Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quarantined Ebola family released

some new guy

The first group of people quarantined and monitored after close contact with Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan has been cleared, with the 21-day monitoring period passing for 48 people. Duncan’s relatives and fiancée Louise Troh are among those who faced monitoring because of Duncan’s diagnosis.

As officials continue to monitor dozens of others who came in contact with Duncan, the U.S. Department of Defense is assembling a 30-member medical support team made up of critical-care nurses, infectious disease doctors and disease protocol trainers. Those medical workers are able to offer short-term help should more Ebola cases arise

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/dozens-cleared-ebola-monitoring-21-day-window-passes/story?id=26316061

BEST - Ron

• Like 2

Strange that none of his family have contracted it, yet the hospital staff has. Good luck on the lawsuit.

Strange that none of his family have contracted it, yet the hospital staff has. Good luck on the lawsuit.

Why is that strange? If anything, it shows that ebola is not as easily passed on as say the flu or the common cold. How often do you hand the bodily fluids of your family?

• Like 2

Why is that strange? If anything, it shows that ebola is not as easily passed on as say the flu or the common cold. How often do you hand the bodily fluids of your family?

I don't know, I couldn't count the number of times I've shared a drink from the same glass (surely there would be saliva) or used the same hand towel to dry my hands, just for starters.

I think they were well aware of the situation and the possibility that he might have ebola would have been discussed given where he had been and what he knew he had been exposed, so they took sanitary precautions that have not been discussed in the media.

It is heartening that basic precautions can make a real difference and I am betting there are a lot of people from that flight the nurse took and their contacts that are feeling a whole lot better about their chances of escaping the disease.

• Like 1