Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should Canada indict Bush?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:00 PM

Here's something I think ought to be taken seriously...I know I do and would if only I had influence in Canada.

When U.S. President George W. Bush arrives in Ottawa — probably later this year — should he be welcomed? Or should he be charged with war crimes?

It's an interesting question. On the face of it, Bush seems a perfect candidate for prosecution under Canada's Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes Act.

This act was passed in 2000 to bring Canada's ineffectual laws in line with the rules of the new International Criminal Court. While never tested, it lays out sweeping categories under which a foreign leader like Bush could face arrest.

Wouldn't that be just the ticket...I'm sure there are plenty of decent people around to enforce it

Story Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...d=1100517502971

Vimjams
ph34r.gif

Edited by vimjams, 17 November 2004 - 01:00 PM.

Posted Image

#2    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:27 PM

Sorry, but it would just never happen. Bush will never be held accountable for any of things that he has done wrong, and Canada certainly wouldn't try. There is too much at stake for Canada to even consider such a thing.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#3    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,496 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:43 PM

Would never happen. Canada and the US are too interdependant for any Canadian prime minister to order the arrest of an American president.

EdIt: I should have said Canada is to dependant on the US....plus I don't think there is any world leader dumb enough to try something like that.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 17 November 2004 - 01:46 PM.

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#4    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:44 PM

That is unfortunate
However, I hope things will be quite different here in the UK sometime in the near future. And criminals like Blair face trial and Bush is no longer welcomed by the State.

vimjams
ph34r.gif

Posted Image

#5    Disinterested

Disinterested

Government Agent

• 3,740 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:00 PM

I can't wait for Bush to show up. People here are pissed, this isn't going to be a walk in the park for him.

He's scheduled to be here on November 30 and December 1st.

#6    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Disinterested @ Nov 17 2004, 06:00 AM)
I can't wait for Bush to show up. People here are pissed, this isn't going to be a walk in the park for him.

He's scheduled to be here on November 30 and December 1st.

View Post

Hey Dis, you are welcome to keep him for as long as you want...He's all yours as far as I'm concerned...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#7    Disinterested

Disinterested

Government Agent

• 3,740 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Nov 17 2004, 02:01 PM)
Hey Dis, you are welcome to keep him for as long as you want...He's all yours as far as I'm concerned...

View Post

grin2.gif No thanks.

Last time though, he didn't come at all. Cancelled at the last minute. I'm glad he's actually showing up this time.  devil.gif

#8    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:54 PM

On Bush's last visit to Australia he addressed Parliament...when he did a few of the party's turned their backs on him during his speech laugh.gif

#9    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Daughter of the Nine Moons @ Nov 17 2004, 03:43 PM)
I don't think there is any world leader dumb enough to try something like that.

View Post

Well...actually there is, one. w00t.gif Do you think he could reach as far as to arrest himself?
Anything is possible  grin2.gif

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#10    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:54 PM

I'd be happy if the US put Clinton and Kerry in prison before I start worrying what Canada wants to do.

#11    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:03 PM

Man i can't wait for Bush to come here.

#12    Hein

Hein

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(BurnSide @ Nov 17 2004, 08:03 PM)

View Post

Bush should certainly stay away from South Africa.  Apparently he received so much hate-mail from here before the election that they blocked South Africans from visiting his web site.

I dont think that he is the main culprit though. He is simply a puppet. The REALLY dangerous people are Rumsfeldt, Wolfowitsch and Rice. Strange thing is: the whole world can see right through these people - while so many Americans can`t. I wonder if there is really such a thing as mass-hypnosis.  Certainly looks like it.

When the Germans look back today they can`t believe they supported Adolf Hitler. The same will eventually happen in the US. I just hope they wake up before its too late.

#13    jjtss

jjtss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE(Hein @ Nov 17 2004, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE(BurnSide @ Nov 17 2004, 08:03 PM)

View Post

I. Strange thing is: the whole world can see right through these people - while so many Americans can`t. I wonder if there is really such a thing as mass-hypnosis.  Certainly looks like it.

View Post

There is such a thing as subliminal programming through certain tv channels with Secondary Audio Programming (SAP).  It explains a lot of irrational mass reactions, and is a part of a program called PHOENIX run by the CIA & NSA since 1990. w00t.gif  ohmy.gif

#14    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 18 November 2004 - 05:51 AM

Bush should be locked up before Clinton of Kerry...

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#15    firefemme1202

firefemme1202

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

• It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. --Aristotle

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:26 AM

Canada is a neutral country (except in their hatred for Bush's reign) so I don't see it happening at all...

And another thing, I agree with Fluffy....keep him, arrest him, whatever, just don't let us have him back.  

You'd think Americans would have smartened up knowing that the whole world wants Bush out of office.  And that he hasn't made near as many jobs as there should have been.  And that he basically started War...lol, I would keep going but I'll just get all pissed off again.  

Americans think the rest of the world is wrong while America is right...scary that 60 million Americans can piss off a world of 6 billion....and can keep him in office.

To suppose that earth is the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to believe that in an entire field sown with millet, only one grain will grow.  --Metrodorus of Chios, 4th century BCE

We adore chaos because we love to produce order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users