Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 children found dead in Australia

pallidin

Breaking News:

(CNN) -- Eight children have been found dead at a home in a suburb of the Australian city of Cairns, police said Friday.

Police said they were called to the property Friday morning after reports of a woman with serious injuries.

"During an examination of the residence, police located the bodies of the children, all aged between 18 months and 15 years," the Queensland Police Service said in a statement.

The woman, who is believed to be in her 30s, is being treated for her injuries and is helping police with their investigation, the statement said.

The road has been blocked off, police said, with officers from criminal investigation, child protection and crime scene units at the scene.

No further information is available at this stage, the statement said.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/australia-cairns-police-investigation/index.html

Merry friggen Christmas hey.

Gosh, this is just as bad as it gets. I am so very sorry to hear of this tragedy, with Children it always seems to be ten times worse. I wish the Police speedy resolve to find out what happened here and my deepest condolences to any surviving grieving family.

It was a stabbing apparently. A 34 year old woman has been taken to Hospital with injuries (wound to chest), but Police are presently unable to confirm the relationship between the woman and the children.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 5

Police have confirmed the wounded woman is the mother of the children.

And "the community has no need to be afraid" which suggests the killer had reasons to target this family - the father is "secure" in the house.

And it's an Islander community, if they don't get their hands on whoever did it, the locals will and it'll be a lynching.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's unknown at this time if it was a family dispute or what.

The surviving woman's knowledge, giving statements to police investigator's, have not yet been released.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Latest update is the eight were related, it was their mother who was also wounded and they were discovered by their 20 year old brother.

I read this on cnn.com. I thought seven of the children were the children of the surviving woman, and the eighth was a member of the family.

Anyways, this is horrible. Very very horrible, those poor children. :( My heart goes out to them, the family, to Australia.

• Like 3

Just In:

(CNN) -- [breaking news update, posted at 4:30 p.m. ET]

The mother of seven of the eight children found dead in a house in the northeastern Australian city of Cairns has been arrested on suspicion of murder, said police Inspector Bruno Asnicar.

She's under police guard at a hospital and in stable condition, he said.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/australia-cairns-police-investigation/index.html

Edited by pallidin

Dang, what a total whacko she must be to kill her precious children.

Let me guess, she self-inflicted stab wound(s) to deflect investigators.

But since it was not fatal, and whatever other evidence they found, the mother is the primary suspect at this time.

If it was an intruder, I would imagine that the mother would be certainly dead as well, if not the first to die.

EDIT: Perhaps she did try to kill herself after allegedly murdering her children, but was unsuccessful.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

If this is the case, IF she is the murderer, I'm somewhat glad she's alive.

Perhaps she will tell the police why she did such a horrific crime.

Edited by pallidin

This is so incomprehensible. She also killed her niece, I feel sick, it's so horrible.

• Like 1