of my life.

Regards Alan

#10    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostYes_Man, on 27 August 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

being the only human on Earth or the living thing

How can you fear something that will never happen to you?

Regards Alan

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostSheWomanCatTypeThing, on 27 August 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Getting old and ending up in a nursing home.
I was listening to an old Phil Collins tune last night from the 80's about that very situation - "Home by the Sea"  sad...
My worst fear would be returning to a place I visited once - a place where I had absolutely no hope in life.  It's the most devastating thing a human can experience IMO.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,172 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostAlan McDougall, on 27 August 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

OH!! Come on you can do better than that, if someone held a gun to your head would you still stick to your above statements.?

Already happened to me, plus Ive been stabbed 3 times..once was in the neck.. and shot at with a flare gun! Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, Ive been around violence many times. Im also an ex boxer, not pro, so people dont really scare me so much.  I think if someone was gonna kill me a shot in the head would be the least painful option, and the quickest!

But thinking about it again, yeh, Id hate to be out to sea, alone, no land in sight, and seeing that fin. That would make me crap my pants, never knowing when it was coming to tear a leg off....blood....more sharks, a feeding frenzy with me being ripped to shreds...while alive.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#13    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Fudge

• 6,687 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostAlan McDougall, on 27 August 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

That could be one thing to fear, but it is highly unlikely to happen to you or anyone else for that matter.

Oh? I dont think its as unlikely as you think and quite honestly im living it now. Oh well though i hope it doesnt happen but id rather not dwell on it

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish... Soldiers don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder... Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.  You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

#14    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

One thing I fear is that after I die I find out hell is real and that I am stuck there forever, in cold dark desolation far from the great God of light and life.

Regards Alan

#15    Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 August 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

Already happened to me, plus Ive been stabbed 3 times..once was in the neck.. and shot at with a flare gun! Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, Ive been around violence many times. Im also an ex boxer, not pro, so people dont really scare me so much.  I think if someone was gonna kill me a shot in the head would be the least painful option, and the quickest!

But thinking about it again, yeh, Id hate to be out to sea, alone, no land in sight, and seeing that fin. That would make me crap my pants, never knowing when it was coming to tear a leg off....blood....more sharks, a feeding frenzy with me being ripped to shreds...while alive.

I have been stabbed by a knife welding lunatic . I remember looking into his mad eyes and frothing mouth. The pain was indescribable, seemingly going on for hours just like liquid fire cutting through my body. Yet the whole thing happened in less than 20 second or so.

Yet this event was unexpected and not something I feared. There are other thing much worse that that to fear.

Regards Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users