Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did fighter jets engage the Phoenix Lights ?

UM-Bot

New evidence has emerged allegedly proving the military's involvement in the infamous UFO sighting.

One of the best known UFO cases in the United States, the Phoenix Lights was a mass sighting that occurred over Arizona in 1997.

Thousands of people reported witnessing either a series of stationary lights over the Phoenix area or a separate triangular shaped formation of lights that was seen passing over the state.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-phoenix-lights

the blame has been put to 104th fighter squadron, the jets maybe part of the exercise

"A Maryland Air National Guard pilot, Lt. Col. Ed Jones, responding to a March 2007 media query, confirmed that he had flown one of the aircraft in the formation that dropped flares on the night in question.[20] The squadron to which he belonged was in fact at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona on a training exercise at the time and flew training sorties to the Barry Goldwater Range on the night in question, according to the Maryland Air National Guard. A history of the Maryland Air National Guard published in 2000 asserted that the squadron, the 104th Fighter Squadron, was responsible for the incident.[21] The first reports that members of the Maryland Air National Guard were responsible for the incident were published in The Arizona Republic newspaper in July 1997."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

• Like 1

How does anyone think flares are dropped? From aircraft of course. So IF the story isnt bogus... why should planes and flares seen together be a mystery?

I live in phx and know its people. If jets dropped a bunch of flares 9-11 would have been alive with reports of the flares coming to the ground.

Imagine you are a home owner, in a desert and a giant burning lob of sulfur and flames is slowly descending to your property. You would have the news on location trying to figure out who you have to sue for this problem.

• Like 1

I live in phx and know its people. If jets dropped a bunch of flares 9-11 would have been alive with reports of the flares coming to the ground.

Imagine you are a home owner, in a desert and a giant burning lob of sulfur and flames is slowly descending to your property. You would have the news on location trying to figure out who you have to sue for this problem.

Except the flares were never dropped over Phoenix. They were dropped over the Barry Goldwater test range. The triangle 'object' and the flares were two separate incidents.

• Like 5

Oddly enough the coordinates in the lower left of the 'film' point to a place in China.

• Like 3

Oddly enough the coordinates in the lower left of the 'film' point to a place in China.

:clap:

• Like 1

You're right S2F, Henan, China to be exact, how can he explain this do you suppose?

• Like 2

Busted?

Edited by seeder

Busted!

Wait&see. The FTB community will claim that the GPS device of the jet was influenced by electro-fog caused by UFOs

and the FTB community will also state that it is well known that UFOs always influence human made electronical equipment.

:yes:

33 54 N 112 45 W

I get Phoenix area. Or am I reading the coordinates wrong?

• Like 1

I thought that air-dropped military flares, dispensed at particular altitudes, are designed to burn-up its fuel before reaching the ground.

Not sure though.

33 54 N 112 45 W

I get Phoenix area. Or am I reading the coordinates wrong?

well? which is it? Im not spending time looking...

Wait&see. The FTB community will claim that the GPS device of the jet was influenced by electro-fog caused by UFOs

and the FTB community will also state that it is well known that UFOs always influence human made electronical equipment.

:yes:

I don't think that is anymore the outrageous claim that the negatories in here saying that - as an example, "lights over Washington DC, 1952" was caused by "spoofed radar", "anomalous signal" or "drunk pilots/witnesses"

Just an opinoin

the blame has been put to 104th fighter squadron, the jets maybe part of the exercise

"A Maryland Air National Guard pilot, Lt. Col. Ed Jones, responding to a March 2007 media query, confirmed that he had flown one of the aircraft in the formation that dropped flares on the night in question.[20] The squadron to which he belonged was in fact at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona on a training exercise at the time and flew training sorties to the Barry Goldwater Range on the night in question, according to the Maryland Air National Guard. A history of the Maryland Air National Guard published in 2000 asserted that the squadron, the 104th Fighter Squadron, was responsible for the incident.[21] The first reports that members of the Maryland Air National Guard were responsible for the incident were published in The Arizona Republic newspaper in July 1997."

http://en.wikipedia..../Phoenix_Lights

There were no A-10s from Davis-Monthan AFB in the sky during the Phoenix UFO sighting in question and there were no flares dropped over the Barry Goldwater range that could have accounted for the Phoenix sightings either. Flares have been dropped over the range on a number of occasions and yet, there were no UFO sightings on the level of the Phoenix Lights sightings.

In 1970, I was sent TDY to Davis-Monthan AFB from Hill AFB, UT during the course of my flight training, which continued at Davis-Monthan AFB and was sent TDY to Davis-Monthan AFB to assist MASDC. I knew all along that given the distance of the Barry Goldwater range from Phoenix, there was no way those lights over Phoenix were flares nor could flares at 15,000 feet over the range be seen in Phoenix. This is another classic case where people were misled with disinformation that was presented by the Air Force, which is why I have repeatedly warned people about. As I have said on many occasions, knowledge allows a person to know when to hold 'em, and know when to throw 'em.

Edited by skyeagle409

Right, I know AFB is an acronym for "Air Force Base", but what's "TDY", "UT" and "MASDC"?

How does anyone think flares are dropped? From aircraft of course. So IF the story isnt bogus... why should planes and flares seen together be a mystery?

Flares over the Barry Goldwater range were not responsible for the Phoenix Lights sightings. Do the math and drop flares in CCRP mode and ripple them off. The spacing of the lights were seen above Phoenix was one of a few things that told me that the lights had nothing to do with flares ejected over the BGR from 50+ miles away. At minimum spacing from 77 miles away from Phoenix, you are not going to see what you saw in that video.

No one saw any flare drops over the BGR prior to the taping of that particular video. The Air Force said that A-10s were conducting flare drops at the time and that the lights people saw were extra flares left over from flare drop exercises that were ejected by A-10s on their way back to DMAFB. First of all, the Air Force said that flares were dropped at 6000 feet and ignited at 3000 feet, and when the Air Force noted its blunder, it changed the altitude from 6000 feet to 15,000 feet. The Air Force's explanations are full of errors, not to mention again that the Air Force initially denied any involvement. An A-10 pilot said that he had "10, or so, flares" left over. Left over after dropping LUU-2 flares during the exercise??? How many additional LUU-2 flares did ground crews jam into a flare pod built to hold only 8 flares? Now, what is wrong with the Air Force's claim?

Additionally, mountains sit between the BGR and Phoenix and helps explain why many people of Phoenix have never seen flares over the BGR before despite the fact the BGR has been in operation for decades. That was another major clue the Air Force was lying.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Right, I know AFB is an acronym for "Air Force Base", but what's "TDY", "UT" and "MASDC"?

Temporary Duty (TDY) and Utah (UT) and Military Aircraft Storage and Disposal Center (MASDC). While assisting MASDC, I was assigned to the B-52.

• Like 2