Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

‘Ghost of little girl’ photographed

thomas beavis loftus hall anne tottenham haunted mansion ghost of little girl

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

A tourist who visited a notorious haunted mansion in Ireland believes he may have photographed the ghost of a little girl.

Thomas Beavis, 21, from Lewisham, made the spine-tingling discovery as he flicked through his camera on the drive home from Loftus Hall in Wexford.

http://metro.co.uk/2...s-hall-4848380/

Posted Image

#2    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

• S*** happens, again and again.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

Awesome real looking image. I know nothing of cameras and faking photos so i'll see what develops from our resident pros on this one. Would be nice to be real though.   :unsure2:

"Don't fear the Reaper, you'll be able to fly."

#3    third_eye

third_eye

¤_̀ M ă Ġ î ń Æ Ř Ī ü Ş_ ¤

• 12,243 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

Seen my share of things like these ~ on 35mm negatives and studio silver plates it looks not so sharp ~ these days the details are breath taking ~ and implies hoaxes ~ such a shame ~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,893 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

Looks like two normal ladies in the vestibule to me, looking out at all those pilgrims.

#5    Scandal

Scandal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

Hoax or not still looks cool will never know.

#6    TheMustardLady

TheMustardLady

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 6,075 posts

• The temp poster of Stubbly_Dooright who wants to solve everything with mustard! :D

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostEldorado, on 28 August 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Looks like two normal ladies in the vestibule to me, looking out at all those pilgrims.
Or two female ghosts maybe. I'm not saying it as a given, but atleast I'm not the only one seeing two individuals that look kind of faded, grey, and transparent unlike the rest of the group. I'm not saying that they are both ghosts, yeah it could be the way the sun's light is hitting them, because they happen to be more in the shade maybe. My question is then, is it two ghosts caught by the camera, or no, he didn't and the second individual in the same shot proves it?

Now, that I took a couple more looks of the shot, the girl does seem to wear what would be the fashion of 1766. The second lady, who happens to be in the same shade  of the girl looks dressed like today. Including with I think is glasses on her face. Could it be a ghost app. that went overboard?

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright, 28 August 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
Don't walk in front of me; I was not born to follow. Don't walk behind me; We were all born to lead. Don't walk without me; I might need you tomorrow. Walk right beside me, Be the real friend I need.  (Celtic Woman)

#7    Dauvis

Dauvis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

Maybe it is my monitor, my eyes, or artifacts from zooming but it looks like the pixels around the figure in the zoomed image are slightly different color in relation to nearby areas and the edge of this "aura" is distinct.

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

That entryway is glassed in, is it not?  Looks like a simple reflection of the folks walking up the stairs to me especially given how the two "ghosts" are at different heights.  And, no, I'm not talking about the lady in pink as clearly she couldn't be making that reflection.

Of course the fact that the images are so small makes it kind of hard to blow them up and figure out which guest is making the reflection.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#9    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Larger version of the entire photo (click to see full version):

* Removed due to copyright *

See the couple walking towards the entrance with him in red and her in blue?  It's a reflection of her. She's just opposite where the reflection in the window appears and is facing the right direction. As Rafterman says, it can't be the lady in pink as reflections obviously don't work that way.

How does this kind of nonsense generate any sort of news story or debate or even doubt as to what it is?

edit:  I'm having second thoughts.  The glass should appear to be halfway between an object and it's reflection and she's too far away.  Still, there's a whole crowd of people, and the details aren't very useful, but it's still obviously a reflection.  The optimum conditions for reflections in windows are when one side of the glass is a brightly lit area and the other side is a dimly lit area (that's how "one-sided mirrors" generally work, e.g. a brightly lit interrogation room and a dimly lit viewing room with a highly reflective piece of glass between them).  Daft to think it's a ghost either way.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 28 August 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

See the couple walking towards the entrance with him in red and her in blue?  It's a reflection of her. She's just opposite where the reflection in the window appears and is facing the right direction. As Rafterman says, it can't be the lady in pink as reflections obviously don't work that way.

How does this kind of nonsense generate any sort of news story or debate or even doubt as to what it is?

You nailed it.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#11    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,467 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

I shuddered when I looked at that picture :(

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#12    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostRed Howler, on 29 August 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I shuddered when I looked at that picture :(
A reflection of a woman in a window makes you shudder?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#13    TheMustardLady

TheMustardLady

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 6,075 posts

• The temp poster of Stubbly_Dooright who wants to solve everything with mustard! :D

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

I am noticing that the sun is hitting the two grey faded individuals in the same direction as everyone else. The sun's reflection is hitting everyone on their faces all in the same manner, which makes me think it's not a reflection thing. I'm not saying that means that the two grey figures are ghosts, but that I'm don't think it's a reflection.

I'm noticing some smudge marks in front of the two grey figures, almost like the smudge marks are on the window pane right in front of them. I don't know if that means anything.

I'm not feeling any creepy feelings from viewing the two grey figures. Could one be a reannactment player and another a tourist and both of them just happen to look through the window at the time of the shot?

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright, 29 August 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
Don't walk in front of me; I was not born to follow. Don't walk behind me; We were all born to lead. Don't walk without me; I might need you tomorrow. Walk right beside me, Be the real friend I need.  (Celtic Woman)

#14    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Megalodon Trapper

• Banned
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

Cool picture!

Posted Image

#15    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostStubbly_Dooright, on 28 August 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Or two female ghosts maybe. I'm not saying it as a given, but at least I'm not the only one seeing two individuals that look kind of faded, grey, and transparent unlike the rest of the group.
Well, a funny thing about window reflections is that they tend to be faded and washed out looking.  They also tend to be transparent.  That's kinda how glass reflections work.

So I agree with you, it certainly has all the characteristics of a reflection.

Now, that I took a couple more looks of the shot, the girl does seem to wear what would be the fashion of 1766. The second lady, who happens to be in the same shade  of the girl looks dressed like today. Including with I think is glasses on her face. Could it be a ghost app. that went overboard?
The fashion of 1766? Utter nonsense.  Excuse me for being up front with my opinion but it has to be said.  There's absolutely no way you can determine that the woman is wearing clothing that matches the fashion of that particular period in the 18th century (did you even check or do you know what the fashion for girls was in 1766?).  That could be sweatpants and a hoodie for all you can tell with the lack of detail available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users