Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Old Friend Sleep Paralysis

jamesjr191

its 3am here in NC USA. I'm still shaking off the heebies jeebies from an episode of sleep paralysis from half an hour ago. ive read that many here have experienced it and it is terrifying to me. ive not had a bout of it in 3yrs or so and thankful for that. I know where mine comes from, i have no doubt. it has only happened to me in periods of high stress and worries. it seems maybe im not thinking enough over an issue or i cant find the answers im seeking. Then it comes in the night bringing my scariest fears to life.

Tonite i was dreaming i was lying in my bed, which i was. Voices began to emulate from the turned off television. just annoying at first, it seemed i could ignore them. it got much louder and more angry as i tried to pretend i wasnt hearing it. i was quickley becoming frightened. but in my mind i knew i could use my trusty toshoba laptop to turn off and silence the voices.

when i reached for it i knew it was back, i couldnt lift my hands. i felt as if my whole body was being forcibly held down. unable to move all i could do was scream at it to stop toruring me. eventually i succumbed to begging it to stop. it showed no mercy, all i could do was scream and plead for help. My dad awoke and came to wake me. he just blended in with the other mysterious cloaked figures already in the room with me. There was noises i cant describe and i heard him calling my name, but it wasnt his voice he was one of them.

moments later i fully awoke heart pounding sitting straight up in bed, " a dream, just a dream" i said to myself. "A bad one to" he chimed in, he has no idea how bad. So im alive and ive slain that dragon again it seems. For those here with the same type issues, i just want to wish you a good night of sleep. And remember its all in your own mind. Try to lose no more sleep than necessary over it. Its just a terribly bad nightmare, the sun will be up in the morning. Best.

Edited by jamesjr191

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamesjr191

• mskate

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ah yea, My old friend .sleep paralysis well at least you can scream , I cannot.

it is a little frightening - a couple of times , I've found myself stanging at the

bathroom door, watching' myself lying there in bed ... thinking wow nothing is really there

with me or ever holding me down! ....Which really got me thinking!

i honestly dont know if i am screaming audibly out loud or just in the dream. my experiences have been inside my mind as i slept. you seem to be talking about projection also. i have had a few experiences where i thought i possibly projected but im not convinced the experience was real. i saw my body in the bed and my cat watching me haha. i believe they were a dream as well as i have no reason to think otherwise. BTW my dad just informed me i was loudly grunting but making no words.