Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

using magic to get rich? or your own will?

LostSouls7

well i grew up in a bible family. Church all that.

They say that getting rich is evil??

I don't think so, I am not evil but i want it all.

Ever since I started messing with magic and self empowerment...

money has come easy. Also I am very self empowered...

my relatives thinks it's evil but i love it!

If it's evil.. well hey I love being evil because things are going my way!

magic is awesome... and it is the key to the universe

If it becomes an obsession then it becomes 'evil' in the sense that it has power over you. Wanting to make a good amount of money so that your life is easier, no problem with that. It's the same thing I want.

I don't think that magick makes anything external change, but it leads to an internal change that shapes your reality.

• Like 1

Rich isn't necessarily evil, it depends on how you get rich. The current Governor of Florida got rich ripping off Medicare, then took the 5th and let his employees take the fall. The guy is evil and even looks evil in a naked mole rat kind of way. He must have been using some powerful witchcraft to get elected. You have to be careful on how you ask more money in spell. You don't want to cause harm and end up looking like this guy.

Portrait-of-evil-Gov-Rick-Scott.jpg

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 2

I used magick to get rich ... worked great!

Dont have much money but I sure am rich ... :)

• Like 5

You're probably unintentionally casting Fool's Gold. It's a level 2 Bard and Wizard spell that makes objects of lesser value

appear to be made of gold. Just be careful because it only last one round per caster level.

"Magic" isn't real. It isn't a thing. Unless you are specifically talking about becoming a stage magician as a career; you

can't get rich from it. And I assume your family members have some money, correct? Well then to someone out there (myself

for example) they are rich people.

Money isn't evil, money is the root of evil. As in some people are willing to subvert every common decency and respect for their

fellow man to get it. If money was evil why does every church out there ask you for yours every week?

Edited by Jack_of_Blades
  • Like 1

....The guy is evil and even looks evil in a naked mole rat kind of way. ...

That was wicked funny. :lol:

Nothing wrong with money or having it. How you get it will affect you.

If you want money though then you have to acquire it the way the rest of us do..work for it. Flailing your arms about in some silly magic ritual will never do it.

Magick is the art and science of create change according to ones will. While this is a vague explanation I find it true. Any intentional act that bring forth a change in your life is "magick" by this definition. I work within the psychological model so to me a ritual or sigil is just a way of empowering an idea or implanting a thought in my subconscious. So if I did something for getting rich, it would create an internal change which might result in a shift in my awareness, my actions, etc. I'm still on the fence about causing external change and influence. I can understand the internal dynamics of it, even though I can't put it into words sometimes. :P

One of the main problems I have with the I M crowd (intention-manifestation) is that they forget and important part; Action!

It's Intention + Action = Manifestation.

• Like 2

Money isn't evil, money is the root of evil.

If I may offer a humble correction: it is "the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil". Not quite so encompassing as the pop saying goes.

• Like 3

If I may offer a humble correction: it is "the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil". Not quite so encompassing as the pop saying goes.

That is what I was attempting to say, but got kinda long-winded about it. :tu:

You're probably unintentionally casting Fool's Gold. It's a level 2 Bard and Wizard spell that makes objects of lesser value

appear to be made of gold. Just be careful because it only last one round per caster level.

"Magic" isn't real. It isn't a thing. Unless you are specifically talking about becoming a stage magician as a career; you

can't get rich from it. And I assume your family members have some money, correct? Well then to someone out there (myself

for example) they are rich people.

I'd have to disagree with that. "Magic" does exist, the power of nature is strong and can be manipulated by some who choose to do so. It won't cause explosions and fireballs like you see in Diablo or World of Warcraft, but it is no less real for that.

Money isn't evil, money is the root of evil. As in some people are willing to subvert every common decency and respect for their

fellow man to get it.

Or is the LOVE of money the root of all evil?

If money was evil why does every church out there ask you for yours every week?

Not every church does ask for money every week. The last church I went to put a non-descript blue box in the corner, unmarked and unlabelled. At no time during the service is the box mentioned, and it is not discussed in conversation before or after church (unless a new attendee or visitor asked how they can donate, in which case it's pointed out, but their asking how to donate suggests they wanted to do so before asking anyway). But it's there, and if you attend the members meeting that happens every two months, then you'll find out that the box is there, and what it is for - at any time, just go and drop whatever you like into the box as your offertory. The box wasn't watched by anyone to tick off names as to who did or didn't put anything in - as a result on at least one occasion that I'm aware of the contents of the box were stolen by someone attending the church one day (either that or it was the only week in the history of this congregation that no one put any money in the box).
  • Like 1

Rich isn't necessarily evil, it depends on how you get rich. The current Governor of Florida got rich ripping off Medicare, then took the 5th and let his employees take the fall. The guy is evil and even looks evil in a naked mole rat kind of way. He must have been using some powerful witchcraft to get elected. You have to be careful on how you ask more money in spell. You don't want to cause harm and end up looking like this guy.

Portrait-of-evil-Gov-Rick-Scott.jpg

Can you believe it ? It's like a slap in everyone's face . Him and the other one. Good grief.

I'd have to disagree with that. "Magic" does exist, the power of nature is strong and can be manipulated by some who choose to do so. It won't cause explosions and fireballs like you see in Diablo or World of Warcraft, but it is no less real for that.

Which is your belief and that's fine. However I disagree. And there is power in nature, but magic isn't the word for it.

Or is the LOVE of money the root of all evil?

I refer to the post above where I elaborated. I have a tendency to get so wrapped up in what I'm trying to say that it ends up a bit vague. :blush:

Not every church does ask for money every week. The last church I went to put a non-descript blue box in the corner, unmarked and unlabelled. At no time during the service is the box mentioned, and it is not discussed in conversation before or after church (unless a new attendee or visitor asked how they can donate, in which case it's pointed out, but their asking how to donate suggests they wanted to do so before asking anyway). But it's there, and if you attend the members meeting that happens every two months, then you'll find out that the box is there, and what it is for - at any time, just go and drop whatever you like into the box as your offertory. The box wasn't watched by anyone to tick off names as to who did or didn't put anything in - as a result on at least one occasion that I'm aware of the contents of the box were stolen by someone attending the church one day (either that or it was the only week in the history of this congregation that no one put any money in the box).

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to say that all churches are greedy. Only that they need money to function like any organization. So gaining money isn't evil.

Edited by Jack_of_Blades

Which is your belief and that's fine. However I disagree. And there is power in nature, but magic isn't the word for it.

I refer to the post above where I elaborated. I have a tendency to get so wrapped up in what I'm trying to say that it ends up a bit vague. :blush:

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to say that all churches are greedy. Only that they need money to function like any organization. So gaining money isn't evil.

Did you know that in the bible Jesus' disciples and apostles spoke of how they would never touch any of the money given to the church, but that every cent went to the mission Christ gave to them to fulfill.

It is so distasteful, so wrong ,and yeah , evil for any church to profit for their own selves wealth . How could anyone steal from God? From Jesus ? Jesus words were something like: What you do for the least of these ,( the very poor) is the same as if you did for me ...

He never said or hinted at all that the men he sent forth to do his mission will get rich , instead he mentioned the opposite of wealth. I wonder if Jesus did not mean for his church to function by means of money..I don't know...

There's something behind money that's ungodly , fixed to be judged.When that time comes.

Edited by Reann

Money isn't evil in and of itself--it's just a modification of the barter system, and nobody I know of would say that trading stuff around is evil. The only difference with money is that it has a predefined value, but even that doesn't mean too much. It's what you do with the money that causes problems. Like any other commodity, if you hoard it, people who want it will not aprove.

Money isn't evil in and of itself--it's just a modification of the barter system, and nobody I know of would say that trading stuff around is evil. The only difference with money is that it has a predefined value, but even that doesn't mean too much. It's what you do with the money that causes problems. Like any other commodity, if you hoard it, people who want it will not aprove.

How on earth did that ever work?

'How much for that donkey cart? '

' 12 leams of lentils '

' I only have 10 leams of lentils, will you take 10 of lentils and 2 of wheat?'

'Hmm ... nah, wheats plentiful at the moment ... 10 leams of lentils and 3 of wheat.'

'Thats a bit steep, how about 3 leams of wheat if I get 3 pairs of straw sandals back?'

'2 pair.'

' 3 and I will give you this lucky medallion as change.'

'Deal.'

Must have had big wallets !

• Like 1

Must have had big wallets !

They did, except in those days another name for wallets was "donkeys pulling large carts". Personally, I prefer the following method of payment:

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media] And magic was often frowned upon. Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2