Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

When we die do we become stars?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,265 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I have been thinking about this, i know it sounds silly but suppose when we die. Do we become stars? or any other object in the universe?
Also in a few films they mention ancestors in the heavens or stars dancing, or something like in the Lion King.

#2    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

My hope is to become a cruel god worshiped by the mouth breathing descendents of the current humanity or at the least some sort of mythical hero that fights ogre-like beasts across a cosmic sea of splashing lava and charred dreams while butterfly winged kittens serenade me with kinky post-neo-classical jazz renditions of *I Like Big Butts*, which as we all know will become the national anthem of one of the successor states the arise after the fall of 'merica.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#3    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

I'm going to guess.... um.... no...

And as to the movies depicting 'ancestors dancing in the heavens'... My great nephew watches movies about a living talking toaster....  I wouldn't put a lot of
trust in Hollywood (or who ever) getting it right about this...

#4    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

When I was little my mom used to say that stars are the souls of the dead, but now I think it's more of comforting yourself rather than actual dead people.
It could be that after we die, all our elements that's made us up as humans could go towards creating a star, after all we were created by the elements that came from exploded stars.. But, I don't know how that works.
There were myths of gods and goddesses, (maybe Artemis?) turning heroes or people into constellations after their death. I read about it somewhere a long time ago, so I can't really remember much on that :P

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,800 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Are we talking deep time, science kind of thing or in a spiritual sense in human time?   IMO, We return to the Earth to become reborn into something else, as time moves on into deep time and the sun and earth are no more and all is scattered to the cosmos eventually all cycles back to where is started. So in a round about way we could be part of a newly formed star or planet.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• 1,130 posts

• You program reality. Now Do It.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

I will live on, because my coding exist within my children. If they become parents and their children become parents. At some point in time someone will look just like me. Will it be me? I do not know. As for become a part of the cosmos, we already are. Perhaps in someway, when the earth is dead and our sun dies. We'll all drift through space perhaps become part of the material needed to create a star. Who know?

My gummy bear died. My unicorn ran away. My imaginary friend was kidnapped. The voices in my head won't talk to me. Oh No! I'm going sane.

What you thought about yesterday created today, what you think about today will create tomorrow, be careful what you think.

#7    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,194 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

The Lion King.. lol

I suppose you become something, a dead body.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

In billions of years maybe. We are made of star stuff, our remains will be returned to the earth. become part of it, in 5 billion years the sun will destroy earth, and perhaps the molecules that make up "you" might find their way back into space as cosmic dust to eventually become part of a proto disk that eventually forms a star.

Or perhaps not.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#9    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

Great observation. Only illuminated souls will become cosmic bodies. Believe it or not but the suns are actually reflected light that comes from a life inhabiting planet. The TRUE sun is actually in our bodies (Bindu Seed) and inside the Earth. An excellent book on this subject is The Tutankhamen Prophecies by Maurice Cotterell.

Edited by Spore, 28 August 2014 - 02:27 AM.

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

Holy crap.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#11    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,992 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

Hmm. I wonder.

*I'm sure there's a song here somewhere though.

Edited by Kazahel, 28 August 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,194 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:54 AM

View PostSpore, on 28 August 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Great observation. Only illuminated souls will become cosmic bodies. Believe it or not but the suns are actually reflected light that comes from a life inhabiting planet. The TRUE sun is actually in our bodies (Bindu Seed) and inside the Earth. An excellent book on this subject is The Tutankhamen Prophecies by Maurice Cotterell.
Interesting that this light only comes from the sun's direction.

#13    StRoostifer

StRoostifer

Stoned Immaculate

• 2,459 posts

• " If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:18 AM

I'm not going to throw an ego centric opinion out there but I don't see why not. Last  I knew it wasn't proven one way or another so it's very possible.

Posted Image

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostKazahel, on 28 August 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

Hmm. I wonder.

*I'm sure there's a song here somewhere though.

Wonder I do...............

https://www.youtube....h?v=t6bjqdll7DI

#15    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

It says here:

34And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. 37Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 38For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. 39Then certain of the scribes answering said, Master, thou hast well said. 40And after that they durst not ask him any question at all.

I wondered if this meant that we can not marry in this life if we to make it in that state in the next.  I put the parable together from the 3 gospels it is in, since it is in 3 gospels, but worded a little differently.  I compared them, and an angel phsycially put a light on in my head and I understood it from an extra dimension and saw that we could.  Then the angel turned the light off and I could no longer comprehend it.  I found it interesting that by putting a light in my head it gave me so much understanding in my mind, but without that light the understanding is not there because the idea cannot be seen, nor the understanding.  I was able to grasp the basic idea that it was ok to marry and take it with me, but I cannot see the math or comprehend how I came to that conclusion anymore since the light is not there to see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users