Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus NEVER existed according to this writer

seeder

Dont shoot the messenger!

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a 'mythical character'

Writer Michael Paulkovich has claimed that there is a little evidence for a person known as Jesus existing in history

Jesus is thought to have lived from about 7BC to 33AD in the Roman Empire

However Paulkovich says he found little to no mention of the supposed messiah in 126 texts written in the first to third centuries

Only one mention of Jesus was present, in a book by Roman historian Josephus Flavius, but he says this was added by later editors

He says this is surprising despite the ‘alleged worldwide fame’ of Jesus

And this has led him to believe that Jesus was a 'mythical character'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2776194/Jesus-never-existed-Writer-finds-no-mention-Christ-126-historical-texts-says-mythical-character.html#ixzz3EuraNDMh

• Like 4

Back then Jesus was a common man not a world wide hero, of course they will be hardly mention of him

• Like 6

As I recall, he only really became famous after Christainaity had spread, as people talked about him. This was at least a certury after his death, not at all shortly after his lifetime.

• Like 3

I think this is hardly shocking. There's some people on this forum that use every thread they ever post in as an opportunity to promote their own theories saying exactly the same thing.

• Like 3

Its not the first time some writer has said that, and it wont be the last.

Dont shoot the messenger!

Hold your fire!

I'd have to wonder what list of ancient writings he looked at as I can think of several in that time period that mention Christians - Tacitus for example.

Doug

• Like 3

I think this is hardly shocking. There's some people on this forum that use every thread they ever post in as an opportunity to promote their own theories saying exactly the same thing.

Shocking!

Hold your fire!

I'd have to wonder what list of ancient writings he looked at as I can think of several in that time period that mention Christians - Tacitus for example.

Doug

Tacitus is more evidence of Christians than an historical Jesus.

Edit: My bad...I was thinking of texts by Pliny.I have reason to believe that the Tacitus passage is a forgery.

Edited by davros of skaro

Hold your fire!

Doug

Theres a full list of the writings in the article

Theres a full list of the writings in the article

I would like to know why the article has a video for Joseph Atwill's bunk "Caesar's Messiah"?

This is the same guy that wrote a Book about William Shakespeare not existing.

Tacitus is more evidence of Christians than an historical Jesus.

OK so who was the Christ that the world forgot about and replaced with someone completely invented from scratch? This author, and many others, haven't thought this through.
  • Like 1

World wide fame in those days only meant a few hundred miles.

• Like 3

World wide fame in those days only meant a few hundred miles.

OK so who was the Christ that the world forgot about and replaced with someone completely invented from scratch? This author, and many others, haven't thought this through.

The Old Testament is Jesus Christ.People started taking OT verses out of context and were seeing hidden messages of a saviour deity within the pages.Later the Gospels were written to put this celestial deity as being on Earth and to have official doctrine.

Watch the lectures in my signature and judge for yourself.

Edit: I do not know how WC's post got in here?

Nobody invented it from scratch. The entire story of Christ mimicks many other more ancient mythological characters. There is nothing new about the story at all if you read the more ancient stories. This is a tale told since the dawn of time, a tale about sacrifice, miracles, virgin births, perfect God or in many cases half-God being. The story of Jesus is likely the latest generation of this ancient mythology. It sticks around because it resonates with people and is a very powerful story.

• Like 4

No-one mentioned Horus yet? :lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

No-one mentioned Horus yet? :lol:

Progress.:)

• Like 2

Just my opinion, but I think the man we call Jesus was a real person, probably a Rabbi who wanted to wrest the Jewish religion from Roman control. This got him into trouble and he was cricified by the Romans, who crucified many uppity Jews.

What this man's original message was we will never know.

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but I think the man we call Jesus was a real person, probably a Rabbi who wanted to wrest the Jewish religion from Roman control. This got him into trouble and he was cricified by the Romans, who crucified many uppity Jews.

What this man's original message was we will never know.

What about the many other deities of myth that went through a struggle and triumphed?Where they real too?If Jesus is the exception, then why not Inanna, Romulus, or Osiris?

What about the many other deities of myth that went through a struggle and triumphed?Where they real too?If Jesus is the exception, then why not Inanna, Romulus, or Osiris?

You make a valid point. I think these other deities evolved over time from some more primitive myths. If Jesus never existed, what is the primal orgin of the Jesus myth?

Give it another 2000 years and we will probably have a new mythology, and people will be comparing that mythology to the more ancient mythology of "Jesus" as we compare Jesus today to Osirus, Romulus, or Inanna ;)

Though I do hope that in another 2000 years we are exploring the solar system, and thinking seriously about long duration interstellar space travel. Sadly, I fear that we will more likely be struggling to survive after being brought to the brink of extinction after nuclear war, huge natural disaster, return to religious fundamentalist or extremist control of power, etc.

My hope is that mankind 2000 years from now looks back on this age as the dawn of a new consciousness, a golden age of scientific discovery that was the stepping stone to greater things, a dangerous and risky time in history that paid off for the better.

My fear is that 2000 years from now a desperate and dangerous world looks back and remembers this as a fabled age of enlightenment that ended in utter failure.

Edited by Einsteinium

I am genuinely amazed that somebody hasn't tried to argue for the existence of Jesus yet :w00t: haha