Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Do You Feel About Meeting ET's?

mister

Does the thought of Extraterrestrials being real and making contact with us frighten you? Or do you find it exciting?

And what would be your personal reaction when the day comes?

• Like 1

What would you say to something that might look like a cross between a squid and a cockroach? This is where scientists go out and do scientific and mathematical things to show them we're smart and have things in common. But what if they just grab their version of a can of raid and douche us creepy-crawlies, instead.(This is where someone usually chimes into the thread with a specious argument and infantile rationalization that all intelligent life will look like us, more-or-less.) Everything I've read says that's highly unlikely.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd

If they stayed in their spaceship I would be in awe but scared. If they knocked on my door for a bag of sugar I would poop myself in fear

• Like 2

If they stayed in their spaceship I would be in awe but scared. If they knocked on my door for a bag of sugar I would poop myself in fear

They'd like that. The anal probe thing and all that.

What would you say to something that might look like a cross between a squid and a cockroach? This is where scientists go out and do scientific and mathematical things to show them we're smart and have things in common. But what if they just grab their version of a can of raid and douche us creepy-crawlies, instead.(This is where someone usually chimes into the thread with a specious argument and infantile rationalization that all intelligent life will look like us, more-or-less.) Everything I've read says that's highly unlikely.

So I'm guessing it frightens you to think they're out there? And if so do you think this influences your opinion on whether they're out there or not? (Since people tend to believe what makes them feel better)

Edited by mister

I can understand being a little shaken if they looked like giant cockroaches. But I would be mostly excited.

• Like 1

So I'm guessing it frightens you to think they're out there? And if so do you think this influences your opinion on whether they're out there or not? (Since people tend to believe what makes them feel better)

Hey, I'm 60 years old and surrounded by thousands of science fiction paperbacks, collected over the years. I'm always prepared and forever unready. Contact could be as sweet and bland as some people like to fancy, or it could be H.P. Lovecraft's worst nightmare. I have trouble believing something would come such vast distances without intending to stay.
  • Like 2

I'll do whatever Chuck Norris does.

Not me. I'd do what Brian Boitano'd do.

We know what Captain Kirk would do.

Thats a fact He would have them in bed in a NANO sec !

80 more bottles of wine to go ! :alien::tu:

Good one there Mangoze !

• Like 2

Kirk was never worried about inter-humanoid relationships

Oh yea, well, did you that when Alexander Bell invented the telephone, he had missed 3 calls from Chuck Norris?

• Like 1

Go skating? Lol. I guess.

• Like 1

Does the thought of Extraterrestrials being real and making contact with us frighten you? Or do you find it exciting?

And what would be your personal reaction when the day comes?

Better question is, why haven't they made full contact?

Missed that episode. Man I miss watching this back in the day.

I think that's from Southpark The Movie.

Maybe they have. Maybe they scooped some of us up and put us in a petri dish.

Maybe they have. Maybe they scooped some of us up and put us in a petri dish.

I take it you don't believe in them or you are just loaded with sarcasm one... :alien: ...lol

Good question too. But I wanted to know how people feel about ET's personally. The question why haven't they made contact opens up a whole can of worms and will lead to a back and forth between believers and non believers, like always.

Why?

I love meeting entirely new people myself. Never met an alien, but I don't see why that would change. I'd ask them if they would like some refreshments after the long trip.

(This is where someone usually chimes into the thread with a specious argument and infantile rationalization that all intelligent life will look like us, more-or-less.) Everything I've read says that's highly unlikely.

I would hope not, I have a thread on that specific subject, and made the last post yet to be refuted. As such, one might assume the argument against was exhausted.

Simon Conway Morris is worth looking into, he supports the notion as I do.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1