Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

European Space Agency Moon Base Plans

seeder

A home of our own - on the MOON: European Space Agency reveals plans for first human settlement outside Earth - and says inflatable base will be made by 3D printing robots

3D printing technology will transform raw lunar soil into livable domes, covering inflatable structures

Will house four people and protect them from meteorites and gamma radiation

Could be ready for humans to move in within the next 40 years

It could be the first human settlement on another planet.

European Space Agency bosses today revealed a video tour of the moonbase they hope could see its first visitor in 40 years.

It will be made from an inflatable done covered in lunar soil by robots to create a safe structure, and will have room for four to live and work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2824282/A-home-MOON-European-Space-Agency-reveals-plans-human-settlement-outside-Earth-says-inflatable-base-3D-printing-robots.html#ixzz3INQmyjCw

• Like 2

yay! Go on, call it Moonbase Alpha please!!

• Like 3

Indeed. Mind you, if the Chinese do it first, theirs will be called the,....

Named the Lunar Permanent Astrobase Life-Support Artificial Closed Ecosystem, or Palace 1 for short, the base is a realistic (except for the gravity) pretend Lunar base built and maintained at Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/17/chinese-moon-base_n_5502749.html

The mission will be a failure. The reason why? Nazi's on the moon, lol.

Iron-Sky_portrait_w858.jpg

Edited by Karasu

But we all know what happened to that! I'm trying to figure out how Moon dust will protect the inhabitants of the moon base from the temperature s and radition levels on the Moon? How think are these walls going to be?

But we all know what happened to that! I'm trying to figure out how Moon dust will protect the inhabitants of the moon base from the temperature s and radition levels on the Moon? How think are these walls going to be?

In a similar way like you bury yourself in sand at the beach...then dont feel the sun much, or get 'sunburned'... another word for radiation of course

This is a great way to reinvigorate human imagination, hopes, dreams and aspirations.

By showing them that drudgery work can be magically achieved by turning dirt into space bases built by elfish robots doing all the *dirty lunar work* for them.

• Like 1

Aint gonna happen.

Having a relatively safe retreat prior to the manned landing has much appeal as does sourcing the materials locally. And, as I watched the robot spiral around and up the structure, I could not help but think of the somewhat similar construction methods of the pyramids and the notion if you build it, they will come.

I prefer the U.F.O. moonbase. 394f2c4fb9cb3bd4eb1f0ee5aba65586d867d23c_m.jpg

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1