Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Boy Found Alive At Bottom Of Drain

Still Waters

A newborn baby has been found 2.5 metres down a drain in Sydney after cyclists passing by heard crying.

After pulling away the concrete drain cover they found the baby, thought to be two or three days old, lying at the bottom wrapped in a hospital blanket.

The child's mother, aged 30, has now been identified following hospital record checks and house-to-house enquiries in the Sydney suburb of Quakers Hill.

https://uk.news.yaho...24.html#2G7qFR6

• Like 1

Police say she is assisting them with their investigation.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/baby-boy-found-alive-bottom-drain-095259724.html#LT7VgEg

Thank goodness the boy was found!

Well the investigation would be = investigating her mental condition and establishing the help she so desperately needs. So whether she wants to assist or not, she needs some serious serious help!!

• Like 1

I am always surprised by the ressistance of the new born to any conditions.

this little men will definatedly grow up strong.

Little kids get everywhere, how did he climb down a drain..

Seriously who ever put that baby there should be put in a mental asylum and given repeated courses in how to treat babies properly

I never understand why killing (attempting to) a baby is the resort chosen.... for goodness sake why not just pass the baby up to Adoption Services??

• Like 3

I hope they get him into good home. I don't understand who people can do things like that. If you don't what the baby there are lots of people who can't have children who will take in a baby. I couldn't even do that to an animal much less a baby. :(

• Like 2

Its easy to say we do not understand how a mother could do this to her child, because its certainly not a "normal and rational" thing to do, this is why this woman seriously needs help.

What I can not understand is, she apparently had the child in a hospital and had medical "care" intervention..

"It would appear the striped blanket is similar to what is wrapped on babies in hospitals.

"I can also say the umbilical cord had been cut and had been clamped so it appears to have some sort of medical intervention since its birth."

https://uk.news.yaho...24.html#TJ70rrR

I can not imagine her to be in a happy and new mother joyful mood at that time, so where her "signs" for serious help and a possible sign that the baby could be a risk mistaken for a mild form of postnatal depression and not taken as serious? Someone to have done what she did would have had to be in a seriously depressed condition, maybe well before the baby was born, in this case, one which she could not deal with (obviously), so as it seems she was not alone when she had the child, who was or where the people who let her leave the hospital in that condition, let a;one with the baby?

I am not giving her an excuse, I am just pointing out that someone in a severe state of depression are not in a position to think rationally all the time.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Update -

The mother of a baby boy who was found abandoned in a Sydney drain has been charged with attempted murder.

The woman was charged yesterday and refused bail, as is accused of leaving her son in a 2.4 metre deep drain in Quakers Hill in Sydney's west when he was just one day old.

She will appear at Blacktown Local Court today.

Police will allege the child, which is now in a stable condition in hospital, lay in the drain from Tuesday until he was found on Sunday morning.

http://www.dailymail...ard-crying.html

• Like 2

The local magistrate reportedly recommended the mother receive post-natal care whilst in custody.

Maybe having a tubal ligation too! Can not be having her do this again.

Something tells me she had pre existing mental instability well before this.

Why didn't her parents come to her rescue, she obviously needs help.

It's quite sad how little help this country has for the mentally ill. I wouldn't be surprised if there were already mental health issues, as well as severe post natal depression

Why didn't her parents come to her rescue, she obviously needs help.

As yet we have no news about her parents, but she was 30 years old. We do not know enough about her life, who she lived with (if anyone).

But what seems a touch shocking is this:

Supporters of the woman attended Penrith Court today, where she will appear via video link on Friday.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/11/23/09/10/baby-found-in-drain-in-western-sydney#QjJeXvsZJ2YByK56.99

Not sure if this mean they knew her, if so, why did they not help her at the time she so desperately needed it?