Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UN peacekeepers surrender

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

Interesting developments on the Golan Heights.

A whole bunch (around 50) Fijian UN 'Peacekeepers' have been captured - along with all of their equipment -  by Al-Quada affiliated rebel groups on the Golan Heights. The groups now control the crossing into Israel.

Once more, the total impotance of the UN in the Middle East is highlighted. And we wonder why Israel doesn't trust them ?

Except..... Al Quada may be in for a nasty suprise. It appears that - unlike the Fijians - the 70-odd strong Filipino contingent have no intention of surrendering, and - indeed - are planning on seriously Frappe' l' derrier of the rebel groups.

Their commanding officer, sitting in a comfortable armchair several thousand miles from the combat zone said.... well.... you can read it yourself.

Guardian Newspaper article

Thank Heaven! the crisis, The danger, is past,
And the lingering illness Is over at last—
And the fever called "Living"
  Is conquered at last.

#2    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• 2,677 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

I saw it but I don't get it.

"The groups now control the crossing into Israel."

I thought Golan *was* Israel. did I miss some give-back along the way of the decades, or something?

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

#3    RoofGardener

RoofGardener

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

• Look upon my Plantpots ye mighty, and despair.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

Umm.. there has been a UN force on the Golan Heights for quite some time now ?. Possibly since the Yom Kippur attack ?

Thank Heaven! the crisis, The danger, is past,
And the lingering illness Is over at last—
And the fever called "Living"
  Is conquered at last.

#4    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• 2,677 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostRoofGardener, on 01 September 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Umm.. there has been a UN force on the Golan Heights for quite some time now ?. Possibly since the Yom Kippur attack ?

:cry:  There has been....? Lord, where have I been?

Any Syrians live there? any Israelis live there? I feel like I just stepped out of a time warp machine,for gawd's sake

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users