Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Truth Commission: Lake Monster Does Exist

iceland lake monster lagarfljˇtsormurinn

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,545 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

Lagarfljótsormurinn, the giant serpent rumored to inhabit the lake Lagarfljót near Egilsstaðir in East Iceland truly exists, as announced on Saturday by the majority of a 13-person truth commission established in 2012 by the Fljótsdalshérað municipal council.

http://icelandreview...ster-does-exist

I thought it interesting that the guy got a heap of money for putting up the video and creating more tourism. Not all too sure if I believe the lake monster exists though.

#2    Gingitsune

Gingitsune

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Well, it's obviously mechanic, seeing how the thing move. The Video is ligit as there is not special effects added afterwards, but there is definitely some mecanical prop being used here.

#3    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Video discussed years ago on here.

Debris stuck in the current. It is not moving upstream, it is idle, the current is moving it.

I believe a fishing net was the answer from another site.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,412 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

This is the one people said looked like a snake swimming in near freezing water. I agree that it does not appear to be moving, just sweeping back and forth by the current. The illusion of movement is due to the various debris floating by the thing, but if you look at the tree branches it is easy to see the "head" is stationary.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

This beast exists in just the same way that faeries, trolls and elves live--according to ancient Icelandic lore still ascribed to by many Islanders. . .

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#6    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,545 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostSakari, on 31 August 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Video discussed years ago on here.

Debris stuck in the current. It is not moving upstream, it is idle, the current is moving it.

I believe a fishing net was the answer from another site.

Yeppers, I think the original thread was from 2012. Instead of necroposting, I figured the new topic about the guy being awarded was more appropriate.

Also tagged with iceland, lake monster, lagarfljˇtsormurinn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users