Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Scientists Discover 'Stupidity Virus'

some new guy

American scientists have located a virus that attacks human DNA, which may cause those infected to be less intelligent, impairing brain activity, learning and memory.

Researchers from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and the University of Nebraska have identified traces of an algal virus, known as ATCV-1, in throat swabs drawn from healthy volunteers which appeared to lessen their mental capacity.

http://www.newsweek.com/american-researchers-discover-stupidity-virus-283319

me think interesting

you too?

BEST - Ron

• Like 1

Good, so in staying with the politically correct theme, we can now say someone is ATCV-1 challenged......sounds better than just calling them stupid and far more polite.

• Like 7

American scientists have located a virus that attacks human DNA, which may cause those infected to be less intelligent, impairing brain activity, learning and memory.

Researchers from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and the University of Nebraska have identified traces of an algal virus, known as ATCV-1, in throat swabs drawn from healthy volunteers which appeared to lessen their mental capacity.

http://www.newsweek....ty-virus-283319

me think interesting

you too?

BEST - Ron

So that's what's wrong with Republicans!

Doug

• Like 4

Doctor to patient .. "eating ok?" . . " feeling extra stupid lately?"

• Like 5

Stupidity having gone viral doesn't feel like much of a "newsflash" to me for some reason.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 9

"Well, doctor, I came in today because it took me 15% longer to find my toothpaste this morning, and 28% longer to get my shirt on the right way. Also, my dog's food dish was empty, but I didn't really care. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have drank that sludgy water."

• Like 1

I are thunk I'm going to be positive testing for stupid virus. explaining much often.

• Like 5

I are thunk I'm going to be positive testing for stupid virus. explaining much often.

Its ok OS, you do not need to explain. :yes:

• Like 2

Finding some sort of selfish satisfaction out of calling others stupid is the real virus going around these days. We all excel at some things, and fall in others. Give each other a break.

It didn't used to be like this...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

"Well, doctor, I came in today because it took me 15% longer to find my toothpaste this morning, and 28% longer to get my shirt on the right way. Also, my dog's food dish was empty, but I didn't really care. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have drank that sludgy water."

Doctor: So what was Alzheimer's first name?

Patient: Ah....ehm....

Doctor: That is how it starts!

• Like 4

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

Frank Zappa

• Like 3

Alas, it's a rampant pandemic following a close second behind the "if you are not with us, then you are against us" pandemic.

• Like 2

Nice... Lets get the government to pay pensions to those found to be stupid like they do with other similar asthonishing medical discoverries. The smart ones will work to get funds for the stupid !

• Like 1

First, it was this 'stupidity virus'. Then there was booom, selfie etc.

• Like 2

Reading the headline of this article lowered my intelligence.

When I read;

American scientists have located a virus that attacks human DNA, which may cause those infected to be less intelligent, impairing brain activity,
I was more like; OMFG, I met a complete ***hole from high school the other day - and he sneezed while we were talking.
  • Like 1

As the old saying goes, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

I know. Nobody has a monopoly on stupid.

What I can't figure out is the Democratic campaign "strategy" over the last few elections. Many of their campaigns have boiled down to: "Vote for me or you'll get stupid over there." That doesn't sound like a way to win an election. If you want your side to go to the polls, you have to give them a reason to go.

Doug

So basically we're giving people an excuse to be 'stupid'. Maybe the word is more like 'lazy' or 'ignorant'.

• Like 1

So basically we're giving people an excuse to be 'stupid'. Maybe the word is more like 'lazy' or 'ignorant'.

It's only an excuse if you test positive for the virus. That means you have to pay for the privilege.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2

probably they drank water that was laced with it.

the bright side is .. a vaccine can be made from the very stupidestest amung us ... cuz we now have imoonity

Edited by lightly
  • Like 4

the bright side is .. a vaccine can be made from the very stupidestest amung us ... cuz we now have imoonity

No, you moron, it spells impunity,....or sumthin, duh!?!! ft2vTs1.gif

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see if there are any demographics that have this virus to a larger, or lesser, extent. Like perhaps the urban poor have it 99% of the time, and the top 1% of income earners have it only 1%. Who knows? Will be interesting to see the numbers someday.

• Like 1