Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Siberian craters linked to Bermuda Triangle

UM-Bot

Scientists believe that they have finally determined what caused several huge holes to appear in Siberia.

The discovery of the mysterious craters made headlines across the globe back in July as scientists struggled to work out what might have caused them. The first one appeared in Siberia's Yamal peninsula and several others were soon found in the weeks that followed.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ermuda-triangle

• Like 1

Huh. Well I suppose that's a possible explanation.

The first comment on the article pretty much sums this up. The Bermuda Triangle doesn't experience any more missing ships or planes than any other part of any ocean. This explanation isn't even new, lmao I think I remember seeing this reasoning on a discovery channel special over 15 years ago.

• Like 1

Makes a lot of sense, though. Mother nature burped.

A very scientific explainition of a paranormal event.

How is this in any way a paranormal event? It's a hole in the ground.

• Like 1

he was talking about the triangle.

but if it is gas, where did all the wrecks go.

he was talking about the triangle.

but if it is gas, where did all the wrecks go.

There's nothing paranormal about the triangle. No more ships or planes go missing there than anywhere else in the world.

There's nothing paranormal about the triangle. No more ships or planes go missing there than anywhere else in the world.

again where are all the wrecks. even if the gulf stream pushed them all over to europe. there has to be wrecks. they couldn't of all dropped into the midatlantic volcanoe.

Edited by danielost

again where are all the wrecks. even if the gulf stream pushed them all over to europe. there has to be wrecks. they couldn't of all dropped into the midatlantic volcanoe.

...at the bottom of a very deep trench?

...at the bottom of a very deep trench?

the deepest trench is the atlantic is south of Puerto Rico. that is the wrong direction the gulf flows north east.

........anymore...mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

All over the ocean floor. Where are all the other wreaks of craft that have disappeared across the world?

Gian J. Quasar, a researcher of the Bermuda Triangle phenomenon has for years, accumulated about 350 reports and maritime documents of disappearances. This is quite a lot of people disappearing without any traces in one place.

http://www.bermuda-t...e_database.html

That said, the theory of methane gas hydrates in the Bermuda Triangle isn't exactly new (see: http://www.theage.co...6631498889.html) but still very interesting. If proven right, it could explain this mystery once and for all.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Gian J. Quasar, a researcher of the Bermuda Triangle phenomenon has for years, accumulated about 350 reports and maritime documents of disappearances. This is quite a lot of people disappearing in one place.

http://www.bermuda-t...e_database.html

That said, the theory of methane gas hydrates in the Bermuda Triangle isn't exactly new (see: http://www.theage.co...6631498889.html) but still very interesting. If proven right, it could explain this mystery once and for all.

And I'm sure you could do the same with almost any area of the ocean that has just as much traffic through it.

And I'm sure you could do the same with almost any area of the ocean that has just as much traffic through it.

I don't know if there are other areas in the world of the size of the Bermuda Triangle (500 thousand square leagues of sea), on which you can pinpoint a similar database of disappearances, at any rate I would be interested to learn more about them.

Edited by sam_comm

I don't know if there are other places in the world of the size of the Bermuda Triangle, on which you can pinpoint a similar database of disappearances, at any rate I would be interested to learn more about them.

Librarian Lawrence Kusche conducted independent research into many of the incidents associated with the Bermuda Triangle. His work was published in the book The Bermuda Triangle Mystery: Solved. He found that the most highly publicized cases were often full of sloppy and incomplete research - Kusche preferred, where possible, to use original sources for each incident. He noted inconsistencies between the stories of popular writers and the testimony of witnesses. He also pointed out that descriptions of clement sailing weather did not agree with official weather records of stormy weather, and that reports of mysteriously missing craft were publicized, but reports of their return or other resolution were not. Kusche concluded: "The Legend of the Bermuda Triangle is a manufactured mystery... perpetuated by writers who either purposely or unknowingly made use of misconceptions, faulty reasoning, and sensationalism."[2]

The BBC TV Horizon documentary about the Bermuda Triangle, first aired in 1976 and reedited for PBS as the NOVA episode "The Case of the Bermuda Triangle,"[3] featured a broad variety of opinion on the subject, but concluded "When we've gone back to the original sources or the people involved, the mystery evaporates. Science does not have to answer questions about the Triangle because those questions are not valid in the first place... Ships and planes behave in the Triangle the same way they behave everywhere else in the world."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle#Other_.22Triangles.22

There just isn't anything mysterious going on there. It's be cool if there were, but the reality doesn't back up the stories.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Arr.. there be a lot of pirates in the triangle, maty. They toss you off your boat, strip it and use it for drug running. Plus a boat or plane can be very hard to see even under shallow water.

Edited by GreenmansGod

I don't know if there are other areas in the world of the size of the Bermuda Triangle (500 thousand square leagues of sea), on which you can pinpoint a similar database of disappearances, at any rate I would be interested to learn more about them.

yes thgere is the japaneese rectangle. the same area on the opposite side of the planet in the pacific.

The Bermuda does have a history of strange disappearances, both for ships and aircraft.

While the buoyancy of ships is affected by a mass of rising bubbles, it is not likely to do that to aircraft.

From time to time the conditions of nature change dramatically in the Triangle, but the cause of these is not related to the sink holes or gas explosions in Russia. There is another reason for the loss of buoyancy in the Bermuda.

There are twelve sites on earth that have Bermuda style happenings which are known by some in the Defense forces. The Bermuda is the strongest of them, but there are six locations in the northern hemisphere and corresponding ones in the south. Those locations are geometrically aligned in a hexagonal pattern, and this phenomenon occurs on the sun and on all the planets, to varying degrees.

If the plane is flying through methane wouldn't there be a chance it might ignite the methane, causing the plane to go down in the bubbles and down the hole created by the methane seep.

• Like 1

yes thgere is the japaneese rectangle. the same area on the opposite side of the planet in the pacific.

That is correct, it's a fair way off Japan though. It's part of the hexagonal arrangement. There is nothing sinister about it, it's just a natural occurrence. These places are located roughly around 30 degrees north and south. They do shift around, but for the most part remain in the same areas.

You will notice that the sun has most of its sunspots in these latitudes. And also the planets have markings or storms, such as the red spot on Jupiter around the same latitude.

Our moon also has distinct markings in the arrangement of the craters.

Edited by Starhunter

Sure there is. Check up north, in the Great Lakes. More disappearances, mysterious weather, and unexplained phenomena than the Bermuda Triangle ever had.

• Like 2