Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

opinion on the omniverse

ask21771

I want to see the Omni-verse crossover of Dr. Doom vrs Rocky and Bullwinkle!

My moneys on the Moose! Bullwinkle's Super Mutant power of Cosmic Stupidity would prove too powerful for the Evil Dr!

• Like 3

"It includes every single literary, television show, movie, urban legend, universe, realm, etc. ever. It includes everyone from Popeye to Rocky Balboa to Ronald Reagan to Romeo and Juliet to Luke Skywalker to Snoopy to Jay and Silent Bob, Mickey Mouse, Harry Potter, Super Mario to Sonic the Hedgehog, etc." The Omniverse incorporates all dimensions, realities and fantasies. This includes universes outside of comics, such as Star Wars, Hunger Games and Assassin's Creed."

I was serious....

• Like 5

http://marvel.wikia.com/Omniverse do you thinks is true

I dont think its true.

While physics can show every outcome for an objects probability exists it doesnt show every possible object, no matter how extreme, exists.

Its more about every path being open for the route forward or backwards for an object not every object.

• Like 2

so there's a universe where simon cowell doesn't exist?!

trust me to **** out and end up in one where he does.

Fate, thou art cruel...

• Like 3

...and fictional universes yet to be published are considered part of the Omniverse,

From the link.

Is everything that has not yet happened included in the Omniverse? If so, does this infer that the future already exists? If not, how can the Omniverse contain what has not happened yet?

Or perhaps, the Omniverse contains all potential occurrances. Still, this would presume a potential occurrance actually has some form of reality.

• Like 2

so there's a universe where simon cowell doesn't exist?!

trust me to **** out and end up in one where he does.

Fate, thou art cruel...

Well there's a universe where the Jihadists get him tomorrow and behead him!

Sorry if you're rading this Simon, I like X Factor lmao

• Like 1

no!

I'm taking my comic books and going home...

Oh yeah, well I send my Lone Ranger riding The Hulk and shooting his Rambo guns along with his Last Star Fighter fleet to burn down your home, which is in Ewok Ghettoville, with the Ewoks and Gordon Ramsey.

use-the-force-harry_o_2783433.jpg

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 4

These silly "possible universe" questions keep popping up everywhere I go.

Here's the explanation.

While there may be an infinite number of universes, is there one out there where ____________(fill in the blank)?

Answer: No.

For example there are infinite numbers in between 2 and 3, but none of those numbers are 4.

Edited by We are lizard people
  • Like 2

Again can we please discuss this like adults

Discuss what?

Is there a universe where wolverine is a girl? One where spiderman and superman get married?

You posted a link about a comic book universe and don't want people to talk about comic books?

Personally, I want there to be a universe where magneto is just a really good accountant and is always trying to take over his office.

• Like 1

It is difficult to seriously discuss the "omniverse" when you give us a link that focuses on marvel stories.

As much as I would like for other worlds, where our "fantasy" stories represent a reality elsewhere, I just cannot see how another dimension can exist on top of ours.

Personally, I want there to be a universe where magneto is just a really good accountant and is always trying to take over his office.

He'd never lose his staples or paper clips.

• Like 2

He'd never lose his staples or paper clips.

I'd like to think the IT department would be his biggest foil. Followed by HR in a close second.

• Like 1

http://marvel.wikia.com/Omniverse do you thinks is true

First things first. "Literally everything" can't exist or at least can't exist for very long relative to the entirety within which it is contained. That is to say that which is false can't exist for very long because eventually that which is true will override it. Reality can't sustain anything that does not conform to its rules.

It is unavoidable that some fallacies exist in the Omniverse however only momentarily.

In short I would say yes but only momentarily.

Another way to think of it is like this:

Try to imagine what "every-thing" would even look like. Now try to imagine what "one-thing" of "every-thing" would look like. There would be an infinitely many "one-things" that stems from or belongs to "every-thing" however there would also be an infinitely many "no-things" that's left when trying to distinguish "one-things". It is not something that can be true for very long... One-thing forms a convergent infinity and no-thing forms a divergent infinity. The two can't co-exist.

Again.. Yes but only momentarily relatively in this instance.

These silly "possible universe" questions keep popping up everywhere I go.

Here's the explanation.

While there may be an infinite number of universes, is there one out there where ____________(fill in the blank)?

Answer: No.

For example there are infinite numbers in between 2 and 3, but none of those numbers are 4.

If i'm reading it correctly then the first example is one where you're filling a variable? I don't understand how this is a counter example, everything that can fill the variable has to conform to the rules of what the variable could be. Since it is something that the variable can contain then it exists as a possibility within the parameter set which is contained by the concept of multiverse.

I feel like the second example is heading in the right direction however it still doesn't quite hit the nail on the head. An omniverse could contain two multiverses that never intersect with one another. Similarly an omniverse could contain all the infinities between 2 and 3 as well as the number 4 however the two don't intersect.

An Omniverse would have to contain itself, as well, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Again can we please discuss this like adults

Discuss a ridiculous and baseless idea, like adults?
  • Like 1

Well, I think this subject could morph into a serious discussion of some sort.

First things first. "Literally everything" can't exist or at least can't exist for very long relative to the entirety within which it is contained. That is to say that which is false can't exist for very long because eventually that which is true will override it. Reality can't sustain anything that does not conform to its rules.

It is unavoidable that some fallacies exist in the Omniverse however only momentarily.

This is sort of like 'sum over histories' in quantum theory, 'sum of all possibilities' or 'path intregral formulation', wherein a photon traveling from point A to point B travels all possible routes, discarding all but the direct route from A to B.

All the routes discarded as not efficient would be similar to, "false can't exist for very long because eventually that which is true will override it."

• Like 2

Well, I think this subject could morph into a serious discussion of some sort.

This is sort of like 'sum over histories' in quantum theory, 'sum of all possibilities' or 'path intregral formulation', wherein a photon traveling from point A to point B travels all possible routes, discarding all but the direct route from A to B.

All the routes discarded as not efficient would be similar to, "false can't exist for very long because eventually that which is true will override it."

But if an Omniverse were truly "Infinite" it would be infinitly inclusive as well... Therefore what is "False" in one "region" of the omniverse might very well be "True" in another...

But if an Omniverse were truly "Infinite" it would be infinitly inclusive as well... Therefore what is "False" in one "region" of the omniverse might very well be "True" in another...

couldn't have said it better myself

It would have to have different physical laws in different mircouniverses to account for all such possibilities. Though I think that such things as conservation of energy and certain properties would have to remain the same or you wouldn't even have the ability for other universes to come into being.

But if an Omniverse were truly "Infinite" it would be infinitly inclusive as well... Therefore what is "False" in one "region" of the omniverse might very well be "True" in another..

Yes, I agree, but would the Omniverse be infinite? It seems to me the laws of physics, however these laws may be assembled, would put constraints on what is possible. For example, an animal with the body of an crocodile, the head of an elephant, the legs of a spider that lives on a cold planet covered with liquid acetylene and an atmosphere of gaseous propane would not be possible.

Also, thoughts more complex than the capability of the human brain to think them would not be possible. So, I think the Omniverse would be finite, only being made up of everything possible.