Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

KFC bans wipes so as not to offend Muslims.

George Ford

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11128246/KFC-leaves-Muslims-baffled-after-branch-drops-alcohol-hand-wipes-in-halal-mix-up.html

"KFC leaves Muslims baffled after branch drops alcohol hand-wipes in halal mix-up

Finger-licking farce as customers at KFC branch refused alcohol-based hand wipes in case they offended Muslims" ~ Quote from above article.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and use common sense, most Muslims are smart enough to make their own decisions without idiotic companies basically doing something that I consider stirring up anti-Muslim sentiment due to stupidity and ignorance.

• Like 4

I think the muslims are scratching their heads and wondering "what gives" when alcohol being used for it's correct purpose as a cleaning agent and disinfectant is banned on their behalf. The admonition, I believe, is that muslims should not DRINK alcohol, I'm pretty sure they are happy to disinfect hands, surfaces and wounds with it without a problem .....

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 5

The KFC Branch in question have a point, we should be accommodating for the religion of Islam at every opportunity. I know some Moslems are "baffled" by the removal of alcoholic handwipes. But just think of the consequences if it did offend them, these days you cannot take the risk, just imagine if one person was to be offended. my god the Political Correctness, left wing liberal brigade would go into melt down. they'd then fuel the flames and before you know it protests, placards. on the streets.

Its the Human psyche that is to blame, we've had years of political correctness, and multicultural submissiveness thrust upon us. Its no wonder the products (people) indoctrinated through this make the odd mistake. such as this person in the Branch of KFC.

• Like 2

I think the muslims are scratching their heads and wondering "what gives" when alcohol being used for it's correct purpose as a cleaning agent and disinfectant is banned on their behalf. The admonition, I believe, is that muslims should not DRINK alcohol, I'm pretty sure they are happy to disinfect hands, surfaces and wounds with it without a problem .....

Ahem... I beg to differ - drinking is the correct purpose for alcohol.

Personally I'm sick of this sort of thing. If muslims don't like the wipes they don't have to use them. The pig ignorant PC brigade should keep their frigging noses out and let people make up their own minds.

• Like 5

So the question becomes this:

Did any Muslim customer make a complaint, or was this put into practice by some halfwit - probably not from that faith - just in case it might offend somebody?

Remember a Newsnight report, in which an Iman pointed out the and indeed the Muslim Council had no trouble with the idea of Christmas festivals being held, instead it was down to a thoughtful - in other words, complete prat - and idiotic jerk thinking that in order not to cause offence, we'd ought to stop anything that might offend others.

If any gods are ready this, please save us from do gooding morons...

• Like 5

So the question becomes this:

Did any Muslim customer make a complaint, or was this put into practice by some halfwit - probably not from that faith - just in case it might offend somebody?

Remember a Newsnight report, in which an Iman pointed out the and indeed the Muslim Council had no trouble with the idea of Christmas festivals being held, instead it was down to a thoughtful - in other words, complete prat - and idiotic jerk thinking that in order not to cause offence, we'd ought to stop anything that might offend others.

If any gods are ready this, please save us from do gooding morons...

I don't think any Muslims complained. I think it was an idiot that managed to work his way up the KFC chain to a position of power.

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph...lal-mix-up.html

"KFC leaves Muslims baffled after branch drops alcohol hand-wipes in halal mix-up

Finger-licking farce as customers at KFC branch refused alcohol-based hand wipes in case they offended Muslims" ~ Quote from above article.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and use common sense, most Muslims are smart enough to make their own decisions without idiotic companies basically doing something that I consider stirring up anti-Muslim sentiment due to stupidity and ignorance.

And to think they probably pay some exec £3 million a year to come out with that idea.

• Like 1

So what happens if a Muslim has surgery... what exactly do they use as an antiseptic? Women cosmetics and the list is endless...

KFC should be banned for giving in to the threat of terrorism.

• Like 2

So what happens if a Muslim has surgery... what exactly do they use as an antiseptic? Women cosmetics and the list is endless...

KFC should be banned for giving in to the threat of terrorism.

KFC should be banned because it's God awful.

• Like 3

Sir Wearer of Hats,

The secret to appreciating KFC is to look past the fact that they use battery bred hens and all the off cuts you'd normally discard and avoid. That aside it's delicious.

• Like 2

I want everything I don't like to be banned and I want everybody else to pay for things I want.

• Like 1

I want everything I don't like to be banned and I want everybody else to pay for things I want.

Ahmed Choudry, is that you?

• Like 3

KFC should be banned because it's God awful.

Are you serious? Food of the Gods.

Damn shame I am not allowed to eat it or my trainer will probably kill me with exercise.

Damn I miss KFC.

Also - best chips in the world.

Damn I miss chips...........

Bugger this, I am out of here, hungry now.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

They have Halal only KFC??

WTF???? How the heck does anything deep fried in a pressure cooker keep any deity happy?

Hang on - I just read, it is a trial store.

Anyhooo

Brief Analysis

The incident described did take place. However, the protest message is misleading. The withdrawal of the wipes was simply the result of staff misunderstanding about Islamic rules and was not due to pressure from the Islamic community. In fact, there are no Islamic rules about using alcohol as a cleansing agent and the alcohol hand wipes are approved for use in halal restaurants. (Please review detailed analysis below for more information.)

LINK - Hoax Slayer - Misleading Protest Message Calls for KFC Boycott Due to Halal Hand Wipe Rules

• Like 2

Why does KFC feel the need to offer halal chicken in the first place? It's supposed to be Kentucky fried chicken. If the Muslims want halal chicken then let them open a chain of their own, maybe Damascus Drumsticks or Turkey Fried Chicken. Does KFC offer halal and non-halal? Can I get a mixed bucket? Gimme 3 pieces original halal and 3 original non-halal. Make the rest extra crispy. No wait, make two of those halal and the rest regular. Can I get some Kosher fries with that? How can they do business like that? Also, the specs for halal said no meat could come from the animal's hindquarters. Just where do the hindquarters begin on a chicken? No other group is catered to like the Muslims and they still want to kill us all. What's next? The Big McGoat?

• Like 2

Can't stand KFC or the idea of Halal.

I wonder what (some) Muslims do, when they have to an injection from a nurse, and the nurse, takes an alcohol wipe to rub the skin clean first... hmmm... Or when in the same hospital, you are required to wipe your hands with that de-infecting gel...otherwise known as alcohol jelly, to kill bacteria...

Why does KFC feel the need to offer halal chicken in the first place? It's supposed to be Kentucky fried chicken. If the Muslims want halal chicken then let them open a chain of their own, maybe Damascus Drumsticks or Turkey Fried Chicken. Does KFC offer halal and non-halal? Can I get a mixed bucket? Gimme 3 pieces original halal and 3 original non-halal. Make the rest extra crispy. No wait, make two of those halal and the rest regular. Can I get some Kosher fries with that? How can they do business like that? Also, the specs for halal said no meat could come from the animal's hindquarters. Just where do the hindquarters begin on a chicken? No other group is catered to like the Muslims and they still want to kill us all. What's next? The Big McGoat?

Um, actually, I hesitate to mention this as you are clearly in quite a state already but there is a McDonalds in my suburb that serves halal meat .... a friend of one of my niece's went absolutely bat crazy and bought out half the menu, scoffing it in one go while we just gaped at him the day they converted to halal meat. I still laugh about it now :w00t:

Um, actually, I hesitate to mention this as you are clearly in quite a state already but there is a McDonalds in my suburb that serves halal meat .... a friend of one of my niece's went absolutely bat crazy and bought out half the menu, scoffing it in one go while we just gaped at him the day they converted to halal meat. I still laugh about it now :w00t:

The only state I'm in is Ohio.

Ethyl alcohol perhaps but I don't think there would be many takers willing to drink isopropyl alcohol. Apparently KFC has a problem telling the difference.

cormac

• Like 2

If muslims don't like the wipes they don't have to use them. The pig ignorant PC brigade should keep their frigging noses out and let people make up their own minds.

"Pig ignorant" :lol: