Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Queensland sees spike in UFO sightings

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

UFO researchers have revealed a perplexing rise in sightings over the north-east of Australia.

According to Sheryl Gottschall, president of UFO Research Queensland, the region has become something of a hot spot.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...n-ufo-sightings

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

Probably checking out the irreparable damage we've done to the Great Barrier Reef.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,896 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

Spike McPherson?  Know him well.  Never believe a word he says!

#4    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

Had to be a slow news day.

UFO research Queensland is a CWA for eccentric pensioners.

They are reporting Ekka (The Brisbane Annual Show) lighting as UFO's now. If showground lights are now UFO's and that may well be the case as these elderly ladies also presented a photo of Sleeman Sports complex as a UFO, then no wonder we have a rise in UFO's. Wait until we build the grounds for the Commonwealth games, no doubt sightings will go through the roof.

Pity this is the best we can find to report on this marvellous country. So many wonders and yet what makes an international forum? ETCWA meetings. Crikey Moses.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#5    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 September 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

Had to be a slow news day.

UFO research Queensland is a CWA for eccentric pensioners.

They are reporting Ekka (The Brisbane Annual Show) lighting as UFO's now. If showground lights are now UFO's and that may well be the case as these elderly ladies also presented a photo of Sleeman Sports complex as a UFO, then no wonder we have a rise in UFO's. Wait until we build the grounds for the Commonwealth games, no doubt sightings will go through the roof.

Pity this is the best we can find to report on this marvellous country. So many wonders and yet what makes an international forum? ETCWA meetings. Crikey Moses.
The Redcliffe UFO festival is on this weekend too.

#6    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostMangoze, on 01 September 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

The Redcliffe UFO festival is on this weekend too.

Ohh seriously? I didn't know that, heck, I didn't even know Redcliff had a UFO festival. I'll have to try and make time. Should be a hoot. I expect the ETCWA to be in attendance.

Cheers for the heads up.

John butler is playing up that way soon too, hopefully they coincide.

Edited by psyche101, 02 September 2014 - 12:10 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,170 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:42 AM

It's clearly my aunt on her broom on the way to my cousin's wedding.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 02 September 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

It's clearly my aunt on her broom on the way to my cousin's wedding.

If it is at Melaney I'll see you there.

#9    ibnuts

ibnuts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

One UFO tells other UFO'S you should see the mess this planet has gotten
its self into so they all come by for a look.

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,170 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 02 September 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

If it is at Melaney I'll see you there.
I wasn't invited ;)
And it's the Melbourne, but my aunt's flying down from Rockhampton.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#11    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• 2,019 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:19 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 02 September 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Ohh seriously? I didn't know that, heck, I didn't even know Redcliff had a UFO festival. I'll have to try and make time. Should be a hoot. I expect the ETCWA to be in attendance.

Cheers for the heads up.

John butler is playing up that way soon too, hopefully they coincide.
Sorry I mixed up UFO and kite.  I can't see JBT on the program.

#12    Astra.

Astra.

Xanadu

• 3,765 posts

• We are in the cosmos - and the cosmos are in us.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:20 AM

In this link is a pic of the alleged UFO....seen in Wooloowin...or least one of them?

Possibly one of the experts here who know photography well...will be able to shine more light on it.

http://media.domain....in-5723072.html

Posted Image

#13    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• 2,019 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:27 AM

View PostAstra00, on 02 September 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

In this link is a pic of the alleged UFO....seen in Wooloowin...or least one of them?

Possibly one of the experts here who know photography well...will be able to shine more light on it.

http://media.domain....in-5723072.html
Why can't they ever tell you what direction they were facing, time of day, etc?

#14    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,170 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

View PostMangoze, on 02 September 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

Why can't they ever tell you what direction they were facing, time of day, etc?
More importantly, why would ANYONE from any planet want to go to Wooloowin?

#15    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:52 AM

View PostMangoze, on 02 September 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

Sorry I mixed up UFO and kite.  I can't see JBT on the program.

:w00t: :tu: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :tu:

GOT ME!!

Hook line and sinker - Classic!!

Rather put a smile on my face that did :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users