Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conservatives and liberals smell different

DieChecker

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index/268219/speedreads-study-conservatives-and-liberals-smell-different

The researchers, led by Brown University political scientist Rose McDermott, found that conservatives and liberals smell dissimilar. While the difference is small, it is apparently significant enough that we subconsciously prefer the scent of those who vote like we do.

I've seen a couple studies similar to this one that indicate that our sense of smell is actually a much bigger factor in our day to day lives then we consciously acknowledge.

• Like 1

So which ones shower more?

What do apathetic voters smell like? Credit card debt and Wal-mart and food stamp ink?

I would have to say, BO and bad breath from p*** poor hygiene. :P

I wonder what the crypt keeper smells like?

Much better than people that vote for either this or that and call it freedom. ;)

• Like 1

Hmmm. Interesting. I'd like to see what criteria they used to identify and separate the two groups.

There are conservative liberals and liberal conservatives. I wonder if their smell sends mixed signals. :o

Edited by QuiteContrary

Phew I smell a rat

What do apathetic voters smell like? Credit card debt and Wal-mart and food stamp ink?

What are apathetic voters? Those who don't think that voting for that lot in preference to the other lot would make the slightest difference? Perhaps the word "realistic" might be more appropriate than "apathetic".
  • Like 1