Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bloke asks his probation officer for weed

questionmark

NEW YORK, Oct. 24 (UPI) -- A New York state man was sentenced to two years in jail after accidentally texting his probation officer a message seeking marijuana.

Prosecutors said Alvin Cross Jr. of Albany sent his probation officer a text message reading, "You have some weed?"

Authorities responded by raiding Cross' home and seizing a bag of cocaine.

As I said: you don't have to be an idiot in attempting at crime, but it sure helps.

• Like 6

Note to self: Don't have a prob officer on one's phone contact list if you are still "using"

• Like 3

Some people lack common sense nowadays. He should have checked the number before he hit send. Plus, he shouldn't be doing drugs anyways. It sometimes surprises me how dumb some people can actually be without even trying.

NEW YORK, Oct. 24 (UPI) -- A New York state man was sentenced to two years in jail after accidentally texting his probation officer a message seeking marijuana.

Prosecutors said Alvin Cross Jr. of Albany sent his probation officer a text message reading, "You have some weed?"

Authorities responded by raiding Cross' home and seizing a bag of cocaine.

Maybe he was trying to ask his probation officer if he needed help in his garden ? :whistle:

• Like 2

911: What is your emergency?

Caller: I'm out of weed, and my meth is getting low. Can you get me some?

911: Do you have enough meth to get you through a few hours?

Caller: I think so. Can you get me more?

911: Sure, we'll be right there.

• Like 3

There's absolutely no words I can express the sheer stupidity of this. -,-'

That would be me. I text the wrong people all the time. :yes:

It's easy. Ya'll should try it sometime. Keeps you and others on your toes and makes for some interesting exchanges.

Although fortunately not at consequential as this guy's.

Edited by QuiteContrary

A few snorts of cocaine and a desperate need of weed, would not have been surprised if he pressed "send to all" in his phonebook. Anyway, now he is on prison, he needs not worry about texting for some anymore. :whistle:

I read a story where a guy was busted, went to court and in front of the judge - in court - pulled out a loaded pipe and asked his solicitor if he had a light on him. Cant find the story now though.

I once shared a joint with a friend while his brother, who also lived there was getting ready for work, as a sheriff deputy!

In full uniform and a gun he just waved us goodbye for the night. (He didn't smoke pot)

This was in Florida about 1978.

That was likely one of my strangest experiences.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Iv never been to jail or even remotely in trouble with the police, I'm also not a coke head though

• Like 1

Here's another one for you guys...

About 20 years I fully owned a house in a rural area. (Think gravel roads)

Anyway, I left to work in the morning and, returning home in the mid-afternoon, I noticed a vehicle in the rather deep ditch(very little water), and could tell that it had "spun-out" on the gravel road from the marks.

I was in a van, pulled-over and got out to see what happened.

I could not approach too closely, else I would have fell into the ditch.

But I did perceive that there were no occupants inside or outside, from my perspective anyway.

The car had significant roof damage, and the windshield was "spider-cracked", as if the occupant was going too fast, rolled the vehicle and did not have his seatbelt on, slamming his head against the windshield.

I called 911.

She said that sheriffs were on their way, but asked on the phone if I could see the license plate and stay on-site. I said yes and gave her the number.

While on the phone, she said that the vehicle(a nice, newer car at the time) had been reported stolen the night before.

When the sheriffs arrived(no ambulance) they questioned me, noted my ID and such.

Here's the kicker... during the "roll" or during "escape" the thief's wallet apparently fell out of his pocket inside the vehicle.

He was eventually found due to the ID, and charged with numerous offenses.

Another stupid act by criminals in my state...

About 5 years ago a vehicle on the interstate here blew a tire and went to the side of the interstate. They had no spare tire.

They flagged-down a State trooper that was passing-by and asked for assistance.

The trooper became suspicious due to their behavior and a strong odor of whatever.

He called-in for a drug dog and, guess what? They had 13 pounds of pot in the trunk.

I suppose they were stupid enough to think that could be assisted by the law, be on their way, and laugh about it.

Considered felony drug possession with intent to illegally distribute, both of them got stiff prison time.

One of my cousins was trafficking marijuana with his friend and smoking and drinking while driving back and forth, the police pulled them over and immediately smelled the weed, I think they had like 4 pounds in the trunk, my cousins friends dad was rich and so he didn't see any jail time. My cousin told the police who the supplier was and he was put on probation. Lesson is crime doesn't pay. Heck I remember when me and him were little ones we use to catch frogs from this marsh a few blocks from his house

• Like 1