Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Why do people insist everything is faked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
229 replies to this topic

#1    ali smack

ali smack

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

how come a lot of people think that every time a national or international disaster happens, that it's faked.
I think it's a bit silly myself.

#2    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,285 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Lies fill the voids in their lives?

Or they could be cynical.

You got some specifics for us to argue about?

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#3    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,653 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

Almost everything today is easier to fake, like UFO pics, or BF pics.

It's just a thang

There are no such things as Lenticular clouds, only UFO's in disguise

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#4    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Most of people today are fake and make one think that their 'work' is fake too. At least that's how i see it.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#5    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Illuminati member

• 3,471 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

I think that Sir Smoke aLot brings up a valid point.
Everytime something major happens in the World, people are quick to find a way to spin it as a staged event, even before any real information is available.
Why is it that some people automatically switches into conspiracy mode ?

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

#6    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostNoteverythingisaconspiracy, on 28 August 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

I think that Sir Smoke aLot brings up a valid point.
Everytime something major happens in the World, people are quick to find a way to spin it as a staged event, even before any real information is available.

It gives them power? If something major happened just as it's portrayed, people don't feel in control. If that major event is portrayed as a secret conspiracy that no one is suppose to know about, those that do know about it will then feel more in control and more powerful as a result.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#7    MordorOrc

MordorOrc

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• Evil Lurks Within...

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostNoteverythingisaconspiracy, on 28 August 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Because the truth is sometimes inconvenient for them. We live in a culture these days that automatically has to assign blame for things and people will put the blame on people and institutions that they do not trust themselves or feel that have an nefarious motive for certain events. It's why 9/11 has so many "truthers" and other things. Some people cannot comprehend that a bunch of organized and determined individuals with an extremist view about what is considered to be an affront to their God exploited lax security measures aboard aircraft and used them as weapons against thousands of innocent people. To me, they cannot comprehend that mass murder can be committed by lone individuals but by those who have (apparent) agendas and reasons for doing so.

You look at the conspiracies that have popped up around MH17 for example. A number of people do not believe that it was an accidental shootdown by some inexperienced soldiers. Russia is busy absolving itself of any blame (perceived or otherwise) because no one wants blood on their hands. Russia has already pretty much turned the world against itself for what happened in Crimea and it doesn't want the deaths of nearly 300 innocent people on their hands. And to do this, they produce "alternate" theories for Russian nationalists and people who believe that "the West" is somehow evil and it's "mass media" are lying to us all.

You must obey the law, always, not only when they grab you by your special place.
Vladimir Putin

#8    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

View Postali smack, on 27 August 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

how come a lot of people think that every time a national or international disaster happens, that it's faked.

I think a better word for some of the things you're talking about is "staged".  The events are real, but not really spontaneous or as described.

MH17 is an example.  The facts do not match the narrative, they contradict the narrative.

#9    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,091 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Definition of False Flag Operation: http://www.wanttoknow.info/falseflag

#10    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 4,039 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 28 August 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

I think a better word for some of the things you're talking about is "staged".  The events are real, but not really spontaneous or as described.

MH17 is an example.  The facts do not match the narrative, they contradict the narrative.
We all know what you believe, Babes, but the question here is why?  You keep claiming that facts back you up, but I can't remember you ever producing a fact here, just your opinions.

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true" - Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
In which case it is fortunate that:
"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#11    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,665 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

Mostly cause the powers that be lie. Constantly. Whatever the situation, it usually ends up with them having more power. Then you look at things like how they intentionally gave black people syphilis, or how they intentionally gave thousands in Europe AIDS tainted blood, with no one getting in any trouble in either case.

Everyone knows how our elected constantly lie. No one has a problem believeing that. Right up till their world view is questioned over it. Then somehow known liars become honest, and those who question become "silly".

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#12    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

View Postflyingswan, on 28 August 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

We all know what you believe, Babes, but the question here is why?  You keep claiming that facts back you up, but I can't remember you ever producing a fact here, just your opinions.

Hi Swanny

If you have not been paying attention to the photos of the wreckage of MH 17, I'm really sorry, but that's a personal problem.  If you are not aware that Ukraine confiscated the ATC tapes quickly, I'm really sorry.

I understand that western media has gone silent on the matter, even after the days of passionate feelings and claims of Russian involvement, and if your only source of information is NBC, CBS or other western media, I really do understand your being in the dark.  You are probably not aware that even the BBC published a story/video early on, and then quickly retracted it, most likely because the story actually revealed facts that did not fit in with the official narrative.

You may enjoy living in the relative dark places created by the mainstream media, but I prefer to read a lot.  You may prefer to reach conclusions before a complete investigation as the mainstream media and US government do, but I prefer the reverse order.  Investigate thoroughly, propose possible scenarios, and then finally reach a conclusion.

Have a good weekend. :tu:

Edited by Babe Ruth, 28 August 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#13    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 4,039 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 28 August 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Hi Swanny

If you have not been paying attention to the photos of the wreckage of MH 17, I'm really sorry, but that's a personal problem.  If you are not aware that Ukraine confiscated the ATC tapes quickly, I'm really sorry.
I've seen plenty of photos, but you seem to be the only one claiming these photos are evidence of anything other than a SAM attack.  I've seen no evidence as to whether the accident investigators have been denied the ATC tapes, either.

"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#14    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

View Postali smack, on 27 August 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

I think it is because people want to believe that everything happens for a reason and that things are controlled. Chaos and disorder scare people. People want to think that things are not chaotic, random, and beyond human control.

#15    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 4,039 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 28 August 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

If you are not aware that Ukraine confiscated the ATC tapes quickly, I'm really sorry.
Been Googling and found this statement from the Dutch Safety Board which suggests that they have the ATC data:
The report will contain the first factual findings arising from the investigation based on various sources, such as the cockpit voice recorder and the flight data recorder (the black boxes), air traffic control data, radar and satellite images. This data is currently being compared and will subsequently be analysed.
http://www.onderzoek...the-netherlands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users