Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Microbes found 2,400m below the seabed

UM-Bot

The world's deepest ever marine drilling expedition has uncovered signs of life in the 'deep biosphere'.

The presence of extreme life forms in the depths of the ocean has been well documented in recent years, but now scientists venturing even deeper still by drilling in to the ground beneath the seabed have revealed the discovery of microbes living in some of the most inhospitable conditions seen anywhere on Earth.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/275876/microbes-found-2400m-below-the-seabed

2,400m seems a pretty safe place for them, for now, considering all the "plastics' and other rubbish we humans are polluting the oceans with.

I am sure more will be found even deeper over time as the sealife evolve to what we throw at it.

And yes, it has been said many times before, where some people think life on other planets will resemble man or that life can not exist because of extreme conditions, we have our own extreme conditions where life does flourish...and they look nothing like men, not even close.

• Like 1

That's nothing. You should see the bizarre stuff we have on the ocean floor at 47° 9 S 126° 43 W, where my home is.

Edited by Cruel_Cahal

That's nothing. You should see the bizarre stuff we have on the ocean floor at 47° 9 S 126° 43 W, where my home is.

Can you provide some pics, would love to see pictures of R'lyeh today taken with your camera...........nothing blurry now!!!nono.gif

The good news is, the possibility of microbes living on exoplanets in space, equally as good, is this opens up the possibility of advanced life forms also living on exoplanets. This is the best news yet, for us people who knew all along we are not alone in the universe. :clap:

2,400m seems a pretty safe place for them, for now, considering all the "plastics' and other rubbish we humans are polluting the oceans with.

I am sure more will be found even deeper over time as the sealife evolve to what we throw at it.

And yes, it has been said many times before, where some people think life on other planets will resemble man or that life can not exist because of extreme conditions, we have our own extreme conditions where life does flourish...and they look nothing like men, not even close.

these microbes aren't there due to humans.

these microbes aren't there due to humans.

HUH, and what made you put this? who mentioned they were?

A true will to thrive !! So interesting we start to glimpse through evolution it's always been here .

Gives me hope of finding live on other planets too. Mars could have deep down microbes living there right now, on residual radiation and heat.

Yes. Microbes exist so deep in the crust, they can survive an asteroid impact large enough to evaporate Earth's oceans.

Where there is life there is death.

Where there is life there is death.

unless they are eaten, microbes don't die that often. they just become two more other microbes.

• Like 1

unless they are eaten, microbes don't die that often. they just become two more other microbes.

Well that is truly bizarre, but i like it.