Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parrot on Mars

Zip Monster

In March 2002 an anthropologist and independent Mars researcher, Wil Faust found a geoglyphic formation of a parrot in the Argyre Basin area of Mars (MOC image M1402185).

m1402185crop.gif

Note the profile of a full-bodied parrot at the bottom portion of this crop and the wing feature that extends upward, into a grid-like formation of a city complex.

Zip Monster

It's a Norwegian Blue and it is obviously pining for the fjords !

• Like 7

Focusing in on the head (M1402185), notice an eye, beak, jaw and tongue are visible. There is even evidence of a “cere”(nostril) feature located at the top portion of the beak. Also notice the head extends from the beak down to a hood-line at the base of the neck.

image002.jpg

Zip Monster

Pareidolia will destroy ya.

• Like 1

Focusing in on the head (M1402185), notice an eye, beak, jaw and tongue are visible. There is even evidence of a “cere”(nostril) feature located at the top portion of the beak. Also notice the head extends from the beak down to a hood-line at the base of the neck.

image002.jpg

Zip Monster

I don't see anything resembling a parrot in this image though it does kind of look like the sleeping head of a cow/calf/goat thingee.

• Like 1

Zip Monster, are you genuinely trying to claim that this IS an image of a parrot?

Yes this is an image of a parrot and NASA took three pictures that support this claim.

Fine, then I'll move this to the Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon forum.

As I do so I'll give you something to think about. That image is 2.84km in width (see here). The "parrot" stretches for two thirds of the image, with it's "tail" not even visible as it is beyond the right edge of the image. That means your parrot, from beak to tail, is about 2 km (1.2 miles) in length.

Some parrot.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
forgot to add link.
  • Like 6

WasPie, yes this is a very large geoglyphic formation in the shape of a parrot. In reading your remarks, it appears you are suggesting that I'm claiming that this is a actual parrot. No, this is not a real parrot, however, it is a large sculpted, geographic formation of a parrot.

So, why are you moving this thread?

Zip Monster

Edited by Zip Monster

So, why are you moving this thread?

Because I asked you this simple question:

Zip Monster, are you genuinely trying to claim that this IS an image of a parrot?

Your reply was:

Hi WasPie. Yes this is an image of a parrot and NASA took three pictures that support this claim.

Zip Monster

I wanted clarification on exactly what you were claiming. You quite clearly replied that it was a picture of a parrot. That is why I moved it.

Now I've pointed out that the "parrot" is over a mile long you are contradicting your answer to me and acting puzzled as to why the thread was moved.

• Like 1

Even if your claim is that this is a "sculpted structure" then you need to be clear. Are you claiming that this is artificially sculpted or are you claiming that it is a natural structure?

If artificial then moving this topic to this board was still appropriate.

If natural then I would like to point out that you posted this in the space exploration NEWS forum. Where is the news in a twelve year old story about a thirteen year old picture?

You seem to be being deliberately vague about what it is exactly you are claiming here.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 1

Hi WasPie. Sorry for your confusion, but I clearly mentioned that the parrot was seen as a geoglyph in my first post in this thread. As for this parrot geoglyph being "News" - I assumed it was "News" to this forum and by your reaction, it was "News" to you.

As I mentioned above this parrot geoglyh was photographed three times by NASA and each of these images confirming the scultural aspects of the formation. Here is the third image from 2009 (MOC S13-01480).

ParrotColoredComparison.jpg

Parrot geoglyph (with colorized version) - MOC S13-01480 - The Cydonia Institute.

This parrot geoglyph was also the main topic of a science paper written by members of both The Cydonia Institute and The Society of Planetary SETI Reseach, published in the Journal of Scientific Exploration in 2011. The authors of the paper include three veterinarians and two geologists - all of which confirmed the formations 17 points of anatomical correctness.

Here is a link to a PDF of the paper: http://spsr.utsi.edu/articles/JSE253Saunders.pdf

BTW, it took over 6 years to write the science paper and have it published.

Sorry for the "Slow Roll"...

Zip Monster

• Like 1

Zip Monster, you are still dancing around and avoiding a simple question. Are you claiming that this is an artificial structure? Yes or no?

Slow roll or not, I'm hoping that it won't take you six years to give a clear, honest answer as to what it is you are actually claiming.

• Like 1

Well WasPie, with a science paper documenting three veterinarians and two geologists confirming the parrot formations 17 points of anatomical correctness, I'd say yes I'm claiming that this to be an artificial structure.

Zip Monster

I'd say yes I'm claiming that this to be an artificial structure.

Thank you, a straight answer at last.

So if you are claiming this is an artificial structure and therefore, clearly, evidence of extraterrestrial life, why were you complaining about this thread being moved to a section of the site that deals specifically with extraterrestrial life?

Your unwillingness to give straight answers or to make clear EXACTLY what you are claiming do not come across well.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 2

Hi WasPie. Sorry for your confusion, but I clearly mentioned that the parrot was seen as a geoglyph in my first post in this thread. As for this parrot geoglyph being "News" - I assumed it was "News" to this forum and by your reaction, it was "News" to you.

As I mentioned above this parrot geoglyh was photographed three times by NASA and each of these images confirming the scultural aspects of the formation. Here is the third image from 2009 (MOC S13-01480).

Parrot geoglyph (with colorized version) - MOC S13-01480 - The Cydonia Institute.

This parrot geoglyph was also the main topic of a science paper written by members of both The Cydonia Institute and The Society of Planetary SETI Reseach, published in the Journal of Scientific Exploration in 2011. The authors of the paper include three veterinarians and two geologists - all of which confirmed the formations 17 points of anatomical correctness.

Here is a link to a PDF of the paper: http://spsr.utsi.edu...253Saunders.pdf

Sorry for the "Slow Roll"...

Zip Monster

Stop with the peer reviewed nonsense you charlatan, this garbage is no such thing. First of all The Cydonia Institute and Society for Scientific Exploration are both woo sites pushing the most ludicrous paranormal garbage littering the internet. The JSE you say this paper is published in, describes itself as such:

The JSE is the quarterly, peer-reviewed journal
of the SSE. Since 1987, the JSE has published original research on consciousness, quantum and biophysics, unexplained aerial phenomena, alternative medicine, new energy, sociology, psychology, and much more. The journal also contains book reviews, letters to the editor, and peer correspondence.

This is not an accepted journal of science so please don't present it as such. How embarrassing for you to believe in this rubbish and shame on those veterinarians for contributing to this fraud.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

[...]

Here is a link to a PDF of the paper: http://spsr.utsi.edu...253Saunders.pdf

[...]

Sorry to disappoint you, but Journal of Scientific Exploration has very little to do with science, its rather Journal of Wild Speculations and Unsupported Claims, on the par with vixra.org.

Heck, pick randomly any comic book, and it will be more "sciency" than JSE.

• Like 1

It does look like a parrot, doesn't prove anything though

Edited by NocturnalWatcher

To be perfectly honest I am not entirely sure what if anything is trying to be proven. It would be a much more interesting thread if the OP were to make a point that we could discuss. Otherwise it is just a rock that really doesn't look like anything other then a rock.

I fully intended to make a humorous Monty Python reference when I first saw this thread yet I don't feel that the rock is worth it.