Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

58 year old virgin tells of his loneliness

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/i-wake-up-to-the-same-nightmare-every-single-day-life-as-a-58-year-old-virgin/story-fnet0gt3-1227154847438

A 58-YEAR-OLD virgin has told of the loneliness he feels as he approaches 60 without having even had a proper kiss.

“It’s like waking up to the same nightmare every single day,” said the man from Paradise, California.

He puts his celibacy down to a combination of crippling shyness and an abusive childhood.

In a no-holds-barred interview with New York Magazine, he explained what it was like to go through life without intimacy.

• Like 1

This is what child abuse does to people, it cripples them psychologically. Society just expects people to deal with this kind of stuff and grow up to be *normal*...that just doesn't happen. I feel awful for this guy, I hope he can get on disability and it would be good if he could get some counseling as well.

The world is not a nice place for many, many people. That said, I'm going over to my local senior center to help my friend (who's a volunteer there) with a Christmas party.

• Like 4

Let's hope he finds a partner and marries [if he wants to] to live the rest of his life feeling the warm comfort of love and acceptance, instead of cold loneliness.

Wow, that article just made me really sad. I wish the interviewer would have asked him if he ever considered getting professional help for his mental health.

• Like 1

I expect to be able to make that same type of statement, though there isn't any real reason to make it. I'm 41 and haven't had any intimate contact with anyone, but I have some issues like possibly attachment disorder or szhizoid, definitely depression and anxiety, and I don't really feel anything. I really worried and pined til I was about 27, then it stopped being an issue for me. Life is life. I guess numbed emotions is a blessing some time, I'd hate to be 60 and thinking about it and regretting it like that guy is.

I expect to be able to make that same type of statement, though there isn't any real reason to make it. I'm 41 and haven't had any intimate contact with anyone, but I have some issues like possibly attachment disorder or szhizoid, definitely depression and anxiety, and I don't really feel anything. I really worried and pined til I was about 27, then it stopped being an issue for me. Life is life. I guess numbed emotions is a blessing some time, I'd hate to be 60 and thinking about it and regretting it like that guy is.

If you should be regretting anything, it's that Rebecca Black quote on your profile. Cheer up bud. :)