Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Russia's warning:We have Nukes...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Seems like i have heard this before...like 3 or 4 times(Now).Kinda think poking the bear could elicit a response...

LAKE SELIGER Russia (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Friday Russia's armed forces, backed by its nuclear arsenal, were ready to meet any aggression, declaring at a pro-Kremlin youth camp that foreign states should understand: "It's best not to mess with us."

Putin told the assembly, on the banks of a lake near Moscow, the Russian takeover of Crimea in March was essential to save a largely Russian-speaking population from Ukrainian government violence. He said continued fighting in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian separatists launched an uprising in April, was the result of a refusal by Kiev to negotiate.

Ukraine, and Western governments, accuse Russia of sending troops and armor to back the separatists in a conflict that has already killed over 2,000 people. Russia denies the charge.

"Russia is far from being involved in any large-scale conflicts," he said at the camp on the banks of Lake Seliger. "We don't want that and don't plan on it. But naturally, we should always be ready to repel any aggression towards Russia.

"Russia's partners... should understand it's best not to mess with us,"

Link:

http://news.yahoo.co...entsharebuttons

Tempus Edax Rerum

#2    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

From the same story;

"If those are contemporary European values, then I'm simply disappointed in the highest degree," he said, comparing Ukraine's military operations in the east of the country with the Nazi siege of Leningrad in World War Two.

"Small villages and large cities surrounded by the Ukrainian army which is directly hitting residential areas with the aim of destroying the infrastructure... It sadly reminds me of the events of the Second World War, when German fascist... occupiers surrounded our cities."

I liked the part where he omitted Russia is like Germany in WW2 when it invaded sovereign nations taking their territory with the justification of protecting ethnic Germans

Laughable,

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

#3    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

NATO TO RUSSIA: Cease Your 'Illegal Military Actions'

NATO on Friday accused Russia of a "blatant violation of Ukraine's sovereignty" and urged it to immediately cease its "illegal military actions" in eastern regions of the country.

NATO  Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said despite "hollow denials" by Russia, it was clear it was involved in "direct military operations" in Ukraine.

"We condemn in the strongest terms Russia’s continued disregard of its international obligations. We urge Russia to cease its illegal military actions, stop its support to armed separatists, and take immediate and verifiable steps towards de-escalation of this grave crisis,"

Link:

https://www.yahoo.co...-122203522.html

Tempus Edax Rerum

#4    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,652 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

Obama statement says something along the lines of "no u.s military action... Obviously, because superpower vs superpower woildnt be good.."  Obama looks like exhausted and weathered in his statement, especially his hair.. Looks way aged, but he knows he's let the world fall out... He believed he could smack the world with sanctions or peace treaties , kiss ass and everything would be ok.. Putin gives Obama the middle finger , and has called Obama out. You've never seen Any president outta last 5-6 that Putin tried to make a move like he's doing now.... The whole world is going crazy.. And Putin pretty ,ucu over Obama. He sees him for who he really is.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,648 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Russia: We have Nukes!
Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,329 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

Russia is hardly a Superpower ; with an economy the size of California's all he has is a military with a lot of outmoded materiel. I suspect that most of his nuclear capability is rusting away through lack of maintenance and he seems to forget that the UK and France have nuclear capabilities that are in a state of constant preparedness.

The "man" is just a schoolground bully and should be treated as such;  the Russian economy is in tatters and given the scale of Russian emigration in the last few years he probably has little genuine support from Russians.

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,053 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Russia has quite a bit of power tbh, see below. And think about it like this, just 3 or 4 nukes on major cities in the UK and we are hit very hard. In this instance its not about the US being a superpower and Russia not, its about the assured destruction that nukes will do. Note the words 'active' and 'deployed' in regard to the info below, active, and deployed, does NOT mean rusting in storage

Nuclear arsenal of Russia

The exact numbers of nuclear warheads remain a subject of estimations and ongoing constant discussion depending on their respective source. The Federation of American Scientists estimates that Russia possesses 4,650 active nuclear warheads, while the U.S. has 2,468.[1] Alexander Khramchikhin, an analyst at the Institute for Political and Military Analysis said Russia has 3,100 nuclear warheads while the U.S. has some 5,700.[9] According to 2011 data from the New START Treaty Aggregate Numbers of Strategic Offensive Arms facts sheet, the United States has the largest number of deployed nuclear weapons in the world, 300 more than Russia.[10]

Mid-2007 Russia was estimated to have around 3,281 active strategic nuclear warheads in its arsenal. Russia also has a large number of tactical nuclear weapons, although there are no treaty requirements for it to publish data on these weapons so the exact numbers are unknown. An estimate by Hans M. Kristensen and Robert Norris estimate Russia has approximately 2,000 deployed tactical warheads. Strategic nuclear forces of Russia include:

Land based Strategic Rocket Forces: 489 missiles carrying up to 1,788 warheads; they employ immobile (silos), like SS-18 Satan, and mobile delivery systems, like SS-27 Topol M.
    Sea based Strategic Fleet: 12 submarines carrying up to 609 warheads; they should be able to employ, in a near future, delivery systems like SS-N-30 Bulava.
    Strategic Aviation: 79 bombers carrying up to 884 cruise missiles.

As of July 2009, Russia's strategic arsenal reportedly shrunk to 2,723 warheads, including: 367 ICBMs with 1,248 warheads, 13 SSBNs with 591 warheads and 76 bombers with 884 warheads.

http://en.wikipedia....senal_of_Russia

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#8    toyomotor

toyomotor

Grumpy Old Coot

• 1,470 posts

• The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostArkitecht, on 29 August 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Seems like i have heard this before...like 3 or 4 times(Now).Kinda think poking the bear could elicit a response...

LAKE SELIGER Russia (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Friday Russia's armed forces, backed by its nuclear arsenal, were ready to meet any aggression, declaring at a pro-Kremlin youth camp that foreign states should understand: "It's best not to mess with us."

Putin told the assembly, on the banks of a lake near Moscow, the Russian takeover of Crimea in March was essential to save a largely Russian-speaking population from Ukrainian government violence. He said continued fighting in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian separatists launched an uprising in April, was the result of a refusal by Kiev to negotiate.

Ukraine, and Western governments, accuse Russia of sending troops and armor to back the separatists in a conflict that has already killed over 2,000 people. Russia denies the charge.

"Russia is far from being involved in any large-scale conflicts," he said at the camp on the banks of Lake Seliger. "We don't want that and don't plan on it. But naturally, we should always be ready to repel any aggression towards Russia.

"Russia's partners... should understand it's best not to mess with us,"

Link:

http://news.yahoo.co...entsharebuttons

Typical bullies response.The Us has nuclear weapons too-as do some other countries, so don't try to stand over the rest of the world Putin.

Edited by toyomotor, 31 August 2014 - 02:52 PM.

There is absolutely no proof at all that human beings actually communicate.

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,133 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

The fact is that if Putin launches a nuke against anybody the result would be the elimination of Russia, and he knows it.

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,053 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostOverSword, on 31 August 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

The fact is that if Putin launches a nuke against anybody the result would be the elimination of Russia, and he knows it.

And other countries too

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,480 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

And other countries too
and everyone in the world

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,644 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

I think Putin wants to rebuild the old Soviet Union to its former glory, he wants to be remembered and feared like Lenin and Stalin.  I wonder what his mental state is like.  He has to know if he nukes Europe or the US he will get nuked.  Maybe he has more nuclear weapons than anyone else but how many does it take.

Nato is talking about putting 10,000 troops in Ukraine.  Its pretty obvious that most of these rebels are actually Russian soldiers and they will keep doing it until they get Ukraine.  Russian soldiers most likely shot down that plane.

http://www.dailymail...pansionism.html

#13    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,307 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostAshotep, on 31 August 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

I think Putin wants to rebuild the old Soviet Union to its former glory, he wants to be remembered and feared like Lenin and Stalin.  I wonder what his mental state is like.  He has to know if he nukes Europe or the US he will get nuked.  Maybe he has more nuclear weapons than anyone else but how many does it take.

Nato is talking about putting 10,000 troops in Ukraine.  Its pretty obvious that most of these rebels are actually Russian soldiers and they will keep doing it until they get Ukraine.  Russian soldiers most likely shot down that plane.

They arnt going to the Ukraine but neighbouring NATO countries.

Canada for instance is sending 1000 troops to Eastern Europe.

I know it wasn't Russians or Ukrainians that shot down that plane. Neither would be stupid enough to fire at a blip on the screen with out knowing it's range altitude and speed. I can see the Rebels using Russian equipment doing that.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#14    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,632 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

Yes I am wondering about his mental state too.  Russians who fought so hard to lose communism must feel like they are going backwards.  

If he has gone round the twist I wonder how far he is prepared to go?

Posted Image

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,053 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

In the comments under that link..

Dont poke the Bear. Does Russia have missile bases in Canada or Mexico aimed at major US cities and military bases?? List the countries that Russia has invaded since WW2, list the countries that the US has invaded. Has Russia ever used Nuclear bombs on civilian targets? please show a map of US/NATO bases close to Russian borders. When the BRICS group of nations create their own trading currency backed by the Gold standard (which the US dropped in 1971) watch the value of US dollar plummet, this is what this is all about. How many more spurious reports of 'Russian Tanks in Ukraine' will it take for everyone to wake up?? The media is not your friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users